Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-03-2021, 03:29 PM   #43
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Had to do some outlining to show the color parts of the Z28 side skirts. I know he knows what they are.
The real question is; is that rotor head fully articulating? I would say no.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #44
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1LE View Post
So excuse what might be a dumb question on my end, gm maid every z28 rocker black, and then had the sim,red hot,ashen, and white ones painted their respective body color?
Yes there all black when they come out of the mold, then there painted gloss black on the out side, then there painted the color of the car, to mach the rest of the sill, did you think gem was going to spend all that money to have them maid in different colors.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #45
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1LE View Post
What happen to racinss post? It’s gone.
Dan1LE,

I deleted the post when I saw that it had been clarified that the rocker panels were indeed black on the outside with only the inner door sill portion painted. The pictures were finally added that clarified that the rockers were indeed black with only the inside part that does not show on the outside of the car in body color. The pictures included instead of all the back and forth would have clarified the issue but people are quick to jump to insults and escalation when they are behind a keyboard.

2SSRS is not wrong all Z/28 rockers were black and many here including myself would read the post the same way. With clarification instead of insults everybody wins.

A good thread went to crap unnecessarily and after the issue was clarified there was nothing positive my post could contribute so I deleted it. 2SSRS is a very knowledgeable and respected contributor here as are many others possibly including yourself so in the interest of making this forum and thread better let's all take a deep breath and keep this forum a great resource for all.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:10 PM   #46
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013blackgt View Post
Dan, you are 100% correct.

I don't understand people like that either.
Maybe if you posted the part number first, and when you did look what comes up.

from
https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-23179350.html

GM Part No.: 23179350

Molding Asm-Rocker Panel *Service Primer

This is my doing your google work, and its the one that had anything to say a about color.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:48 PM   #47
2013blackgt

Drives: Sedan
GM sold the rockers painted so what ever the primary color of the car is what color GM called that part. How many times does that need to be clarified. lol.

If your(2SSRS) saying that it didn't come from GM Painted, then who painted it? Why were my oem Z/28 body kit painted when I received it after I ordered it from GM...lol

Last edited by 2013blackgt; 04-03-2021 at 10:08 PM.
2013blackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #48
2013blackgt

Drives: Sedan
Actually RaycinSS, You have an all black Z/28 so of course you rocker is all black but your statement about the rocker panels being all black on the outside and only the inner door sill portion is wrong. The top part of the rockers on the outside of the car are indeed painted the primary cooler of the car. You and 2SSRS are basically putting out false and incorrect info. I had a red Z/28 and I bought the entire oem body kit from GM for my Z/28 to have a spare set incase something got messed up. I know how the rockers are on the cars that weren't all black.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:00 PM   #49
Dan1LE

Drives: 15,1ss,1le
I posted a picture 2ssrs showing it came from gm painted sim and black. And it’s on the gm label. Can anyone else provide any other pictures stating the opposite or their point? Not just a gloss black z28 rocker on the floor with no gm labeling.

I’ve personally had two sets of rockers in my possession and both came from gm painted 2 colors, not just “black”. I’m sure you can get them in all black as gm did make the z28 in all black, but that’s not to say they only came painted all black when ordered from gm.

Raycinss. The inner section that is unseen is unpainted/primered, the part you see on the car is black and body colored.

