Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #15
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
How much does lowering change ride quality and handling? Do you bottom out after on bad bumps?
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #16
my maro

Drives: 2018 camaro 1SS
Send a message via ICQ to my maro Send a message via AIM to my maro Send a message via MSN to my maro Send a message via Yahoo to my maro
independent shop told me $895.00 ; > {
my maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:26 AM   #17
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorse View Post
How much does lowering change ride quality and handling? Do you bottom out after on bad bumps?
Good question

Another question, If you have MRC does it require an adjustment of some sort?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #18
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
Free fifty self installed plus alignment. No adjusting MRC, if your asking if you hit a "bump" does the car bottom out? Yes and no, the car will be lower so if the bump is higher than the car yes you will scrape, you will have to adjust the way you enter driveways and such.
If you hit a bump and the bump is much lower than the car you will not bottom out, most lowering springs stiffen up the ride making it more ridged but it feels more planted.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #19
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
You mostly have to worry about scraping the nose. Anyone with splitters/lips etc added ...will be thinking twice when lowered. For sure. I dont have any and my nose scrapes on plenty of these stupidly banked commercial driveways. It would definitely be taking damage if i had things attached there.

The other concern for lowered cars is getting maintenance at shops that dont service lowprofile sports cars normally. (pepboys etc) ...their lifts aren't designed for it and can easily cause damage, not just getting on the lift but getting off.

and installing springs shouldn't be more than maybe a hundred bucks in labor to install them and then the 90 bucks or so to do the alignment. It's one of those jobs though where you could just do it yourself for free tool rental from autozone and some elbow greese so you're gonna get ripped off having someone else do it. Unless you're including the cost of the springs too, i can't see paying these prices.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote