#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
things I hate about gm!

I just had my car in the shop for three days and it still isn't fix becuase gm refused to overnight the part I needed; see my other post about my transmission making a noise for the details. The dealer did put me in a rental car for those three days, wed to fri, but I've already been put out and will have to be put out again cuz gm doesn't care about its customers. To get my car there I have to leave work to get to the dealer by 7am to drop it off and by the time I get back I've miss at least 30 mins of work and of course I had to go through the process of getting a car from enterprise and then returning it which all takes time. Now I'll have to do it again despite the fact that they already had my car for three days. It is really annoying that I'm going to have to leave work again to drop my car off all becuase gm won't overnight the part I need for a defect they put in my car! Hopefully once the part arrives I can get it in and out in a day but who knows I might be without my car again for who knows how long and then have to waste time jacking with a rental. I will give credit to the dealer, mccarthy chevy in olahte ks, as they have been very friendly and applogetic about the whole ordeal and they seem annoyed as well that gm won't take care of me.

I've already been of the mind that gm doesn't give a crap about its customers. First they have a reputation of manufactering cars to fail which in no small part led to them needing the bail out and even now they just don't have a good reputation for customer service. I've seen some good customer service at the dealer level but it seems like anything to do with gm leaves you wanting. Like the fact that they refuse to sell me an onstar module with bluetooth since I have an ls. This is more than just a luxery but a saftey feature and yet they refuse to sell me this part for my car with a manual transmission. That screams we don't care about our customers. Hell they probably just see it as an opportunity to upsell to a model with bluetooth if I wreck. I have never owned anything but a gm vehicle, this camaro being my 8th, but gm is really making me feel like an abused spouse who just can't escape the crutches of their abuser.

Anyways I just wanted to bittttch but feel free to post your own "what I hate about gm". I know we have gm customer service ppl onsite and I hear that gm monitors this site so maybe some of our complaints will get the ppl who don't care about us fired.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Could be worse!...lol...At least they know how to fix it, etc...I don't know why dealers just can't inventory more parts in the first place!....

We are ..."...Only a pawn in the game of life..."
Mongo
Old 05-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
To GM you're less than a drop in the ocean, sorry to say. Hope it works out.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
If there's one thing I hate more than the v6 versus v8 threads, it's threads like these.

As usual, someone who doesn't understand the difference between "General Motors" and the "dealership." Your dealership is simply using General Motors as the scapegoat just because they're not going above and beyond to make your life easier.

Every single complaint in your post is a complaint with your dealership, not General Motors.

You're upset because your dealership was willing to get you a rental car, but it wasn't convenient enough for you. If your dealership was competent, they would have had a loaner vehicle on site at the dealership such that once you drop your vehicle off you would be able to sign some liability paperwork and then leave with one of the dealership's loaner vehicles. My wife's dealership has loaner vehicles and if they know they're keeping the car for a few days, they simply issue one of their loaner vehicles to the customer. They sign a few papers and off the customer drives with the loaner vehicle. Pretty simple and painless.

Furthermore, practically any part that the dealership doesn't have in stock can be overnighted. I know that when I custom order parts from my wife's dealership that I always have gotten the part overnight. Most of the parts come overnight standard, not even as a special order. Again, I bet your dealership screwed something up on getting the part in - either didn't specify overnight or the order got misplaced and now they're blaming GM.

Lastly - who is refusing to "sell you an OnStar module with bluetooth"? Your dealership. Not GM. If you want to buy something, you go into the dealership and tell them you want a part, give them the part number, and they order it. Simple. They might as for a VIN, but it won't stop them from ordering it.

I understand you're frustrated with the situation you're in, but creating a thread (in your own words) to bitch about General Motors isn't the right way to get your situation resolved. You know GM Customer Service is on the site, and it's not hard to find them. You could have sent a private message to Jeff and talked to him about it. Instead, you're blasting the company that this site is based on. What do you expect to gain?

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 05-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Look, my car have been through HELL and it's been slightly less than 1 year since I've owned it. The first month that I owned it, it was in the shop for half the month. Every single time they say that they don't have the parts in stock and that they have to get it shipped in. I feel your frustration. Give it some time. My car was problem free after the first few times in the shops....now stuff are coming up again just last week. Wonder what's going on now. At least I'm pretty close to being able to exercise CA lemon law.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
If there's one thing I hate more than the v6 versus v8 threads, it's threads like these.

As usual, someone who doesn't understand the difference between "General Motors" and the "dealership." Your dealership is simply using General Motors as the scapegoat just because they're not going above and beyond to make your life easier.

Every single complaint in your post is a complaint with your dealership, not General Motors.

You're upset because your dealership was willing to get you a rental car, but it wasn't convenient enough for you. If your dealership was competent, they would have had a loaner vehicle on site at the dealership such that once you drop your vehicle off you would be able to sign some liability paperwork and then leave with one of the dealership's loaner vehicles. My wife's dealership has loaner vehicles and if they know they're keeping the car for a few days, they simply issue one of their loaner vehicles to the customer. They sign a few papers and off the customer drives with the loaner vehicle. Pretty simple and painless.

Furthermore, practically any part that the dealership doesn't have in stock can be overnighted. I know that when I custom order parts from my wife's dealership that I always have gotten the part overnight. Most of the parts come overnight standard, not even as a special order. Again, I bet your dealership screwed something up on getting the part in - either didn't specify overnight or the order got misplaced and now they're blaming GM.

Lastly - who is refusing to "sell you an OnStar module with bluetooth"? Your dealership. Not GM. If you want to buy something, you go into the dealership and tell them you want a part, give them the part number, and they order it. Simple. They might as for a VIN, but it won't stop them from ordering it.

I understand you're frustrated with the situation you're in, but creating a thread (in your own words) to bitch about General Motors isn't the right way to get your situation resolved. You know GM Customer Service is on the site, and it's not hard to find them. You could have sent a private message to Jeff and talked to him about it. Instead, you're blasting the company that this site is based on. What do you expect to gain?
The rental car, vs having a loaner on site, is an annoyance but not a big deal. My main issue is that I have already dropped my car off twice for this same issue and now becuase the part was not overnighted I will be put out a third time. And it is a big hassel for me to get to work at 6am then leave at 7am to drop my car off. The service dept has a dedicated team of appointment setters or customer service reps, whatever you want to call them, and the guy I have been working with said he put in a request for the part to be overnighted on wed but it wasn't so he put it in again on thu and after doing some follow up on why it wouldn't be overnighted he said gm would not do it that it would be shipped normally taking several days. It makes sense to me that gm is the responsible party because they are the one on the hook for the warranty not the dealer. So I'm taking him at face value and he has been very accomodating so I have no reason not to. I am not in the car business so I could be wrong but what I do know is that someone doesn't care that I already was without my car for three days and will be put out a third time. Even if I'm wrong about the logistics it still falls back on gm for selling me a car with a defective part, actually two defective parts cuz they put on a new clutch pedal too, and then having them or their representative, the dealer, leave me hanging. One of the things that sets the japanese car makers apart from gm and other american car makers is their high tolerence for variation which leads to defects, that has and apparently is still a problem with gm.

Furthermore gm has an attitude towards customer service that is lacking. The onstar module will not be sold to me by GM. It is a replace item only so if your model is not sold with it, like my LS, then they will not help you. I called gm and onstar myself to varify this and there are other threads about this on here. It does not matter that his is a safety issue, they value upselling more than customer saftey.

I have nothing bad to say about the Chevy customer service rep on this site. He seems to do nothing but his best to help ppl but he can only do so much. What was he going to do to help me in this situation? What's done is done so I'm venting my disapproval here. Like I said before I have never driven anything but a gm vehicle but becuase of the terrible leadership at GM that may not always be the case. I am embarassed at what the brass at GM has done to what was once a great name in the car business. They drove this company's stock to junk bond status which is deplorable for a company that once had a giant competitive advantage of customer loyalty. They did one thing well in bringing the camaro back and making it look outstanding but they continue to push my buttons.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
There are so many stunning inaccuracies in that post, I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start with this - "I am embarassed at what the brass at GM has done to what was once a great name in the car business."

These are the words of a man who has neither owned nor driven a 60s or 70s GM product.

The above poster is correct. You're having a bad dealership experience. My suggestion is to find another dealership.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
There are so many stunning inaccuracies in that post, I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start with this - "I am embarassed at what the brass at GM has done to what was once a great name in the car business."

These are the words of a man who has neither owned nor driven a 60s or 70s GM product.

The above poster is correct. You're having a bad dealership experience. My suggestion is to find another dealership.
Absolutely!!!

