Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Oh, thought you said "121mph when crossing the quarter"....
The hellcat in this vid was trapping 124mph and still lost. Gossip left him sitting.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #16
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Where the runs occur the distance is measured. However, no times were being taken and the times would not be as accurate as at the strip. Ill ask for footage, i do not have a go pro.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #17
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Where the runs occur the distance is measured. However, no times were being taken and the times would not be as accurate as at the strip. Ill ask for footage, i do not have a go pro.
Got you. No actual 1/4 runs. Id say youd definitely have the upper hand in the highway but you will have your work cut out vs OP at the 1/4 track.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #18
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
DA was 1500? Stall speed?

Nice video. I want to see what the guy at work can do with his purple Hellcat Challenger. There is a lime green Charger Daytona that revs at me all the time. I should be able to take him no problem. They are heavy and I believe are all the 1st gen Hemi's.
Stall speed is 3800. DA was 1495+ to be exact on that run per drag time Da calculator. I look it up on all runs to see what a good run will look like in the fall. Also for bracket racing my "slow" 95GT. On a side note. Where do you work? We have plum crazy hellcat in our parking lot at work also. I've been trying to get him to come down and race with me.
Quote:
LOL the kid is a walking contradiction. He calls my low 9 second 95GT slow. But says he hopes to one day be in the high 10s or low 11s. Calls me out and says he's going embarrass my wifes 15GT until I told him to bring it on. Then he starts in about he has college and how he needs a new transmission, bla bla bla. I kept the PMs just because they were so silly. Internet racers.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 06-09-2016 at 10:31 AM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Post some vids from a dig.....roll racing isn't something I find entertaining.. I enjoy the track and all the numbers measured. Especially once the cars have launched and are flying down the track.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #20
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Post some vids from a dig.....roll racing isn't something I find entertaining.. I enjoy the track and all the numbers measured. Especially once the cars have launched and are flying down the track.
But that requires learning how to drive your car. I love racing the roll racers that think their fast at the track and imagine their panic when they see me 5 cars out in front of them as soon as the lights drop.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #21
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Way to go BlueBeastSRT ( I know you!!!!!)

Estimating what your car should run/trap like this guy you're referring to is a bit idiotic and arrogant.

If you call someone out, make sure you can fulfill the call-out and back it up. Otherwise, move along.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #22
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Stall speed is 3800. DA was 1495+ to be exact on that run per drag time Da calculator. I look it up on all runs to see what a good run will look like in the fall. Also for bracket racing my "slow" 95GT. On a side note. Where do you work? We have plum crazy hellcat in our parking lot at work also. I've been trying to get him to come down and race with me.
LOL the kid is a walking contradiction. He calls my low 9 second 95GT slow. But says he hopes to one day be in the high 10s or low 11s. Calls me out and says he's going embarrass my wifes 15GT until I told him to bring it on. Then he starts in about he has college and how he needs a new transmission, bla bla bla. I kept the PMs just because they were so silly. Internet racers.

You are a joke lol first i research in DC M-F 6:30-6:00. Want to come down in DMV traffic and race me? I offered and you did not respond you started usibg vulgar language. Otherwise, i will let you know when I can make it up. And yeah you said a purpose built drag car....purpose built to just drag, considering that yes 9 seconds is 'slow'. Don't worry I also kept the PM's!
Old 06-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #23
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I don't roll race, read the post it specifically says launched. Furthermore, a hellcat would crush me in a roll.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #24
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't roll race, read the post it specifically says launched. Furthermore, a hellcat would crush me in a roll.
I read the post...and I said show some vids of starting from a dig....I know what you launched I just want to see the action. When somebody claims this and that I just like to see their car run. There are alot of fast members that talk and post vids. It's cool your have a fast TT v6 but I have a feeling your going to have to do more then have posts about it....people want to see it run.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #25
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Way to go BlueBeastSRT ( I know you!!!!!)

Estimating what your car should run/trap like this guy you're referring to is a bit idiotic and arrogant.

If you call someone out, make sure you can fulfill the call-out and back it up. Otherwise, move along.
That's exactly right. These internet racers don't know what their getting themselves into calling me out.I've been doing this longer than most of these kiddies have been alive.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #26
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Let me get this right.

9 Seconds is slow, but, the person saying that doesn't race at a track, nor have actual times for an extensive build such as that?

While to some, 9 Seconds is slow compared to a dragster, but, for a car that can be driven on the street without an issue, that is pretty fast.

Oh, last I checked, 9 second quarter mile cars are a helluva lot faster than a "high 10, low 11" second car. If only you knew what it took to start dropping tenths once you get into the 10's, you would not be saying that 9 second cars are slow.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #27
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
You are a joke lol first i research in DC M-F 6:30-6:00. Want to come down in DMV traffic and race me? I offered and you did not respond you started usibg vulgar language. Otherwise, i will let you know when I can make it up. And yeah you said a purpose built drag car....purpose built to just drag, considering that yes 9 seconds is 'slow'. Don't worry I also kept the PM's!
Your doing it again! Put up or shut. Junior. The fact your saying low 9s are slow just shows you have no clue what your talking about. The mod closed the last thread you mucked up out of fear you'd embarrass the entire Camaro community. So this call out of yours is open ended forever??? Am I understanding you correctly?

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 06-09-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Let me get this right.

9 Seconds is slow, but, the person saying that doesn't race at a track, nor have actual times for an extensive build such as that?

While to some, 9 Seconds is slow compared to a dragster, but, for a car that can be driven on the street without an issue, that is pretty fast.

Oh, last I checked, 9 second quarter mile cars are a helluva lot faster than a "high 10, low 11" second car. If only you knew what it took to start dropping tenths once you get into the 10's, you would not be saying that 9 second cars are slow.
This is all true....im a casual racer and even I have vids of my car.....so when I say I have a tire spinning off the line 2011 camaro running 12.8 I can show it. If I had a car that alot faster and I raced more I would have a ton of vids.