Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Our 95 mm (100 mm Effective) is here

Hello, Everyone. We are glad to announce that our 95 mm (LT5/ZR1) throttle body is now available. Please visit our store. Here are a few highlights and pictures. Thanks, especially those of you who encouraged us to pursue this Mod.

FEATURES:
• Optimized Active Contours (Both Upstream & Downstream)
• Porting Taper and Upstream Bore (Lip & Bore Reduction)
• Greater Discharge Coefficient of Plate/Blade
• 16 Ra Microinch, Diamond Polished Surface Finish (Lower Skin Friction)
• Shaftless High-Pressure side for Larger WOT Flow Area (100 mm Effective Bore)
• Self-Cleaning Throat/Flow Gap
• Dome Screws, Thread-locked
• Made from Brand New OEM Parts

BENEFITS:
• Lower weight to power ratio at part throttle, for a more nimble/spirited driving experience
• Linearization and smoothing of the curve for a more predictable response and crisper shifts
• Immediate response right off idling while keeping idling function undisturbed (No Hesitation/Stumble)
• Eliminate the need for ECM tuning (LT5 only, LT1/LT4 may require tuning)
• More air/power at every single throttle position after idle. Crucial for starting or expanding power gain modifications
• Easy Installation (15 Minutes or Less)
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 03-24-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: updated pics
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Just got this a couple days ago and waiting on an updated tune to compare using real world hptuners data how this flows vs another 95mm tb i got that has been ported! Cant wait to try it out and share with everyone my thoughts and data on this vs the competition.

Just from initial inspection, You can tell that there was a lot of thought and design that went into this TB. Cant wait to see how it performs!
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
blueg1

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Please let us know if you notice a difference. I also have a ported 95mm tb and looking to possibly change to this.
blueg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
Johnny6.1

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Great to hear! Looking forward to hearing members' feedback on this. Couple questions for you. First, are you offering a core return refund? Second, for lt1/4 I see on the site it says you will need a 106mm adapter. Are you going to sell the adapter as an add on item or do you have a place you could recommend to purchase? Thanks and congrats on getting this released!
Johnny6.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Awesome. I'm looking forward to people reporting back on this.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:22 AM   #6
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
So, I have the Soler TB in stock bore. Trade straight across ? Have you done any dyno testing with this thing? In for results.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:21 AM   #7
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Beautiful. Liking this
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #8
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
hi, so i bought a brand new OEM ZR1 95mm TB last month and have not installed it yet since i'm still waiting for my MSD intake to arrive. is it anyway possible we can do a Core Exchange for it and i can pay for the porting?
Old 09-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #9
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny6.1 View Post
Great to hear! Looking forward to hearing members' feedback on this. Couple questions for you. First, are you offering a core return refund? Second, for lt1/4 I see on the site it says you will need a 106mm adapter. Are you going to sell the adapter as an add on item or do you have a place you could recommend to purchase? Thanks and congrats on getting this released!
I purchased the lt1 to lt5 adapter plate through ICT Billet it was around 50 bucks. You could also have the holes bored out some to fit. That is what the person who ported the other lt5 tb that i will be comparing did.
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I have also ordered one, should get it tomorrow. But I'm always waiting on damn headers, lol. So I cant install it yet. Just an fyi, this opens it up to 100mm, but if you use the adapter "which I am" it bottlenecks it to 93mm, then the stock intake manifold goes down to 89mm, 90mm with a tiny bit of dremeling. You can open up the bolt holes on the throttle body, but theres 2 issues. You have to open up the intake snout a little as the tb blade will touch the manifold upon opening, and second, if you open up the holes, it is much harder to line the tb and manifold together, but can be done. I've been trying to get info for everyone on how to open up the intake manifold snout, but no one seems to chime in. Maybe I should buy another manifold and play around with it.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #11
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I have also ordered one, should get it tomorrow. But I'm always waiting on damn headers, lol. So I cant install it yet. Just an fyi, this opens it up to 100mm, but if you use the adapter "which I am" it bottlenecks it to 93mm, then the stock intake manifold goes down to 89mm, 90mm with a tiny bit of dremeling. You can open up the bolt holes on the throttle body, but theres 2 issues. You have to open up the intake snout a little as the tb blade will touch the manifold upon opening, and second, if you open up the holes, it is much harder to line the tb and manifold together, but can be done. I've been trying to get info for everyone on how to open up the intake manifold snout, but no one seems to chime in. Maybe I should buy another manifold and play around with it.
go msd and be happy
Old 09-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #12
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny6.1 View Post
Thanks, Johnny.

We'll be doing core exchanges. Neet to buy some used ones to start the program. If I don't find them soon enough, we'll start the program by sending new parts to the first few customers.

No, the 106 mm is the clamping diameter at the inlet (receives air duct), you need to make sure that the duct will either go over or be able to expand to 106 mm for it to fit and clamp properly. The stock duct does not fit. I'm sure there are ways to expand it, but haven't tried it and cannot recommend for now.

The adapter plate is for the outlet side to meet to screw hole pattern in the manifold snout.

We'll be offering an adapter soon. In the meantime, ICT Billet is a good choice. This is the one I have in my car.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #13
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
hi, so i bought a brand new OEM ZR1 95mm TB last month and have not installed it yet since i'm still waiting for my MSD intake to arrive. is it anyway possible we can do a Core Exchange for it and i can pay for the porting?
Alpha, that is the "rework your own" option there at our webstore. Basically you send it over to us and we'll do the work in a day or two, then send right back to you.

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #14
6spdhyperblue

The stock elbow(duct) does fit on the 95mm throttle body. All I had to do was wiggle it on. I’ve done it a few times now. Maybe the first time required a little more elbow grease but I don’t remember it being an issue