To the OP, you're obviously venting, and in a setting like this a BIG not cool! You're mad at GM when your dealership has taken 3 attempts to figure out your problem? Then you proceed to ask others to vent as well.

Dude you need to stop now. Close this thread!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
I remember a Chrysler commercial...

I remember that it was about... 35 or so years ago, maybe a little more. I seem to recall that the car being advertised was a Cordoba, but I could be hazy on that one.

What I remember for certain was that the commercial consisted of a ball bearing being rolled down the right-side hood seam, where it met the fender.

The point was, the ball bearing rolled down the seam, from top to bottom, without stopping or falling off. Because, as the narrator said, the build quality on this car was SO EXACT that the gap between the hood and the fender was the same, all the way down.

Seriously. Back then, this was a big deal.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post

I don't understand threads like these...

My dealership is incompetent, better go to an online forum dedicated to Camaro enthusiasts and bash the company that made it all possible.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
GM will overnight any part for warranty if needed, it is the dealer that did not want to do it, they would be reimbursed. If it was past their order cutoff time, then it would be a additional day.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
The rental car, vs having a loaner on site, is an annoyance but not a big deal. My main issue is that I have already dropped my car off twice for this same issue and now becuase the part was not overnighted I will be put out a third time. And it is a big hassel for me to get to work at 6am then leave at 7am to drop my car off. The service dept has a dedicated team of appointment setters or customer service reps, whatever you want to call them, and the guy I have been working with said he put in a request for the part to be overnighted on wed but it wasn't so he put it in again on thu and after doing some follow up on why it wouldn't be overnighted he said gm would not do it that it would be shipped normally taking several days. It makes sense to me that gm is the responsible party because they are the one on the hook for the warranty not the dealer. So I'm taking him at face value and he has been very accomodating so I have no reason not to. I am not in the car business so I could be wrong but what I do know is that someone doesn't care that I already was without my car for three days and will be put out a third time. Even if I'm wrong about the logistics it still falls back on gm for selling me a car with a defective part, actually two defective parts cuz they put on a new clutch pedal too, and then having them or their representative, the dealer, leave me hanging. One of the things that sets the japanese car makers apart from gm and other american car makers is their high tolerence for variation which leads to defects, that has and apparently is still a problem with gm.

Furthermore gm has an attitude towards customer service that is lacking. The onstar module will not be sold to me by GM. It is a replace item only so if your model is not sold with it, like my LS, then they will not help you. I called gm and onstar myself to varify this and there are other threads about this on here. It does not matter that his is a safety issue, they value upselling more than customer saftey.

I have nothing bad to say about the Chevy customer service rep on this site. He seems to do nothing but his best to help ppl but he can only do so much. What was he going to do to help me in this situation? What's done is done so I'm venting my disapproval here. Like I said before I have never driven anything but a gm vehicle but becuase of the terrible leadership at GM that may not always be the case. I am embarassed at what the brass at GM has done to what was once a great name in the car business. They drove this company's stock to junk bond status which is deplorable for a company that once had a giant competitive advantage of customer loyalty. They did one thing well in bringing the camaro back and making it look outstanding but they continue to push my buttons.
My dealer always have gotten parts the next day. Plus the other dealers I have dealt with have gotten the parts the next day. So I think it your dealer is doing some thing wrong. Wow 3 days to find what is wrong with your car.
Since when when is on star a safety issue? It is not a safety issue not to have itit is a feature. If it was a safety issue then all cars would have onstar.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Ucantctchme

Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
I'd hate to see how you will handle "real" problems. Call customer assistance. WE can't help YOU. This reminds me of my younger years when I used to think everything was "the end of the world". I hope your car gets fixed.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post

I'll stand by what I said and I see no rebuttle what so ever. Here is a quote from an article that dates back to 2005 about GM's credit rating being downgraded to junk bond status. "The downgrade to non-investment-grade reflects our conclusion that management's strategies may be ineffective in addressing GM's competitive disadvantages". That is a nice way of saying that management sucks. It used to be GM and then everybody else but they have hemorraged market share due to their failures over the last few decades.

Yeah I'm very annoyed by being put out but even if you can prove that it was not gm's fault, which nobody has made one single point to the contrary, then it still comes back to gm for selling a car with defects and allowing their representatives to not take care of a customer. I think you guys are a bunch of homers but the facts are the facts. I like gm cars but I'm not going to pretend that gm's management is or has been good. My situation is just a microcosm of why gm is where they are.
Closed Thread