Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #15
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
so has anyone thought about a carbon fiber wrap over the painted instead of dishing out $1000.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #16
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
^Blackzl1Cam is spot on if you're just going for the look, considering the insert is already CF. Just get a high quality wrap and call it done. Unless you are one of those people that worry about what others think about you/your car and just have to have the real CF exposed
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:58 PM   #17
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
Thank you all for the input, I appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #18
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I heard that the ones selected to be clear coated had fewer flaws in them than the ones that were painted. I didn't look to confirm the statement, so it is subject to being incorrect.
Makes sense though.......
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Makes sense to me too!
Old 01-07-2020, 03:59 PM   #20
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
The reason that the exposed carbon insert costs more is the additional care it takes in laying the fiber cloth so the weave pattern stays in a nice and even pattern because everyone will see it.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #21
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Just got my GM ECF hood insert today. Was ordered by dealer Nov 9, so ~60 days. Apparently since my vehicle didn’t come with it, the VIN they used to order (my VIN) placed me in ‘back of line’ status. Sounds like GM was prioritizing orders for direct replacements after strike, versus sales for discretionary buyers.

I happened to drop my car off in the shop while I picked up the part, so I cannot do a comparison. I will say that the CF weave is flawless on the new part. Hard to say if the painted version is any different. You can kind of see for yourself: use a flashlight at different angles and you’ll see the wave texture on the black version in some parts. To me, the cost of removing emblems, sanding, clear-coating, purchasing and installing new emblems wasn’t worth the cost/effort to me. Good luck with whatever you decide.
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #22
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
2 options..

Get the Anderson Zl1 type hood if you want a higher scoop says it fits SS only but, works well on the z11 I assume its the lines in the fascia that don't exactly line up with the hood lines is why its for an SS. A better option than looking for a scoop if your wanting a taller 1.

If you have any skills you can also Skin the insert in carbon.. look up the process on youtube that part would be super easy to do since it smooth and doesn't have a tone of bends.

I soon will be getting rid of all my oem/aftermarket weave carbon and going to Forged carbon like the super cars..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #23
Crawco

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL-1
CF Hood Insert

I just received the Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop GM #84243751 that I ordered Dec 17 to replace the stock black one which came with the car. Next is a CF splitter and rear diffuser.
Attached Images

Crawco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:27 AM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawco View Post
I just received the Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop GM #84243751 that I ordered Dec 17 to replace the stock black one which came with the car. Next is a CF splitter and rear diffuser.
Trufiber has an exact copy of the zl1 1le splitter or Anderson's has there own style. If ya got the 1le copy you need the lower grille insert which isn't a bad thing or you could get the Anderson's lower 1le grille insert.

Rear diffuser Anderson's has aswell.

What ya gonna do about side skirts? Trufiber has covers that go over them ans fit perfectly. No one has side skirts for a zl1 because the tabs and mounting hardware breaks to easy not to mention you have to paint part of the side skirt to match the car.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote