Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #15
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I friking love this car and look forward to driving everyday! You're trippin' man.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:45 PM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I enjoy my ZL1 every time I drive it!! You think your SS needs to be flogged all the time well what if you had a ZL1? My advice is to to enjoy your SS at any speed and don’t think you have to drive the crap out of it! Kick back in the seat and enjoy the drive!!��
Old 10-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #17
DEDEDE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I enjoy my ZL1 every time I drive it!! You think your SS needs to be flogged all the time well what if you had a ZL1? My advice is to to enjoy your SS at any speed and don’t think you have to drive the crap out of it! Kick back in the seat and enjoy the drive!!��
I get it. Nothing comes close for the price. I won't be changing cars anytime soon. But have you ever noticed how the car "shrinks" as the speed increases? You're car would be too much for me.
DEDEDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #18
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
My 19 ss is the best car I ever owned, fun to drive at any speed, great speed handling and brakes,
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #19
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I somewhat agree that the car has a 'split' personality. Now, I kind of like the lack of drama when I'm not in a spirited mood. I think that is part of the real engineering genius of this car. It only takes a quick downshift and blip of the throttle to achieve 'fun' status.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #20
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
I get what he's saying, I have a weekly routine where I have to go into the eclectic part of town, a 2.4 mile drive that takes 20-25 minutes. I would make better time one a bicycle, and I have been beaten by one too, hell I watched a jogger stay further ahead of me for about a mile today. Now on those days, I sometimes opt out of driving the Z, the roads are densely filled and with horrible visibility for business' driveways and lots of foot traffic so a smaller vehicle fits the bill better already. Not that I don't enjoy it, I just feel so bad for her never getting above 2k rpms unless I am in manual mode and just leave it in 1st and 2nd. I feel like she is mad at me when I arrive, telling me 'Why would you do this to me, you tease me with the gasoline.'

However, I still love her on city streets and normal driving. Sure it's nothing like the track, strip and etc, nothing ever will be. Even if it is just a couple of seconds to 30 or 45 it never stops being a hoot to be so far ahead while the cars next to you are still starting their motors, I hope auto start/stop technology is never mandated and always able to be defeated. For me it is still such a great feeling whether leading the pack or finding your way through it.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #21
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Use the paddles

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #22
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
I look forward to every drive in my Camaro. It’s not a daily driver though, so each trip in it is special. I even make up excuses to drive it! Please give an example of a car that is “fun to drive even if you’re just tooling around.” Just accelerating from a stop sign at a moderate throttle is fun in my SS! The engine sound alone is music to my ears.
+1 with the top down!
Old 10-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #23
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I somewhat agree that the car has a 'split' personality. Now, I kind of like the lack of drama when I'm not in a spirited mood. I think that is part of the real engineering genius of this car. It only takes a quick downshift and blip of the throttle to achieve 'fun' status.
Amen. That’s why I named her SSybil! I love all of her personalities.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #24
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDEDE View Post
I knew I'd get flamed. A Camry is ALWAYS boring. An SS feels dead when it's driven slow. The SS is magic when you wind it out.
Have you done any work to the car? A great exhaust can make a cruise more rewarding, for example. I find myself downshifting just to hear it! The Whipple made it MUCH more entertaining to drive! But in all seriousness, sometimes a few mods can personalize a car to your tastes, making it more fun to own. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #25
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
I was just going to suggest an exhaust. Couldn’t agree more.
The stock tank muffler is just too quiet especially during the boring driving times.
Exhaust really amps up the enjoyment. But then so does putting the top down.
Yes - convertible helps a lot in this area !!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #26
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Sounds like you need more on/off ramps in your life.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #27
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I absolutely LOVE my SS 1LE, but I do get where you are coming from. The car driven in traffic and slowly feels a bit heavy and bulky.

My last two previous cars were an M3 and Audi TTRS and those felt way fun , especially the TTRS in city driving. NEITHER of them though can match the SS 1LE when you start hustling. The beauty of the Camaro (especially in 1LE trim) is 120 feels the same as 60 and is so composed while doing it.

I will agree with some of the others though, an exhaust system makes city/traffic driving more fun. I have the Cosra cat-back and it pops and burbles and that is so much fun in traffic.

Another entertaining thing about it is other cars hear it and even in traffic try to keep up or pass me and speed thru traffic, while I just cruise and go with the flow of traffic, rowing the gears up and down (with rev matching on) and excel/decel. It's really fun to see how people react to it. Some get offended and others scared and give you space, it's quite entertaining.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #28
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Interesting topic. I have a 700 hp 2000 Camaro SS that is my summer toy. Because the car is so radical it is just no fun unless driving aggressive. For my daily I wanted something that looked fast and cool, but was cheap on gas, to insure, and something I didn't feel the need to drive hard just so I could enjoy it. So my 2018 V6 Camaro fits the bill perfectly for that
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote