Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #211
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Well I moved on from them after they told me they had no idea when they could send my replacement wing after I received the damage one. It was a couple days short of 23 weeks from order to receipt. Which in my opinion, was ridiculous! Hell a house can be build in that time. Sorry to hear about your situation, but I guess when they got you by the short hairs........
I thought about ordering the OEM one and got a great price from a dealer on the forum, but I really didn't want to spend that kind of money on a wing.
Had an order in with Next Gen Speed, but they couldn't deliver in the time frame they claimed.
Now C7 Carbon is on the clock.
Hope you have better luck with c7 than I did, the one I got didn’t make it to the car.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #212
gra359

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1, 1970 BOSS 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
Not to be a Debbie downer but to add to my post #204:
BEEP Motorsports called me today Apr. 14th because they called Anderson to see when the ship time/build time is. She said Anderson said it will be an additional 10 to 16 weeks.

So I'm cancelling which she was understanding and even said I know it's early in the morning but I can't make any sense of this. I'm going to order and take my chance with the EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler. Sorry guys
I ordered a EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler. It should be delivered today. They have several in stock ready to ship.
gra359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #213
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra359 View Post
I ordered a EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler. It should be delivered today. They have several in stock ready to ship.
If you could please post pics of everything the way it comes out of the box. If I'm not mistaken, this one is plastic.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #214
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
If I was a gambling man I would say this is where the Anderson's wing comes from. http://www.screambodykit.com/view.php?ID=481
Check out the diffuser look familiar on that car even though its the page about the wing. Anderson's uses carbon post/stanchions that mate like the oem some wings attach to the stanchions with 4 exposed screws. little details like this and keyboard I can track down where this stuff comes from.

And what about carbon doors.. not many people are going to dabble with the doors..
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2a44633d1Yc3Qk

I've talked to CWS but them seem fishy I think there a trade company not the maker of the products I could be wrong but I get that vibe. ( A trade company is a middle man posing as a manufacture prices are a tad higher!)

I know its hard to trust people especially in China but hell this stuff is all made in China If you notice Anderson's sister company is seibon carbon. Which is manufactured or based in china.

I did a lot of business with the Chinese bought 1000s of dollars in Brushless motors, Foam and composite jets, servos, Lipo batteries, and speed controllers. I never got scammed but also I all ways searched for the maker of the items to get the best prices. You have to weed through the middle man a lot to find the actual manufacture. It takes a keen eye to see the difference of a copy made from a copy. anyhow I come to trust 3 makers of carbon if I was going to buy direct and for go the wait!

Racing & Carbon Fiber MFG CO LTD ( SABON CARBON)
sales@racing-cf.com
Instagram: @saboncarbon if you want to check out there work.

Sabon's Wing is pretty impressive just you need there carbon trunk to go with it since the holes will not line up perfectly to the oem holes... they were totally honest up front about this. I believe this is what's happening to the wings that are imported lately the companies that went on line to resale these items just assumed the holes matched and the wing would sit flush. You can get a wing and trunk for the same price as a wing from here. just FYI.. See quote..

I sent my LPE carbon scoop to be made by SAbon and got a hell of a good quote.. The weave on the LPE doesn't match the twill on the car plus I can get some made for people with the Edelbrock.

Supertechnics and screamingbodykits seem pretty reliable as well.

Trufiber should make this wing just, I couldn't give up my wing to copy. It was to expensive to part with.. and was no guarantee to get it back in perfect condition since the winglets would have to be pulled off to make to make the mold.

I think some of these companies are 3D SCANNING the wings vs old school making a mold from the oem part and this is why there are fitment issues.

