Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2023, 07:18 PM   #1
CCutaia1

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Bose System Worst Ever

Hi, the wife's new 2023 Camaro Convertible has the Bose system in it. The unit has the worst bass I have ever encountered in any sound system. It has buzzy bass, not clean and crisp bass. I turn the bass down on the head unit to get rid of the buzziness and by then I am down to -9 and the rest of the bass is gone. Has anyone else had this problem???

Last edited by CCutaia1; 09-05-2023 at 04:36 AM.
CCutaia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 07:31 PM   #2
Chris Durant

Drives: 2023 Vivid Orange Camaro 1LT
Ours sounds fine with the base on -4, Still bass but not too much of the boom boom
Chris Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 08:08 PM   #3
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Not a fan of the Bose system at all. Worst stock system I’ve owned in a long time. Thank goodness my exhaust sounds great so I just listen to that instead lol.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:18 PM   #4
Chris Durant

Its not the greatest system Ive ever had but it is also not thousands of dollars like some of the better ones. For the cost it is an ok system when tuned well.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:31 PM   #5
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
I have the 2023 2LT Convertible with Bose as well. Coming from a Ford SUV with Sony premium sound, and Jeep SUVs with Alpine premium sound, the Bose in the convertible is pretty bad... I'd say much worse than the systems I was used to before.

I have my bass set at -5 most of the time, and I got rid of the buzzy bass sound you're referring to, while maintaining some decent bass and overall sound. It's passable, but not nearly as impressive or exhilarating as the other systems I mentioned.

I also noticed that the source you listen to plays a part in the final sound. I am listening to the highest-quality MP3 files, which I can't distinguish between those and actual CD tracks. If your wife is listening to satellite radio, that's part of the problem.
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 09:43 PM   #6
CCutaia1

Has anyone found a way to fix this crapy Bose System????
Old 09-04-2023, 10:28 PM   #7
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
I can't remember if this is correct or not but I thought I heard the convertibles were missing a speaker (perhaps subwoofer) to make room for the top? Is that correct? It may explain the lack of bass...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:36 PM   #8
CCutaia1

I don't have a lack of bass I have way too much buzzy base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I can't remember if this is correct or not but I thought I heard the convertibles were missing a speaker (perhaps subwoofer) to make room for the top? Is that correct? It may explain the lack of bass...

Last edited by CCutaia1; 09-05-2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:37 PM   #9
CCutaia1

What controls the bass, the Bose amp, or the head unit?

Last edited by CCutaia1; 09-05-2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 05:37 AM   #10
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCutaia1 View Post
What controls the bass, the Bose amp, or the head unit?
Oh you want to dive down into the stereo modification rabbit hole! If you find any simple adjustments or mods (replacements, additions, settings) that make the stereo sound better, please post here in your thread. I gave up on that and just accepted that this car interior doesn't have a great space for entertaining audio. Years down the road when I have a new vehicle, I'll probably look back and say "I love that Camaro, but the stereo stunk like poo!"
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 06:28 AM   #11
BSRacing

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Yep! To be specific, the convertibles are missing the two back "top" speakers that are on the rear deck where the top folds in instead. The coupe has these right under the rear window next to the trunk. Therefore the convertibles have 7 instead of 9 speakers.

I don't believe any of the 6th gen Camaro's have a subwoofer, I don't think? But maybe someone else knows more on that part.
BSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 08:46 AM   #12
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Hmm I have the premium Bose system and with a little tweaking it sounds pretty good.

I move the sound towards the back 2 clicks, then I think I have the EQ set to +4 +3 +6. It's not the greatest by any means, but its far better than standard settings. If you're setting the EQ in the negatives, I'm sure it sounds like crap.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:10 AM   #13
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I had a good laugh when reading the Title … Bose in the convertible is definitely not the worst sound system ever. That would be the non Bose sound system in the convertible. At least you can hear the crappy sound. The non Bose is so underpowered, you can barely make out anything with the windows down, on the highway.

If you want to improve the sound, you’re going to have to spend some $. There a few good threads specifically on the convertible.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:31 AM   #14
Chris Durant

Once again there are much much worse systems around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Hmm I have the premium Bose system and with a little tweaking it sounds pretty good.

I move the sound towards the back 2 clicks, then I think I have the EQ set to +4 +3 +6. It's not the greatest by any means, but its far better than standard settings. If you're setting the EQ in the negatives, I'm sure it sounds like crap.
As you say its not that bad and a lot better than the stock system. I have had a few Harmon and Bose Systems in various cars, my sons Mazda 3 has an amazing system in it from Bose as well. I will say I am not sure how you do plus 4 on the bass though, that must be some big boom, or did you mean minus 4 ? All in all for the money it can be adusted to sound enjoyable overall.