Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #1
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Excellent online coaching resource!

My buddy has just used these guys to help him out and shared their analysis of his vid with me. It was excellent!

Www.racers360.com is staffed by some of the top pros driving for top pro series (IMSA, LeMans, etc). These guys (and one gal) are top shelf pro telent. It doesn't get any better than this imo and i am sharing this info as an excellent and very affordable means of improving our skill as drivers. Or finding this extra second at our fave track.

For $99 bucks they will send you their analysis of your vid plus have a tel chat with ya. That's a bargain! They also provide other online and in person services.

Note they have a free content (located in Blog section) including an SS 1LE in action

All in all, an excellent resource for all of us Camaro track rats, regardless of our experience and location! I will absoluetly use them myself to further refine my own driving (in RL as well as on iRacing).

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Nice! Thanks!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Nice! Thanks!
Ya that's one hell of a find! Wish i could post my buddy's vid here as an example of their work. But here's one from their free content regarding VISION (most important skill imo) based on an actual race lap at Sebring:

WHERE TO LOOK ON THE RACE TRACK:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrE...Cpl0mvEYNjJMqw
Old 04-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ya that's one hell of a find! Wish i could post my buddy's vid here as an example of their work. But here's one from their free content regarding VISION (most important skill imo) based on an actual race lap at Sebring:

WHERE TO LOOK ON THE RACE TRACK:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrE...Cpl0mvEYNjJMqw
Awesome video link! Thanks TrackClub!!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Awesome video link! Thanks TrackClub!!
My pleasure And yep it is a good one indeed.
I have zero ties to this biz but given it costs less than an oil change for a top shelf pro to provide specific advice...it is an amazing service!
Old 04-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #6
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
Also, follow them on FB if you're on. Dion recently posted a video from VIR with their coaching comments for T1 and Oak Tree, and regular discussions and suggestions on carrying more corner speed, trail braking, etc.

For the racer's in the crowd it may be old hat but for me it's caused me to rethink some of my normal habits. Good stuff.
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #7
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeau11 View Post
Also, follow them on FB if you're on. Dion recently posted a video from VIR with their coaching comments for T1 and Oak Tree, and regular discussions and suggestions on carrying more corner speed, trail braking, etc.

For the racer's in the crowd it may be old hat but for me it's caused me to rethink some of my normal habits. Good stuff.
Good points and i believe the same free content is avail on their website in Blog section. Plus they have a YouTube channel.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
I just went through the Sonoma one. Found a bunch of good tips in there! Will try to implement next time and see what results I get and report back.
oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #9
TrackClub

FYI: ive spent some time checking their YouTube channel last night and they have tons of new content there.
All organized in PlayLists.

Driving Techniques and Driving Tips in Under 60 secs are excellent! Much more effective learning than reading a 300 page book. Albeit that still has a place.

Dion does a great job and obviously loves his job. Jeez he's young lol! But he knows his stuff (obviously) and knows how to present it effectively.

Great knowledge resource for new track rats and old ones alike.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #10
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
I have also used Dion and Racer 360 before heading down to VIR at end of last season. I totally believe in video review, and find it very effective when studying lines at new tracks, particularly when analyzing braking and acceleration points and turn in/track out all while really remembering the actual track layout turn by turn. I totally remember my very first track event not even knowing the track at all, fearing what was around the next corner, found myself struggling to remember where I was on track, nevermind trying to focus on turn-in's and track out's and braking/accelerations. Youtube is your friend if you are not set up for iRacing. ...Someday I wish to add my own video(s) with overlay for others to use and critique. Until then I will continue to use others experiences!! So study away... that is key!! Racer 360 and Youtube!!!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #11
TrackClub

Agree: learning should never stop! Indeed that's what pros do so well: they always look for ways to improve their skills. Always.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #12
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
It's a good service, especially when you are learning.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #13
TrackClub

Indeed! But they do coach some serious racers as well.