Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
SSmash

Drives: Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
Passenger External Door Handle

Has anyone encountered their Passenger External Door Handle not working?

When I pull on the external passenger door handle it feels like it nothing is attached to it and has little resistance on it. It does have enough resistance to retract itself, but does not open the door. I can open the door from the inside without any problems.

When I pull the door on the driver side it moves about 1/4 of the way before I feel the normal resistance needed to unlock the door in the opening process.
SSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmash View Post
Has anyone encountered their Passenger External Door Handle not working?

When I pull on the external passenger door handle it feels like it nothing is attached to it and has little resistance on it. It does have enough resistance to retract itself, but does not open the door. I can open the door from the inside without any problems.

When I pull the door on the driver side it moves about 1/4 of the way before I feel the normal resistance needed to unlock the door in the opening process.
Might’ve unlatched inside somehow, if you don’t have warranty you can take off the door panel and see if it’s unhooked. If you have warranty than give it to them
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
SSmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Might’ve unlatched inside somehow, if you don’t have warranty you can take off the door panel and see if it’s unhooked. If you have warranty than give it to them
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow so they can take a look at it.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
SSmash

Ended up being the cable with the little ball on the end came out of the little cradle.

The Dealership was able to put it back in and now everything works. The question is who/why it happened to begin with...going to see how long this lasts.