Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
my Idea for a 7th Update 2!!! last update 1/5/19

my Idea came up after reading on Internet rumors of the Camaro Brand dying Out, after that I started an investigation on whats going on with the car, and Designing what could be a Camaro 7th gen to fix the sale issue

First off I began my investigation by talking with Camaro, general Automotive fans, and average Joe people on what they think the current camaro is Failing.

Average Joe Answer on a 2018 2SS A8:

48% think the visibility was the main issue

33% Think the main issue with the car was the Design of the car (most of the people actually disliked the interior of being no use for a DD car)

13% think the Gas consumption was too high

6% think the main Issue with the car was the price being to high

if you had the money would you buy this car? NO 73% YES 27%
-------------------------------------------------------------

Other cars answer compared to the camaro 27%

Mustang GT 32%

Dodge Charger 25%

BMW M2 38%

AMG A45 50%

WRX 41%

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current owners: Sport Cars , Mustang, Dodge Camaro/Firebirth (Any generation)
on a 2019 ZL1 A10

35% think the main Issue with the car was the price being to high

34% think the visibility was the main issue

22% think the Gas consumption was too high

9% Think the main issue with the car was the Design of the car (most of the people actually disliked the overall look of the car)

if you had the money would you buy this car? NO 58% YES 42%
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Other cars answer compared to the camaro 42%

Upcoming Mustang GT500 52%

Dodge Charger Hellcat 38%

BMW M5 57%

AMG S63 60%

WRX STI 24%

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Average Teenager High School Answer:
on a 2018 base 4cyl A8

55% think the lack of v8 entry car was the main issue

17% think the visibility was the main issue

17% think the price was too high

11% Think the main issue with the car was the Design of the car (most of the people actually disliked the interior of being no use for a DD car)

if you had the money would you buy this car? NO 83% YES 17%
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other cars answer compared to the camaro 17%

Mustang base 17%

Dodge 5.7 V8 34%

BMW Serie 2 base 7%

Toyota 86 30%

Impreza base AWD 24%
----------------------------------------------------------------

based on this I began to work on a design not only for a new generation camaro but for a new Lineup designed to fix what each vehicle should aim their target Audience wile dealing with the main problems for the current camaro design

I began by searching sport cars similar to the camaro, I had the oportunity to ride on a first generation Fbody, modded to be a Prodaily car, this camaro had a 350 with Edelbrock pro efi 3, attached to a 4L85E, the car feel WAY smaller and compact compared to a 5th or 6th gen I also drived a 3th gen and my 2001 Z28, those cars fell so much nicer on trafic jams and city traffic compared to late 5th and 6th gens.

I knew what would my first Objective on the 7th gen art was. To make the car as compact the 1th gen felt

the biggest revelation was when I ride on a friend´s BMW 235 on my search of a small car that felt like the first generation camaro, the car is small an compact yet feels powerful and solid,

after having all those notes and information I began my design.

1 the car will be based on a mix between the 1Gen camaro/ 2018 2SS / BMW M2

2 The car I would design will be a Non SS V8 trim

3 This car would had some elements I liked from 3th 4th and 6th gen on a 1th gen shape DNA car:

Finally this is the Design I did for the Exterior.

this first variant is a Base trim level V8, designed for a smooth DD easy to maintain V8 experience for average Joe and Teenagers

this trim will NOT replace the 4 cylinder base trim level instead will be a variant of it.

the Interior is 2+3 seat with a larger interior and room for actual living beings on rear, to kinda solve the truck issue I made this car a hatchback design based on a 3th/4th /corvette Design, increasing the trunk Space, the engine will seat furder back, almost like a 4th gen camaro reducing size of the nose of the car an helping the wight distribution

the car size is way smaller compared to it's older brothers

the exterior or the car follow the design lines of the 69 widebody car and the best elements from the 5th and 6th gen cars including the return of the camaro gills and the introduction functional Air Ram based on the mail slot of the 5th gen camaro.

this car is powered by an LT based 350 v8 Engine with afm and start stop Option, doing 370 hp 380 torque/10 speed auto

MPG 19 city 25 highway

the interior Is cloth and a a screen with no radio but Apple car play and Android auto

to keep the price low as much as possible the rear suspension is a modern Live Rear axle with non performance brakes

security comes with 4 Airbags rear camera, and front impact sensor

price of this car would be around 29.000

this camaro would be an awesome DD car and a real alternative for the average Joe and Teenager, not design to be a track Killer car but more of a Dragstrip / DD car

Update 12/29/18!!!!

First renders of my design: WORK IN PROGRESS!!