A little off topic but hopefully it gives you some choices and something to think about.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #215
gra359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
If you could please post pics of everything the way it comes out of the box. If I'm not mistaken, this one is plastic.
No problem. it will be later tonight or early tomorrow. Yes it is ABS Plastic. I based my purchase on there installation video on there web sight. It looked real good.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:03 AM   #216
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
If I was a gambling man I would say this is where the Anderson's wing comes from. http://www.screambodykit.com/view.php?ID=481
Check out the diffuser look familiar on that car even though its the page about the wing. Anderson's uses carbon post/stanchions that mate like the oem some wings attach to the stanchions with 4 exposed screws. little details like this and keyboard I can track down where this stuff comes from.

And what about carbon doors.. not many people are going to dabble with the doors..
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2a44633d1Yc3Qk

I've talked to CWS but them seem fishy I think there a trade company not the maker of the products I could be wrong but I get that vibe. ( A trade company is a middle man posing as a manufacture prices are a tad higher!)

I know its hard to trust people especially in China but hell this stuff is all made in China If you notice Anderson's sister company is seibon carbon. Which is manufactured or based in china.

I did a lot of business with the Chinese bought 1000s of dollars in Brushless motors, Foam and composite jets, servos, Lipo batteries, and speed controllers. I never got scammed but also I all ways searched for the maker of the items to get the best prices. You have to weed through the middle man a lot to find the actual manufacture. It takes a keen eye to see the difference of a copy made from a copy. anyhow I come to trust 3 makers of carbon if I was going to buy direct and for go the wait!

Racing & Carbon Fiber MFG CO LTD ( SABON CARBON)
sales@racing-cf.com
Instagram: @saboncarbon if you want to check out there work.

Sabon's Wing is pretty impressive just you need there carbon trunk to go with it since the holes will not line up perfectly to the oem holes... they were totally honest up front about this. I believe this is what's happening to the wings that are imported lately the companies that went on line to resale these items just assumed the holes matched and the wing would sit flush. You can get a wing and trunk for the same price as a wing from here. just FYI.. See quote..

I sent my LPE carbon scoop to be made by SAbon and got a hell of a good quote.. The weave on the LPE doesn't match the twill on the car plus I can get some made for people with the Edelbrock.

Supertechnics and screamingbodykits seem pretty reliable as well.

Trufiber should make this wing just, I couldn't give up my wing to copy. It was to expensive to part with.. and was no guarantee to get it back in perfect condition since the winglets would have to be pulled off to make to make the mold.

I think some of these companies are 3D SCANNING the wings vs old school making a mold from the oem part and this is why there are fitment issues.

A little off topic but hopefully it gives you some choices and something to think about.

sounds like you know alot of this stuff which same as me i used to work in the aftermarket aero industry also

seibon anderson composities carbon creations vis all pretty much made overseas we used to own some of the factories that made the products and some of them were super nice some of them were straight up junk but its a huge market and not many players at least in the us
Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 PM   #217
gra359

Quote:
My EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler has been delayed in shipment for the 2nd time. No shipment date at this time. Fedex put it in "Pending"
Old 04-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #218
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
I've been tossing around the idea of putting the AC wing back on the car. It looks a bit better than the next gen wing IMO. I stood behind the car with the AC wing and found that it's about 1.5 - 2 inches longer than the next gen wing on each side. Both look good, but I prefer the looks of AC's wing even though it's cracked in several places.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:48 AM   #219
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
there is an add on fb for sale a zl1 1le style wing made by C7 composites if your in a hurry

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #220
gra359

Quote:
I just received my EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler. The packaging was great, and the paint is Flawless.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2021, 05:42 PM   #221
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Cool let us know how install goes
Old 04-16-2021, 06:46 PM   #222
gra359

Quote:
Cool let us know how install goes
I all ready put it together and test fitted it. It looks great. I'll bolt it on tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #223
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra359 View Post
I all ready put it together and test fitted it. It looks great. I'll bolt it on tomorrow.

How do the side winglets attach to the main wing?
Old 04-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #224
gra359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
How do the side winglets attach to the main wing?
Two sided 3M tape and Epoxy around the edges.