I’ve provided proof, in the pictures. Proof please.
Dan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:22 PM   #50
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Actually RaycinSS, You have an all black Z/28 so of course you rocker is all black but your statement about the rocker panels being all black on the outside and only the inner door sill portion is wrong. The top part of the rockers on the outside of the car are indeed painted the primary cooler of the car. You and 2SSRS are basically putting out false and incorrect info. I had a red Z/28 and I bought the entire oem body kit from GM for my Z/28 to have a spare set incase something got messed up. I know how the rockers are on the cars that weren't all black.
Just for friendly discussion and nothing more. Don't want to be insulted nor do I want to insult anyone else. The way your post looked it looked as if you were stating that your parts were red. While GM may have a sticker on it that says red most who look at the part would consider it black. Roughly 90% of that rocker is black with a very small red accent. When asked by 2SSRS "Help me understand you have Red rockers new in box? Gm made them only in black so how do you have them in red." you immediately replied "Gm did not make an "all" black rocker except for the all black z/28. You can also google them and look at pictures of z/28 rockers for a visual. You must have never had a z/28 that wasn't black or had possession of rockers for a z/28 than wasn't for the all black z/28. Hope that helps 2SSRS." and "
You obviously are no Z/28 parts expert and you don't understand how the Z/28 body kit goes together. lol."

Instead of simply answering his question and stating that the part is actually mainly black but with small red accents you chose to resort to claiming he does not own cars that he does and knows nothing about Z/28 parts or how they go together. This is misinformation also. GM can call it anything they want but most Z/28 owners consider the part to be black. There's a hundred different ways you could have clarified the issue nicely but the appearance was that you weren't interested in making clear that your part was indeed black with red accents you prefer the path of most resistance and the thread just continues to go downhill from there.

Most people consider the car in the picture below to be Black but you would probably call it Red and then insult anyone who sees it as Black.

I guess some folks want to get along and others don't. Such is life.

I look forward to seeing you in more threads and definitely wish you luck selling your parts. Someone here will score some hard to find nice Z/28 goodies!
Attached Images

RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #51
Dan1LE

Drives: 15,1ss,1le
That theory doesn’t quite work though raycinss. Gm made the rockers in multiple colors, why wouldn’t you list them as the primary body color they are. If black is the majority color and they all have the same part black why even say it’s black with some red accent. It seems redundant to even mention it’s black. Red would have been the appropriate way to list it. And then to have a person chime in saying they came only “black” from gm wasn’t helpful. Proof is in the pictures for 2ssrs, not just all “black” from gm.

I still do not understand why 2ssrs chimed in when they’re not here to buy parts, just to flex their knowledge? Even after being proved wrong they’re still chiming in. Pictures speak a thousand words, if 2ssrs is correct post pictures of it.
Dan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:09 AM   #52
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Transaction complete. Just what I need, more car parts! LOL! GT is a real good fellow with lots of knowledge and energy. Seems like the type of guy that you could call on to help swing an engine or yank a gearbox and he'd be there in a heartbeat. All parts were as advertised. I'm real reluctant to purchase items long distance hence my caper to see the parts in person and meet the individual face to face. Unfortunately they won't fit in the Airbus overhead bin so the parts are now stashed at my Dads and I'll ship them to AZ in the coming months. My next item is a complete set of rotors but I've got to save up for that!
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #53
2SSRS@Gen5diy

To prove the point i ordered the part # you listed from GM today there still out there if you know where to look, have a set on order, when there here will see what color they come in if any.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #54
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
So there is no more confusion and incorrect info put out. This attached picture has a gm parts number for the Silver Ice Metallic Rockers that were for the Z/28 of that color. Rocker Panel LH 23179351 Rocker Panel RH 23179350 Silver Ice Metallic 14-15 Camaro Z/28. Also you will notice that there is no mention of black in the description only Silver Ice Metallic but If you look at the picture attached it's mostly black. lol. I did the homework for you and you just learned something about the supposed two Z/28s you own. You don't seem very knowledgeable about the cars you supposedly own or the cars you sell parts for.

Your welcoome, Travis
Update: we ordered the 2 part # you posted and low and behold there is no color on them there all black and no paint at all, so that is how GM sales New ones for your info, any time you and Dan1LE can apologize, for all the fake info you spread, GM does not sell "new in the box" painted rockers for the Z/28 there all in primer, and before you post more info i have the invoice and a 5 min video of us unpacking it so i have the proof you don't.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #55
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Here is the video
Old 04-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #56
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Here is the video