Im FAR from finish , the body is missing several design lines and fixes but this is a good start, and the Interior is in its blockout status...

the car actually looks about the same size as a 6gen, but compared to a same size 3D 6gen scanned from a real car I use to design parts the car is about a foot short.

for the people who say Im wasting my time... Im doing this because I can... and I like it! Im on my vacations so I have plenty of time, Im well aware this design will mostly never going to reach GM but still, its a way for me to keep improving my 3D and design skills and working on what I love to do

small Update for 1/5/19

After I had a little bit of time to work on this personal project I fix the wheel arccs and defined more the side Design lines, Im working on the hood and the front bumper

Please Remember this idea is NOT a performance Trim this is a DD v8 car what I call 350 Camaro

Coming soon 4 cylinder, Hybrid, full Electric, SS and Z-28 variants for the 7thGen concept.

Last edited by Sesiom Summers; 01-05-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Update 2!
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I still think the Camaro should shoot for a $25,000 base V8.

Borrow an engine(s) and maybe tranny(s) from the high volume selling trucks if needed. The Silverado has a 355HP 5.3L and A8/A10, right? Put in a slightly hotter cam and intake and drop it in the Camaro for the base V8.

true 100%, a low price base V8 car will greatly increase sales but for some reason GM is so focused of overloading even the base camaros with useless / performance stuff they are losing sales
Old 12-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I still think the Camaro should shoot for a $25,000 base V8.

Borrow an engine(s) and maybe tranny(s) from the high volume selling trucks if needed. The Silverado has a 355HP 5.3L and A8/A10, right? Put in a slightly hotter cam and intake and drop it in the Camaro for the base V8.
So it would be priced like a 4thgen Z28 20 YEARS AGO when they made about 1K per car and those didn't even have IRS

yeah wouldn't hold my breath.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
like the design,but no radio...sheesh.old people buy camaros too ya know.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sesiom has some good ideas but we all know that the 7 gen won’t share any features with the 6 gen for sure and with the way GM has been of late we really don’t know if the 7 gen will make it. The bean counters at GM may decide otherwise!
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Nice rendering, I'd buy it
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The only thing you missed in your survey was one of the big reasons fewer are buying a Gen6 is that it is hard to tell it apart from a Gen5. Your rendering is just a shrunken version of a Gen6 so you would miss the mark on folks that want something different.

Also, you can't make a car smaller, more compact and just say it's got a roomier interior. That is very, very hard to do in this business. GM has essentially failed at that in every car they've made in the last 20 years. "Bigger on the outside but somehow smaller on the inside than the competition".

Good effort though.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #8
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I will say one good thing about the pricing of the SS... ...it keeps all the young and reckless teenagers from owning them, getting out on the highway thinking they're invincible and plowing a 455 HP machine into a minivan filled with an innocent family.

There seems to be alot less irresponsible owners than there were with the 4th Gen V8's...

And the 6th Gen does offer reasonable performance at lower prices, the 3.6 V6 is quite a machine and the I4 shouldnt be taken lightly either.

In truth the SS is WAY overpowered for the street.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
I love the look of the 6gen , I get great MPG in my 1SS , I can see just fine out of my Camaro , I love my A8 trans and lastly I got it cheap in the end of the year close out sales ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The only thing you missed in your survey was one of the big reasons fewer are buying a Gen6 is that it is hard to tell it apart from a Gen5. Your rendering is just a shrunken version of a Gen6 so you would miss the mark on folks that want something different.

Also, you can't make a car smaller, more compact and just say it's got a roomier interior. That is very, very hard to do in this business. GM has essentially failed at that in every car they've made in the last 20 years. "Bigger on the outside but somehow smaller on the inside than the competition".

Good effort though.
I understand this very well, i actually work on design cars and cars parts, if the rear pillar/ trunk door of the Current gen is redisign to be hatchback, adjusting the rear seats further back you could increase your pasanger area and rooft as the C pilars will go further back, increasing the cargo/ rear pasanger area, also with the ability to fold rear seats foward and having the trunk and people area in one you usable cargo area could be get same of a small SUV, (this is the forst reason why I love my 4 gen,) Im Doing a 3D model of this concept so you guys can see not only a side render but the actual interior and 3D turnaround.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #11
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Good effort though.
Do not let this render fool you, the car front and rear end is 100% new design, I re use the 6 gen wheels as I was lazy but Im doing a 3D model so you guys can see this model better
Old 12-26-2018, 03:20 PM   #12
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
I love the look of the 6gen , I get great MPG in my 1SS , I can see just fine out of my Camaro , I love my A8 trans and lastly I got it cheap in the end of the year close out sales ..
Good! That makes you a minority!... And current sales prove it...
Old 12-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #13
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
The concept looks good, a little too much like the 6th gen IMHO, the 6th gen was not a revolutionary from the 5th gen , so the 7th gen should be. Give the car a real door window so you can put your arm on the door with the window down and you’ll get less of the claustrophobic feel when you’re in it , while you’re at it make the windshield a bit bigger as well, I’m thinking a 2nd gen inspired design.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #14
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Totally agree with the posters saying Camaro needs a low-cost V-8 option. That’s the winner just like it was the winning formula when the original Camaro came out.
cheap performance and several V-8 options for different buyers and price points.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote