Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #15
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I didn't see any switches on them, the Helix has this option from what I have seen.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #16
aland12345

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow Camaro vert
Good luck with the fix. I have a base 1lt convertible never could get the ones from China with the yellow turn lights to work. Brakes and 4 way flashers fine. Including extra flash when brakes actuated. But the turn signals would flash 3 times then go in to the Hyper flash. You may have better luck with the SS/RS... Worked with company first they said I had car issues voltage too low what have you, Then they sent a second light harness, It worked no better. So I returned them this afternoon. I'm pretty sure the Helix are different. Close up shots look like you can 'almost' see reflectors on the Helix and Helix has a switch for fixed or sequential turn signals. Unfortunately they are about $100 more plus an adapter for the LT Camaros I believe...
aland12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #17
loljunk_

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland12345 View Post
Good luck with the fix. I have a base 1lt convertible never could get the ones from China with the yellow turn lights to work. Brakes and 4 way flashers fine. Including extra flash when brakes actuated. But the turn signals would flash 3 times then go in to the Hyper flash. You may have better luck with the SS/RS... Worked with company first they said I had car issues voltage too low what have you, Then they sent a second light harness, It worked no better. So I returned them this afternoon. I'm pretty sure the Helix are different. Close up shots look like you can 'almost' see reflectors on the Helix and Helix has a switch for fixed or sequential turn signals. Unfortunately they are about $100 more plus an adapter for the LT Camaros I believe...
Hmmmm yea doesn't sound like an ideal situation. May just go with the GM dark tail lights. I didn't know these had the turn signal come on when you brake.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #18
warren3537

I tell you what, Next Gen Speed sure does give you the run around when it comes to a refund, they claim that these lights are what they showed on their web site which is false because they never showed anything other than the turn signals and hazards, nothing about how the brake lights go out when you apply brakes and use the turn signals and the when the turns come on when you apply the brakes, so yeah this should be on vendor to avoid. I will give it another shot and see what happens next.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:46 AM   #19
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff37 View Post
Are these the same ones from this thread?
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529479

I liked how they looked, but they seemed to have a hyperflashing/incompatibility issues

Same ones. Yes, hyperflashing was fixed.

Blinking hazards has emerged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:49 AM   #20
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by loljunk_ View Post
Why are you going back to the GM dark tails? In one of the videos I saw it looked like the running light was reflecting off of different parts of the tail light housing, making the light look a bit blurry and not as solid from a distance. Would you say the GM dark tail lights have less reflection inside the housing than these?

They’re dangerous. The lights may confuse someone who is distracted and driving too closely due to the flashing hazards when applying the brake.

I don’t know what you’re talking about in terms of reflection or in terms of blurriness. Not to mention I don’t stand behind my car at distance to notice any of these things.

I have GM dark tails, I’ve always had them so I’m switching back to them.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:50 AM   #21
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren3537 View Post
I didn't see any switches on them, the Helix has this option from what I have seen.

There’s a circuit board with diaper switches inside the housing. If you unscrew the cap, you can pull out the circuit board with the switches.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:50 AM   #22
warren3537

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
There’s a circuit board with diaper switches inside the housing. If you unscrew the cap, you can pull out the circuit board with the switches.

So what are these switches supposed to do? can you adjust them?
Old 11-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #23
ecko04

You can so whatever you’d like. I don’t mess with them. I’m just telling you they’re there. I’m taking mine off.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #24
Camaros & Coffee Norcal

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS & 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren3537 View Post
We need someone who has the Helix tail lights to post a video, I have seen some but nothing like the video that I took on these.
We were part of the design process for the Helix ones, so I can assure you they do not have hyperflash, they don't turn on when brakes are pressed and don't have reverse camera issues.This is one reason for the price difference amongst them. We recently released our version of the more affordable ones (just now posted under sponsor classifieds) and may have placed built in provisions to address the known issues. It varies by years and vehicles, due to BCM interpretation and other factors, but we have a harnesses etc that fixes all problems if need be. As of now we are at a 92% success rate. Meaning majority of the of the cars will work with them out of the box. For the other 8% that don't, we have a solution and will work with our customers to take care of them. A member here has been testing our versions for about 6 months now with 0 issues. I hope this sheds light on your concerns. IF not feel free to DM us to discuss in further details.
Camaros & Coffee Norcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #25
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros & Coffee Norcal View Post
We were part of the design process for the Helix ones, so I can assure you they do not have hyperflash, they don't turn on when brakes are pressed and don't have reverse camera issues.This is one reason for the price difference amongst them. We recently released our version of the more affordable ones (just now posted under sponsor classifieds) and may have placed built in provisions to address the known issues. It varies by years and vehicles, due to BCM interpretation and other factors, but we have a harnesses etc that fixes all problems if need be. As of now we are at a 92% success rate. Meaning majority of the of the cars will work with them out of the box. For the other 8% that don't, we have a solution and will work with our customers to take care of them. A member here has been testing our versions for about 6 months now with 0 issues. I hope this sheds light on your concerns. IF not feel free to DM us to discuss in further details.
I think I may have been the person they were taking about who posted the video. I can attest to the fact that the turn signals do not come on under braking and that the lights do not hyperflash. My set works exactly how you’d expect them to.

The only thing that surprised me was that the demos I saw had yellow turn signals and my set has red ones.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #26
warren3537

[URL="https://youtu.be/iW7O9Xtnzr4"/URL]

I changed out the VLAND tails for these and I like them better, the turn signals are pretty bright at night.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #27
warren3537

https://youtu.be/iW7O9Xtnzr4
Old 11-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #28
aland12345

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow Camaro vert
I returned my Vland lights and have the Helix lights on order. That 15% off from Ebay yesteray made the cost at least close. Vland did try with a second harness and refunded the purchase price right a way when returned. Should have the Helix by Friday the 30th...
aland12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next-gen, next-gen speed, sequential, smoke, tail lights