Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 02-18-2022, 10:42 PM   #1
JRBumfuddle

Drives: '12 SS Silver Ice Metallic
CTAP & LNC-2000 wiring options with Line Lock

Hi guys, I'm setting up my M6 car with an LNC-2000 and CTAP for launch control. I already have a line lock, and I use a momentary button to hold for my burnout, and then again at the line to preload the drivetrain at launch. I'd like to use the LNC-2000 for both launch control and no-lift shift. [i.e., leaving LNC-2000 "on" for the entire pass] I see at least a couple of options for the wiring setup.

1. Arm both the LCN-2000 and line lock with a single rocker switch. However, when I push the line lock momentary and prepare to do my burnout I would be rpm limited, correct? That doesn't seem great to get a good burnout, at least to initiate the burn.

or 2. Use a separate toggle switch to arm the LNC-2000 separately. Do my burnout with line lock as usual, then switch the toggle to activate the LNC-2000 to the CTAP for launch control. Use my line lock momentary button to stage and preload drivetrain, release the button and launch. LNC would be active for both launch and subsequent no-lift shifts via the CTAP. I think this gives me what I have in mind, but adds the complexity of another switch.

Anything I am missing here?

Thanks,
JRBumfuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #2
drentlaw1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
I have mine setup as option 2. I have the Hurst line lock and the msd 2step. Wiring was pretty simple. But I only use the 2 step for launch and not no lift shifts. I only drag race one night a month in the summer for the street legal drags haha. Currently have the trans pulled and getting built and upgrading the clutch setup. That’s why you see no shifter in the pictures haha
Attached Images

drentlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
JRBumfuddle

Drives: '12 SS Silver Ice Metallic
Thanks Drentlaw1. How do you shut off the LNC-2000 after launch?
JRBumfuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #4
drentlaw1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBumfuddle View Post
Thanks Drentlaw1. How do you shut off the LNC-2000 after launch?
It’s technically armed the whole pass. I hold the momentary switch by the shifter at the staging lights. It activates the 2step and line lock. When I launch I release the button therefore releasing the line lock and 2step. Technically everything is still “armed “ but unless I hit the momentary switch nothing will activate. I also have a “master” switch that disengages everything so I don’t hit the button with my knee when on the street.
The toggle switch by the headlight switch is just for arming the 2 step.
drentlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:29 PM   #5
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Read the instructions from Lingenfelter and use the CTAP. It works perfect. No lift shifting is no problem. You need to be fast at shifting and with your left foot!!!
So far I've been 10.2 in the 1/4 with a 1.4 60ft @139mph

When you go back to driving the car on the street just raise the RPM on the 2 step before you leave the track.