Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
psipops

Drives: 2016 2SS
SPARK PLUG R&R

Is there a DIY for spark plug r&r for my 2016 2SS? The passenger side is really blocked up with coolant resivoir and more and I don`t want to destroy anything in removal so a how-too would be good. I can do it all, just used to older cars like G-Body stuff. Would like to find a service manual of somekind but GM wants 3-4 hundred $`s for one. Chilton and the like don`t have them yet. Any help ????
psipops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Unplug the small hose from the reservoir and clip the hose. Move it out of the way and there’s plenty of room. U can maybe look at some header instal guides
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
psipops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Unplug the small hose from the reservoir and clip the hose. Move it out of the way and there’s plenty of room. U can maybe look at some header instal guides
So you do not have to remove the reservoir? I am unable to get my hands down into the front two plugs especially.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Remove the front little hose and move the reservoir
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
??? Spark plugs .How many miles on it?
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
psipops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
??? Spark plugs .How many miles on it?
The car has 11K on it but was never run hard and now I do run it hard at the drag strip. Mainly just want to take a look.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
you can do it without removing anything, I just did mine last week. As said, you can remove the passenger side coolant tank and get to them as well.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
psipops

Thanks everyone. I guess I will just have to get after it.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:40 PM   #9
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I gotta call'em like I see'um- this is a weak "how to". Surely someone can provide a more thorough information on some good DIY advice.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:30 AM   #10
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I gotta call'em like I see'um- this is a weak "how to". Surely someone can provide a more thorough information on some good DIY advice.
It's 'weak' because it's an easy job. I've done mine twice and I didn't remove anything. It would be like writing a 'how to' on removing the oil fill cap. Just do it.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 03:47 AM   #11
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post
It's 'weak' because it's an easy job. I've done mine twice and I didn't remove anything. It would be like writing a 'how to' on removing the oil fill cap. Just do it.
Where can I find that DIY on removing the oil cap?
Old 12-14-2022, 09:19 AM   #12
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckrglenn View Post
Where can I find that DIY on removing the oil cap?
1. Always use appropriate safety equipment. You may want to put on mechanic's gloves and safety goggles.
2. Approach the Camaro.
3. Unlock the car. This can usually be done by pressing the unlock button on the remote, but you may need the physical key. For that process, see my DIY entitled "Safely and quickly opening the door of your Camaro - driver's side - part one."
4. Bend down and reach under left side of dash and feel around (US models only, other countries and territories may vary).
5. Kneel down and shine a flashlight under the dash to find where that darn hood release handle is hiding.
6. Cup fingers around hood release lever and pull down gently. This is NOT an excessive force scenario like changing the passenger compartment air filter.
7. When you hear the musical sound of the hood popping open, release the release lever.
8. Walk to front of car, place your fingers under the front lip of the hood, and move your hand to the side (the latch is right there, every time, perfectly positioned!)
9. Raise hood to the fully open position.
10. Visually locate the oil cap. There are many caps under the hood. It is the one that lists an oil viscosity on it. (And remember, no matter what it says on the cap, only an oil viscosity starting with 0 should ever be used in your Camaro - check the forums for several threads on this. Also note that for street use, you can ignore those threads. See the other oil threads for more on that topic.)
11. Remove oil cap.

Whew, you did it!

First timers may take a while to accomplish this, but once you get the process down it usually takes less than a minute. Get out there and remove those oil caps!

Now I am off to write my DIY on replacing the oil cap...
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:46 PM   #13
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
1. Always use appropriate safety equipment. You may want to put on mechanic's gloves and safety goggles.
2. Approach the Camaro.
3. Unlock the car. This can usually be done by pressing the unlock button on the remote, but you may need the physical key. For that process, see my DIY entitled "Safely and quickly opening the door of your Camaro - driver's side - part one."
4. Bend down and reach under left side of dash and feel around (US models only, other countries and territories may vary).
5. Kneel down and shine a flashlight under the dash to find where that darn hood release handle is hiding.
6. Cup fingers around hood release lever and pull down gently. This is NOT an excessive force scenario like changing the passenger compartment air filter.
7. When you hear the musical sound of the hood popping open, release the release lever.
8. Walk to front of car, place your fingers under the front lip of the hood, and move your hand to the side (the latch is right there, every time, perfectly positioned!)
9. Raise hood to the fully open position.
10. Visually locate the oil cap. There are many caps under the hood. It is the one that lists an oil viscosity on it. (And remember, no matter what it says on the cap, only an oil viscosity starting with 0 should ever be used in your Camaro - check the forums for several threads on this. Also note that for street use, you can ignore those threads. See the other oil threads for more on that topic.)
11. Remove oil cap.

Whew, you did it!

First timers may take a while to accomplish this, but once you get the process down it usually takes less than a minute. Get out there and remove those oil caps!

Now I am off to write my DIY on replacing the oil cap...
There's a lot of detail on steps 1-10. Can you please provide more detail on step 11?
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:51 AM   #14
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
After completing steps 1-10, grasp oil cap with either hand; left-dominant people may prefer to use left hand, right-dominant people may prefer to use right hand, although some people may prefer to use the hand opposite of their dominant tendency. Regardless of choice, always follow safety instructions (refer to step 1).

Begin twisting cap in counter-clockwise direction. "Counter-clockwise" refers to the direction of movement OPPOSITE to that of a typical clock.

[IMPORTANT: if visual reminder is needed regarding "counter-clockwise" movement referenced above, return to house to visually inspect nearest clock.

Begin return to house by placing one foot in front of the other; left-dominant people may prefer to start with left foot, right-dominant people may prefer to start with right foot. Then *alternate* forward placement of feet in order to...]
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote