Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-23-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
SatinSteel

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS, F350 platinum
Welp I cancelled my order...

Got tired of waiting for allocation. 3 and a half months. Dealer refunded my deposit. Oh well
SatinSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
An unfortunate sign of the times. Sorry you missed out. I never ordered any of my cars. Tried to back in 2017, when the ZL1 were first coming out. Had the same outcome, my dealer flat out lied his butt off stating he had an allocation.

Ended up finding a dealer out of state who had them, and was actually willing to deal on them.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:09 PM   #3
Ultimateone
I've been around

Drives: 21 2SS 1LE
Wait for a new BMW M4 is 9 mos to a year!
Old 03-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #4
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
I got impatient and started calling around after 3 months of 1100 status. I got lucky and found a similar one incoming to a dealer, maybe you can too, or hold out for a '23 at a dealer who actually gets an allocation.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:56 PM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Buy a used one, there are plenty of them around. If you can't find what you want local, do a search around the the US. Find what you want and make a trip of it. Fly out, buy it and have some fun driving it home. I could never do the whole waiting game. You maybe able to even find a new one at a different dealer if you are willing to fly and drive.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:16 PM   #6
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Where in PA are you?
Old 03-23-2022, 09:22 PM   #7
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to KaMaRow Send a message via AIM to KaMaRow Send a message via Yahoo to KaMaRow Send a message via Skype™ to KaMaRow
I said this in another forum topic but Ill tell you what works for me. Stop using the internet and stop calling dealers on the phone.. If you see a car on the internet so does 1000 other people and the chance you'll be first well...and on the phone you are just another 1 of 2000 people who called and asked the same exact questions and the dealers really dont care about phone calls much they want you in the dealership. I found my ZL1 paid for it and just got it yesterday. Total waiting I did 4 weeks.. from start of looking till owning it. I paid MSRP. I did the same thing with a C8 I just walked out and got one no waiting at all. The key for me anyway is I dont look online I dont call salesmen on the phone. I pound the pavement and go to the dealers and ask and pester and ask questions. being front and center in the dealers show room means more then you could imagine.

I found My ZL1 the third dealer I went too. I asked if they had any coming and they checked and sure enough they had one coming. And no one had their name on it because it wasn't on the internet and the salesmen didnt know about it. only the sales manager knew it was coming and why it wasnt spoken for yet. because it wasnt on the net and a phone call would have gotten me a no answer since the sales men didn't know. Only because I went and spent an afternoon driving and going to the dealers around did I find it.

Same thing with my C8. The one i found wasn't online because it was technically sold. If i would of called I would of been told it was sold and they had none. but because I drove around and walked in at the right time I got it. Because literally 20 mins before i got there the original buyer backed out. again wouldn't have happened looking on the net and making phone calls.

I think people need to get back out and do shopping the old fashioned way. The internet and phone calling because no one wants to leave the house has ruined a lot.

Found my ps5 and xbox x the same way. Spent an after noon driving around and found both as orders that weren't picked up again by getting out and going to the stores in person.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:27 PM   #8
RegularJohn86278263789

Drives: 2008 Corvette Z06, 1991 Mustang 5.0
I feel super lucky, I placed a deposit on an LT1 on March 14th and it was accepted by GM on March 17th.

Mostly because I ordered an LT1 instead of an SS. Would you be open to the idea of going that route instead?
RegularJohn86278263789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:06 PM   #9
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
What are you looking for? My factory order Satin Steel 2SS 1LE a10 with PDR just came in and I passed on it. Its available now. $53k.

https://www.chevyofwesleychapel.com/...342&bac=317035
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:10 PM   #10
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
I said this in another forum topic but Ill tell you what works for me. Stop using the internet and stop calling dealers on the phone.. If you see a car on the internet so does 1000 other people and the chance you'll be first well...and on the phone you are just another 1 of 2000 people who called and asked the same exact questions and the dealers really dont care about phone calls much they want you in the dealership. I found my ZL1 paid for it and just got it yesterday. Total waiting I did 4 weeks.. from start of looking till owning it. I paid MSRP. I did the same thing with a C8 I just walked out and got one no waiting at all. The key for me anyway is I dont look online I dont call salesmen on the phone. I pound the pavement and go to the dealers and ask and pester and ask questions. being front and center in the dealers show room means more then you could imagine.

I found My ZL1 the third dealer I went too. I asked if they had any coming and they checked and sure enough they had one coming. And no one had their name on it because it wasn't on the internet and the salesmen didnt know about it. only the sales manager knew it was coming and why it wasnt spoken for yet. because it wasnt on the net and a phone call would have gotten me a no answer since the sales men didn't know. Only because I went and spent an afternoon driving and going to the dealers around did I find it.

Same thing with my C8. The one i found wasn't online because it was technically sold. If i would of called I would of been told it was sold and they had none. but because I drove around and walked in at the right time I got it. Because literally 20 mins before i got there the original buyer backed out. again wouldn't have happened looking on the net and making phone calls.

I think people need to get back out and do shopping the old fashioned way. The internet and phone calling because no one wants to leave the house has ruined a lot.

Found my ps5 and xbox x the same way. Spent an after noon driving around and found both as orders that weren't picked up again by getting out and going to the stores in person.
I tried to order a ZL1 last September, I was like 3rd in line for an allocation, probably take 6-9 months they said. I took a shot and drove down to a dealer about 40 miles away and bought a new ZL1 that was sitting on the lot. Paid MSRP.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:13 PM   #11
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
What are you looking for? My factory order Satin Steel 2SS 1LE a10 with PDR just came in and I passed on it. Its available now. $53k.

This guy also cancelled his order.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603637f
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:14 PM   #12
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post

That's not a bad price if they aren't adding any add on to the car when you get there. I think its still a ways out to get back under MSRP again.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:45 PM   #13
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to KaMaRow Send a message via AIM to KaMaRow Send a message via Yahoo to KaMaRow Send a message via Skype™ to KaMaRow
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I tried to order a ZL1 last September, I was like 3rd in line for an allocation, probably take 6-9 months they said. I took a shot and drove down to a dealer about 40 miles away and bought a new ZL1 that was sitting on the lot. Paid MSRP.
See exactly what IM talking about. It is amazing how effective a little less being on phones and screens and a little more going out and visiting a dealer in person is. I feel some people place an order then just sit and wait and dont bother any more. I see people waiting a year some times more and Im out here just walking into dealers and getting what I want either same day or in a week or so.

Just like dealer markups. I know people who give up because nothing local is not marked up so they cave in and pay the mark up. IM like people search nation wide whats a one way plane ticket cost? IM not paying mark up on anything when there is a dealer somewhere that will sell it MSRP. A one way ticket and two tanks of gas is way cheaper to fly out and get what ya want and drive it back then it is to stay home and pay 5k or 10k over.

I had a car i wanted once and couldn't find the price i wanted local. I found one two states away. I got up in the AM bought a 230 dollar ticket flew out bought car drove home all in same day and saved 6k. Some people just wont put any effort into what they want.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:32 AM   #14
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post

I wish more people thought like this these days.. peoples inability to leave the house for anything makes my day longer as I’m sure it does many others. Stay safe everybody, and get outside like krop said. I was looking and looking for months on my phone only having a LT1, thinking a ZL1 was a pipe dream… after seeing the one I HAD to have just 3 hours away I drove, got reamed on a trade in, and I’m still happy waiting on ARP for 3 months to make some studs to get my new front wheels on because this car……is probably best hp/$ out there and that’s just the hp.. LOL

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote