Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
So basically, what you're saying, is that it's Dan Akerson's fault that your dealership refused to overnight a part and didn't have a loaner car handy?

You're funny.

Sophomoric, but funny.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
My dealer always have gotten parts the next day. Plus the other dealers I have dealt with have gotten the parts the next day. So I think it your dealer is doing some thing wrong. Wow 3 days to find what is wrong with your car.
Since when when is on star a safety issue? It is not a safety issue not to have itit is a feature. If it was a safety issue then all cars would have onstar.
Am I safer driving any car but particularly a manual transmission with or without bluetooth? It's a safety issue.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
CamaroWinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
Am I safer driving any car but particularly a manual transmission with or without bluetooth? It's a safety issue.
Which is why there are a gazillion Bluetooth devices for sale at Best Buy.

Which is why most car manufacturers offer in-car Bluetooth connectivity either as standard equipment, or as an option.

You chose to buy a trim level where said connectivity was optional, correct? So how is it GM's fault that you didn't pay for something they offer?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Now your mad at anyone not siding with you, GET OVER YOUSELF!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
Which is why there are a gazillion Bluetooth devices for sale at Best Buy.

Which is why most car manufacturers offer in-car Bluetooth connectivity either as standard equipment, or as an option.

You chose to buy a trim level where said connectivity was optional, correct? So how is it GM's fault that you didn't pay for something they offer?
Exactly! Most offer it standard or will at least sell it to you as an option. GM will not even sell it to me. I bought the model I could afford and was shocked that they will not sell me the module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Now your mad at anyone not siding with you, GET OVER YOUSELF!
This is almost comical. I'm not mad at anyone but gm however it is annoying when I see ignorant remarks like yours while everyone who disagrees with me just says I'm wrong but provides no rebuttle backed up by facts and logic.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
CamaroWinz

So who did you try and buy this OnStar/Bluetooth setup from, specifically? Did you attempt to order it through your dealer? What was the response? What was the reason for any refusal to sell it?

Have other LS owners been able to successfully retrofit this component? Does the dealer provide the retrofit as a service?

In your little mini-hysteria you have failed to provide a considerable amount of information and have left too many questions unanswered.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I.....don't hate anything about GM.

They're an enormous company, and I know better than to expect absolute perfection out of that. We are all human, and despite our best efforts, mistakes ALWAYS happen at times. Furthermore...I don't expect special treatment. I was in sales long enough to become disenchanted with the "entitled" customers that came waltzing into our store...and I never want to become like that. Just....take care of me, and I'll be happy.

In my experiences with the local dealerships, they've always done their best to satisfy my needs, specifically service. There was only ONE instance where I wanted to backhand the service rep....but the issue was resolved after a few choice words and GM's intercession. I moved onto another dealer after that...been happy ever since.

Plus, in many conversations/interactions with members of the Camaro team I've had...experiences and observations of Chevy's participation and support of this Camaro enthusiast community at-large, (not just Camaro5)...I am 100% convinced they DO care about their customers...both before, during, and after ownership. But I realize we are each a product of our experiences.

Have I had issues over the years? Of course. But like I said above, perfection is unattainable, and I get that. I'm not going to hold the petty things that went wrong against them. In fact, compared to all the good things I LIKE about GM...my issues appear incredibly petty by comparison.

I suppose most of what you posted was just a venting rant...but I don't agree with what you've said.

FWIW...

EDIT: Oh, and I've moved the thread to the general auto section since this has very little to do with the Camaro, specifically....
Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe I'm a little jaded about dealerships in general...lol...If I can avoid going there I will, if for no other reason than I know they have to deal with the general public, who have no clue about cars, maintenance, repairs and demand to be treated like kings!...Any other business would throw half the people out and tell them never to come back.

I am not saying the op was like that at all and sounds like he has a legitamate gripe,
but, not necessarily in their defense, but I'm sure dealerships can please some people all the time, but not all the customers will be pleased all of the time...lol

I look at it like the fair marketplace, you can take your business elsewhere, if it's justified. I'm sure some dealerships have some bad apples, but they probably won't last long. Not sure what my point is, other than that sometimes we do have to rely on the dealerships for service or whatever, but its all part of the game. What's done is done. Even though they may have not done their best with the op, not much to be gained from aggravating them more at this point.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
Exactly! Most offer it standard or will at least sell it to you as an option. GM will not even sell it to me. I bought the model I could afford and was shocked that they will not sell me the module.

This is almost comical. I'm not mad at anyone but gm however it is annoying when I see ignorant remarks like yours while everyone who disagrees with me just says I'm wrong but provides no rebuttle backed up by facts and logic.
Reread your post #14. And you call my comment laughable and ignorant, I and others have said your dealer is the problem yet you call us Homers (whatever that means). You are blinded by your own ignorance. Don't bother to comment on this as I won't return to this your useless thread.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
As far as blaming "GM" for whatever, its always been a mystery to me as to how dealerships fit in the picture...lol...I was amazed how with a little research, when I visited some lots, I knew more about the cars than the salesmen did! They were astoundingly clueless...I always thought GM could sell more cars, if customers didn't have to deal with salesman!..lol

And I think it's this "salesman" experience that gives dealerships a bad rap right from the start...Then, when you go back for service, in your mind you almost expect the same sort of thing...just sayin...
Closed Thread