Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Got to test the New GM 95mm and NW 103mm TB's against my stock ported.

So the results are in. This is John Miller STG 1+ H/C/ported MSD A8 build. We will be installing a U/D pulley later this week. All runs are in 5th gear. It is hot, humid and nasty out here. It actually just started raining.

I posted the best run for each set up. I gave each TB three runs once the car was tuned to see what was what. I never unstrapped the car and the runs were no more than 10 minutes apart.

Run 3 is pump gas stock ported TB, Run 6 is E70 with the ported stock TB, Run 8 is my ported GM 95mm, and Run 9 is with the NW 103 TB.

I posted the SAE numbers for us normal people and the STD numbers for the Northerners. LOL.

Name:  20180731_171318.jpg
Views: 3066
Size:  233.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20180731_182332_325.jpg
Views: 3453
Size:  110.3 KB
PRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
thanks for posting up both graphs! We should make that a new rule
Old 08-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #3
ZNix

Drives: 1987 Buick Grand National
Good work Pray! Thanks for sharing.

I would be curious to see how a ported stock vs ported 95mm on a stock IM and bolt ons would do.
ZNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #4
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNix View Post
Good work Pray! Thanks for sharing.

I would be curious to see how a ported stock vs ported 95mm on a stock IM and bolt ons would do.
That's next.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
As I reading the dyno, what is stock hp/tq with just a non ported TB?
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
As I reading the dyno, what is stock hp/tq with just a non ported TB?
I don't understand your question. Are you looking for stock numbers or this combo with a stock TB?
Old 08-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
aai

Brett Im planning to purchase this ported 95 to replace your ported oem. I have the EFI TB plate with O-ring gasket, do I still utilize that plate? Will it still work with ported 95 to the ported MSD? as always, thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #8
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by aai View Post
Brett Im planning to purchase this ported 95 to replace your ported oem. I have the EFI TB plate with O-ring gasket, do I still utilize that plate? Will it still work with ported 95 to the ported MSD? as always, thanks
It bolts right up with no spacer. It takes me a week to get the tab so let me know when you are ready.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #9
aai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
It bolts right up with no spacer. It takes me a week to get the tab so let me know when you are ready.
Roger that! thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #10
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
What needs to be done to fit this to the stock intake?

Does the TB table need to be adjusted in the tune?

Thx
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
What needs to be done to fit this to the stock intake?

Does the TB table need to be adjusted in the tune?

Thx
It will be ready to bolt on if you buy one from me. But yes, you will have to do a lot of work to the IM to get it to work. Or run a spacer that effectively defeats the purpose of having the larger TB. The front of the IM needs to be properly ported. I haven't taken the time to get everything nailed down in the stock IM yet to see if there will be a gain.

From what I saw, the tune will need to be adjusted in a few places.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #12
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
It will be ready to bolt on if you buy one from me. But yes, you will have to do a lot of work to the IM to get it to work. Or run a spacer that effectively defeats the purpose of having the larger TB. The front of the IM needs to be properly ported. I haven't taken the time to get everything nailed down in the stock IM yet to see if there will be a gain.

From what I saw, the tune will need to be adjusted in a few places.
So to be clear

1. Intake TB opening needs extensive porting to fit properly. I'm guessing the biggest problem is the size of the IM opening Vs the limited area to port. Or, an inexperienced person will probably be buying another intake

2. More testing needs to be done to varify any real gains on the stock intake.

I'm just looking to optimize the complete bolt-on.

I've got one of your ported TB that will be going on tomorrow, I'm old and lazy and have has it for a few months, so I'll be waiting for results, thx
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #13
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Brett what is your best recommendation for TB and intake for H/C and ported heads road race 1LE. Car sees more track then street. Looking to not put a whole in the torque band @4500. Also want nice linear power deliver. Thanks in advance.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:56 AM   #14
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
So to be clear

1. Intake TB opening needs extensive porting to fit properly. I'm guessing the biggest problem is the size of the IM opening Vs the limited area to port. Or, an inexperienced person will probably be buying another intake

2. More testing needs to be done to varify any real gains on the stock intake.

I'm just looking to optimize the complete bolt-on.

I've got one of your ported TB that will be going on tomorrow, I'm old and lazy and have has it for a few months, so I'll be waiting for results, thx
As always glenn, I won't sell something to you that hasn't proven to make power on the dyno and go faster at the track. So in my mind, until I can prove it works, it doesn't.

1. The stock IM will only go out to 92-93mm before you start getting into the seal. To ensure no cracking around the seal you will have to leave some meat. The will neck down the interior of the IM throat behind the TB. I have to get in there and see how wide I can get behind the TB opening of the IM. Or, we can cut out the seal and make a gasket and still see what needs to be done further in.