Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Stock Challenger Hellcat can't be this slow.

She's getting about the same times my 2012 Mustang 5.0 should be doing. She's either a lousy driver or has a bad car.

On a 0-60 run the 2016 and newer SS, LT1 would pounce this. Shes doing 4.5 to 4.7 in most of those runs. Most of the SSs I see on youtube are 4.0 to 4.2 but I've seen other Challenger and Charger Hellcat owners on Youtube also only doing mid 4s to 5 second 0-60.

I know wheel spin is a big factor with the Hellcat but is the weight really hampering these things?

Personally I'd take a ZL1 or C8 Vette over a Hellcat.

Does a STOCK Challenger Hellcat really do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds? | Female Owned - YouTube
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #2
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
She's getting about the same times my 2012 Mustang 5.0 should be doing. She's either a lousy driver or has a bad car.

On a 0-60 run the 2016 and newer SS, LT1 would pounce this. Shes doing 4.5 to 4.7 in most of those runs. Most of the SSs I see on youtube are 4.0 to 4.2 but I've seen other Challenger and Charger Hellcat owners on Youtube also only doing mid 4s to 5 second 0-60.

I know wheel spin is a big factor with the Hellcat but is the weight really hampering these things?

Personally I'd take a ZL1 or C8 Vette over a Hellcat.

Does a STOCK Challenger Hellcat really do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds? | Female Owned - YouTube
A year ago, I watched a Challenger Hellcat run mid 13s all night long. That driver would have probably run a 15 second flat with my 2021 LT1. #drivermod
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:46 PM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
One word. "Pirelli". Those tires are garbage. I had the P-Zeros on my stock 2010 2SS/RS and they couldn't even handle that level of power. Much less almost twice the power. On top of that she states that she doesn't have much experience with the car. And they are on a public road with no track prep etc. So yes, in the worst of conditions, it won't do much. Now throw a tire on, get some good seat time in, hit the track, and you'll see high 10s to low 11s for sure with a 127+ trap.

This has been discussed many times...about how the HC performs. You really have to put a tire on them to get some good launches. And again, it has nothing to do with the car. It has everything to do with the crap 275 P-Zeros they come with.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:14 AM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
One word. "Pirelli". Those tires are garbage. I had the P-Zeros on my stock 2010 2SS/RS and they couldn't even handle that level of power. Much less almost twice the power. On top of that she states that she doesn't have much experience with the car. And they are on a public road with no track prep etc. So yes, in the worst of conditions, it won't do much. Now throw a tire on, get some good seat time in, hit the track, and you'll see high 10s to low 11s for sure with a 127+ trap.

This has been discussed many times...about how the HC performs. You really have to put a tire on them to get some good launches. And again, it has nothing to do with the car. It has everything to do with the crap 275 P-Zeros they come with.

Lots of videos on youtube of stock Camaros on public streets (rural, little traffic around) doing 4 to 4.3 on stock tires.

Even with Scat Packs and the standard R/T I see times much slower than advertised. The Mustang GT and SS, especially the SS I don't see the times that far off as advertised.

I would suspect the Scatpack has traction issues a bit still, but they're slightly slower than the SS.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:32 AM   #5
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Lots of videos on youtube of stock Camaros on public streets (rural, little traffic around) doing 4 to 4.3 on stock tires.

Even with Scat Packs and the standard R/T I see times much slower than advertised. The Mustang GT and SS, especially the SS I don't see the times that far off as advertised.

I would suspect the Scatpack has traction issues a bit still, but they're slightly slower than the SS.
The Hellcat is putting about 200 more HP to the wheels than the SS makes at the engine. So tires from the factory will impact the Hellcat much more than the SS. And the 6th Gen SS is not on P-Zero tires. They are on some very decent GY tires which are world's apart from those BS Pirellis. So that tells you why the SS does better at 0-60. But don't be fooled, put both cars on the highway at 40 MPH and do a roll on and I can guarantee that you won't think the Hellcat is slow. Don't go thinking that a 0-60 time makes your SS faster than a car that puts down 650-ish RWHP bone stock. Even if you do better at 0-60, the HC will be reeling you in after that. By the quarter mile it will be done pulled you in and rolled past you. The SS is not on the HC's level my friend. That is why GM makes the ZL1.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:55 AM   #6
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The Hellcat is putting about 200 more HP to the wheels than the SS makes at the engine. So tires from the factory will impact the Hellcat much more than the SS. And the 6th Gen SS is not on P-Zero tires. They are on some very decent GY tires which are world's apart from those BS Pirellis. So that tells you why the SS does better at 0-60. But don't be fooled, put both cars on the highway at 40 MPH and do a roll on and I can guarantee that you won't think the Hellcat is slow. Don't go thinking that a 0-60 time makes your SS faster than a car that puts down 650-ish RWHP bone stock. Even if you do better at 0-60, the HC will be reeling you in after that. By the quarter mile it will be done pulled you in and rolled past you. The SS is not on the HC's level my friend. That is why GM makes the ZL1.

I would take a ZL1 over the Hellcat.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:56 AM   #7
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Lack of traction limits the Hellcat's performance numbers. Put some very wide racing wheels and sticky slicks on it, then see what it will do. It has the HP.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 AM   #8
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
yes, hellcats are slow. they only make like 650 whp. you should easily be able to take one in your stock camero.

also, is this 6th gen your first car?
Old 03-10-2021, 06:59 AM   #9
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Nice to see you speaking the truth finally about traction and drag radials/slicks. Is the GT500 allowed to use a drag radial in your fantasy land yet?
Old 03-10-2021, 07:05 AM   #10
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Everytime I'd look at an R/T, SRT, etc etc I could only think that the tires are all wrong, ton of power but it'll never be able to get it down. I was thinking of wrecking a hellcat that other day and could only see at best 255s on the back of it.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #11
Gary Frank

Drives: 07 Vette 19 Camaro92 350 S10
a stock C6 15 years ago did 4.1. A base not the ZO6.
Gary Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #12
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Traction.
On throttle house, you see the c8 smoke a red eye from a dig. These awd and mid engine cars are dangerous for a dig.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #13
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Traction.
On throttle house, you see the c8 smoke a red eye from a dig. These awd and mid engine cars are dangerous for a dig.
Speaking of the C8 from a dig. Did you see the joke of a race video Hennessy put up between a 41 mile non broken in (see also: no launch control & reduced torque in 1st and 2nd gear) vs the new TRX Ram? Hennessey fixes the results of their races to better advertise whatever they are trying to sell (see also: rip off).

Hopefully their follow-up race will be done with a fully broken in C8 properly launched and it will still beat their 1000 hp truck. (They won't allow that to happen)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #14
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
I know this from experience. From 70 mph, both going WOT (at least I think he was) I had the best possible gearing starting in 3rd. He easily pulled away.

From a dig, with those ridiculous stock tires, I bet I could dust one to sixty, but after that, no way.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote