Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #911
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Do we know this for fact ? , Can you post a link. You say that the 19 will not be much different from the 18 with such authority. there are several of us who are shopping for cars right now and I would hate to buy a 18 and a nice refresh happens in 19. Do you know what you’re talking about or are you guessing with my money?
Wow, talk about over exagerating! Was a question. "Why wait...?" Is a question. I could care less what you do with your money. Set it on fire if you like. Makes no difference to me.

From what I've seen on here and read about in various places including GM Authority, the 2019 refresh appears to be simple front and rear fascia updates and a changes to the model lineup including a cheaper base model.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #912
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

A fresh new color is enough for me to wait all by itself. New rear end, maybe some carbon ceramic brakes, mylink system upgrades. ...and more time to re-calibrate for some of the bog issues. And yes there will be a new model maybe in 2020 or at some point so a 2019 will be a better trade up.

^^^This... no reason not to wait and find out for sure what's up. NY is only days away.
Fair enough, especially if you have money to burn by trading up each year, hence the question.

I keep my cars for several years despite little upgrades that come out. I try to wait for the middle of the new generations to let the bugs get worked out and to hopefully get some rebates.

Agree, i would at least wait to see what's coming for 2019. If nothing major, probably lots of 2018s still out there with big discounts.

Cheers!

Last edited by Cgocifer; 03-26-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #913
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Do we know this for fact ? , Can you post a link. You say that the 19 will not be much different from the 18 with such authority. there are several of us who are shopping for cars right now and I would hate to buy a 18 and a nice refresh happens in 19. Do you know what you’re talking about or are you guessing with my money?
If you'd base a buying decision on ONE random internet post then YOU sir are guessing with your own money. Try looking into it a little more before getting defensive. Ever been to GM authority? Plenty of info on the 2019 refresh and he is right, the refresh is going to be minimal changes...
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #914
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I will admit, a cool new color would make me kick myself in the butt for not waiting. No other foreseeable refresh option would though. (unless they A10 the I4)..

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #915
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm going to be switching to a vehicle with the 10 speed auto, and depending on what the deal is with the refreshed camaro, I may be going to the mustang. If changes are minimal, the mustang will have a lot of features I'd like to have, including the digital dash, direct and port injection since I plan on going boost, they're making similar or better power FBO, actual A/C seats vs the ventilated in ours which leave a lot to be desired, have drag mode programming for the magnetic ride suspension as well as line lock for GT model. Only thing I don't really like is that I think the camaro looks better, has the option to have heated and vented recaros (mustang only offers recaros with manual adjustment and no heated or cooled option), and I believe the MyLink system is better than the SYNC system. Dealers near me are already discounting these 2018 mustangs $6500-$8000, and it seems to be the better platform for what I plan on doing which is boosting it and drag racing it. So, I hope they do make some nice updates on the camaro and hope it's enough to keep me with Chevy

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
ModdedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #916
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedSS View Post
I'm going to be switching to a vehicle with the 10 speed auto, and depending on what the deal is with the refreshed camaro, I may be going to the mustang. If changes are minimal, the mustang will have a lot of features I'd like to have, including the digital dash, direct and port injection since I plan on going boost, they're making similar or better power FBO, actual A/C seats vs the ventilated in ours which leave a lot to be desired, have drag mode programming for the magnetic ride suspension as well as line lock for GT model. Only thing I don't really like is that I think the camaro looks better, has the option to have heated and vented recaros (mustang only offers recaros with manual adjustment and no heated or cooled option), and I believe the MyLink system is better than the SYNC system. Dealers near me are already discounting these 2018 mustangs $6500-$8000, and it seems to be the better platform for what I plan on doing which is boosting it and drag racing it. So, I hope they do make some nice updates on the camaro and hope it's enough to keep me with Chevy
I actually went the other direction. I was set on the new mustang, particularly the Performance Pack 2, but once the details came out and I compared cost, performance, features, the SS 1LE won hands down. I even joined the MCA for the rebate you get from membership. Oops, lol. I still like the Mustangs, but there are a ton of them on the streets and the PP2 was a disappointment especially considering that the package costs about the same as the 1LE package but lacks some serious features of the 1LE like the extra coolers, E dif, etc. and overall the mustang is more expensive now.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #917
ModdedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I actually went the other direction. I was set on the new mustang, particularly the Performance Pack 2, but once the details came out and I compared cost, performance, features, the SS 1LE won hands down. I even joined the MCA for the rebate you get from membership. Oops, lol. I still like the Mustangs, but there are a ton of them on the streets and the PP2 was a disappointment especially considering that the package costs about the same as the 1LE package but lacks some serious features of the 1LE like the extra coolers, E dif, etc. and overall the mustang is more expensive now.
You're right. The price hike did not help the mustang at all, however, with me only wanting a performance pack 1 with the goal of boosting and drag racing, the mustang is going to be the better car. Dealers throwing out big discounts already on them certainly helps too. And if chevy adds things like the digital dash, and port injection the price will continue to go up on the camaro as well. While the camaro should keep the same pricing or lower than what it has now, I have a feeling it's going up like the mustang did.

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
Old 03-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #918
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Wow, talk about over exagerating! Was a question. "Why wait...?" Is a question. I could care less what you do with your money. Set it on fire if you like. Makes no difference to me.

From what I've seen on here and read about in various places including GM Authority, the 2019 refresh appears to be simple front and rear fascia updates and a changes to the model lineup including a cheaper base model.
Got it , you don’t know anything. And it was my fault for being stupid enough to think that somebody on the Internet might know what there talking about.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #919
SSlayer

Drives: 16 Camaro ss
Quote:
Got it , you don’t know anything. And it was my fault for being stupid enough to think that somebody on the Internet might know what there talking about.
Pretty obvious he knows more than you about the refresh. People who know what is going to happen with the refresh are barred from posting about it online you fn moron.
SSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #920
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Old 03-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #921
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
There can't really be more than front and rear clip design changes. That would require significant investment from GM on redesign of the chassis and after 3 model years very few companies do that. In all the spy photos it's very clear the body/chassis and interior are not changed.

Now, features will probably be added (radar cruise/automatic braking, PDR on more trims, some other features/options), and engine output will probably be tweaked, but the basic design from 2016 will cary on.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #922
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedSS View Post
You're right. The price hike did not help the mustang at all, however, with me only wanting a performance pack 1 with the goal of boosting and drag racing, the mustang is going to be the better car. Dealers throwing out big discounts already on them certainly helps too. And if chevy adds things like the digital dash, and port injection the price will continue to go up on the camaro as well. While the camaro should keep the same pricing or lower than what it has now, I have a feeling it's going up like the mustang did.
I agree except I don't think the price will go up much st all due to Chevys ability to platform share with other vehicles using the Alpha and the engines. Ford is kinda stuck because the Mustang platform is unique to the mustang as is the engine. Any significant changes costs them more to develop and implement. I read that somewhere, but what do I know, I'm just a dude on the internet... lol hahaha.

I do think that Chevy will have a wider variety of packages and even a lower cost SS option perhaps according to the articles and speculation out there.

Another thing to consider is cost of mods for the mustang. May be much more cost to get HP increases from that fairly complex Coyote.

Either way, you really can't go wrong with either the mustang or camaro.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #923
Cgocifer

Quote:
Do some research... I have access to the same materials that you do. GM Authority has been fairly accurate in their predictions as well as other auto enthusiast places of info like road and track, Automobike magazine, etc.

Take a chill pill, not that big of a deal. As soon as they release info on the 2019 updates, I'm sure you can make a decision on how you want to spend your money as you are the only one who should decide how to spend your money. Maybe spend less time caring what people on the internet think.

Again, my post that got you all excited was a question (which was calmly answered by another poster bybthe way) not a demand.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #924
ModdedSS

I'm looking at costs to make 800ish whp though. That's easier to do and cheaper to do on the mustang tbh.

Quote:
I agree except I don't think the price will go up much st all due to Chevys ability to platform share with other vehicles using the Alpha and the engines. Ford is kinda stuck because the Mustang platform is unique to the mustang as is the engine. Any significant changes costs them more to develop and implement. I read that somewhere, but what do I know, I'm just a dude on the internet... lol hahaha.

I do think that Chevy will have a wider variety of packages and even a lower cost SS option perhaps according to the articles and speculation out there.

Another thing to consider is cost of mods for the mustang. May be much more cost to get HP increases from that fairly complex Coyote.

Either way, you really can't go wrong with either the mustang or camaro.