Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
NGC660

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Anyone running coil overs with air cups?

I like the idea of being bagged, having the ability to adjust height on the fly. And I have to say, short but wide cars like our camaros look pretty good slammed to the ground when stopped. But I don't think from a performance aspect bags are a good idea. But at the same time I feel like if I went with coil overs I would be scraping all the time in my area. I live in a small city in New England with pretty terrible roads. I came across these things called air cups which are pretty much Pistons that act as a spacer on coilovers and can be adjusted to lift a car over obstacles like speed bumps or save from hazards caused by crappy road syndrome. When not engaged the car sits at whatever height he coilover is set to and the cups have no affect. Has anyone ever ran these? And is it worth it? Like I said I want to lower my car but don't want to lose the performance benefits.
BMR Suspension
Tuned by Slowhawk Performance
Sold 07/01/19
NGC660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
14_SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
check out air lift performance struts. complete air suspension and good for handling as well. Air suspension has evolved from when it first came out.
14_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
chase@ridetech

Drives: 09 GMC Yukon Denali
I have not used the air cups but with coilovers you are already limited to short springs for clearance reasons and when you put something additional on the spring mount such as the air cup it further limits the spring length.

We have had great performance results with our complete air suspensions.

here are some to take a look at:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/muscle...ures_hash=V359
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote