Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-14-2021, 07:42 PM   #267
TruFan1LE

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Perhaps written by closet Ford guys. Owned mine 15 months and I'm the cause of any issue that arose.
The reason our car has bad ratings is because the [few] people that had or have issues are the ones that are doing the survey. Those of us[many] that don't have issues are out driving[enjoying] the HELL out of this car. For me this car was well worth the wait.
TruFan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #268
BlackKnight2SS18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline
Lots of butthurt in this thread. A Toyota or Kia/Hyundai they are not.
BlackKnight2SS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:55 PM   #269
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Yep, good points here. Every mfgr will have some issues. The more frequent it is, the worse obviously. And no, somewhat overly generous payrolls don’t help. I’m all for making things here and providing Americans with jobs but sometimes the union stuff goes overboard. Not a thread to get into all of that though, lol.
The absolute worst type union is a government employee union. They don't produce shit. The American auto worker is damn near extinct. Toyota isn't union yet they pay like they are so there is that. They sell cars like hot cakes too.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:49 AM   #270
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
How easy was the warranty process to get a new engine?
No clue, sold it to the dealer "as is" and bought another car. They took it without question, so I assume it was very easy.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:42 AM   #271
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruFan1LE View Post
The reason our car has bad ratings is because the [few] people that had or have issues are the ones that are doing the survey. Those of us[many] that don't have issues are out driving[enjoying] the HELL out of this car. For me this car was well worth the wait.
That's true with EVERY product - people are something like 7 times more likely to relay a bad experience as a good one. Every manufacturer has to deal with this, for every product. They all get skewed the same way.

The other end of this is that these so-called surveys typically either only deal with "initial quality" or have very specific parameters that allow a survey to be included (forcing most of the good reports to be thrown out).

Here's the basic problem with surveys: It's a game of telephone.

- One individual comes up with an idea for a survey and has a plan for how to approach it
- They provide guidance to a second person to actually write the survey
- The general public takes the survey and answers everything emotionally instead of factually
- The surveys are returned to a third person/group for recording
- A fourth person/group does the tabulation
- A fifth person/group interprets the results

Surveys are a complete waste of time for everyone involved
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:46 AM   #272
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I thought the dealer presented the problem per 100 and that is how they get "reliability" ratings.

Although it is not classified in anyway, so it could be a blown engine or a trim piece not secured.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #273
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
Engineers went all in on the engine/ brakes, susp.
to keep the costs down.
Still a great perf bargain but it is what it is.
High production line wages and bennies sure don't help either.

Love the Gen 6
Actual labor to produce the car isn't that high. I think all in a UAW worker is 60 to 70 an hour and it's generally 20 hours plus or minus these days for most mass produced cars.

Now the legacy costs? GM still makes pension payments to nearly a MILLION, maybe less these days, to retirees and survivors. So the contribution margin the Camaro has to pay the company is still pretty big per unit. That's why reduced volume is the killer because the program has to shoulder a budgeted amount of those costs.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #274
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
What I find funny about this is, GM isn't even promoting the Camaro in any way, shape, or form. All of its sales come from word of mouth, passion for the car, or the long standing brand.
If it was a clunker, word of mouth would've killed it already.
FTW, I haven't had any issue with my 2019.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:29 PM   #275
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
What I find funny about this is, GM isn't even promoting the Camaro in any way, shape, or form. All of its sales come from word of mouth, passion for the car, or the long standing brand.
If it was a clunker, word of mouth would've killed it already.
FTW, I haven't had any issue with my 2019.
Overall the Camaro is a much more better built car than a Mustang. More solid, less rattles, more premium feel.

Odd I saw three gen 6 Camaros within a 2 mile radius within 15 minutes time today. All 3 didn't look like the LT1 engine models though.

It seems the non v8 models sell a lot more than the SS, LT1 or Zl1 when I'm out and about.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:03 PM   #276
Sorange

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
My ZLE has been in for warranty quite a few times in the 15 months I've owned it. 3 times for a check engine light related to O2 sensors ( replaced 3 of the 4 sensors) once for a no start situation and erratic moving tach needle (wire harness to cam sensor replaced due to rubbed through wire) Once to replace the driver catalytic converter, and once to adjust the cable in the driver seat because the tilt lever wouldn't release the seat. The car just rolled over 11,000 miles. while nothing really major that's still a lot to go wrong in 15 months! I'm thinking I might be extending the warranty!
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:27 AM   #277
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Overall the Camaro is a much more better built car than a Mustang. More solid, less rattles, more premium feel.
way way better in everyway.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:23 AM   #278
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorange View Post
My ZLE has been in for warranty quite a few times in the 15 months I've owned it. 3 times for a check engine light related to O2 sensors ( replaced 3 of the 4 sensors) once for a no start situation and erratic moving tach needle (wire harness to cam sensor replaced due to rubbed through wire) Once to replace the driver catalytic converter, and once to adjust the cable in the driver seat because the tilt lever wouldn't release the seat. The car just rolled over 11,000 miles. while nothing really major that's still a lot to go wrong in 15 months! I'm thinking I might be extending the warranty!
If it were me, I'd be asking to have a conversation with the local rep and asking THEM to extend the warranty. See where that might get you...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote