Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
Fatal crash involving a Camaro...

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...crash/6816001/

This happened last night here in Aurora. Looks like a 17yr old was driving the Camaro and struck head on by a speeding Explorer.

Hopefully no one we know here on the forums.

DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Thats terrible news
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
thoughts with the kid's family. Really starting to see a trend in red lights becoming less and less "important" to drivers, especially on the morning drive to work. I see at least 3 card on a weekly basis completely ignore a red light at some point. I guess the best defence is to stay vigilant, and always prepare for the worst possible outcome, even though it is not always possible to avoid something like this, we can always try.

I hit a car who ignored a red light on my way home from work about 3 months ago, and driving a silverado 1500, gave his car a pretty good hit (wrecked). I asked him what if I would have hit him in the drivers door area, instead of the rear? He could have been dead. People, please. No matter how good a driver you are, please take red lights seriously.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
Thats terrible news
Awful ... "habitual traffic offenses" and dui for the suv driver. People like this should not be driving.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
Awful ... "habitual traffic offenses" and dui for the suv driver. People like this should not be driving.
+1

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Always drive as if the other person is going to do the wrong thing. I drive my car like I ride a motorcycle, like everyone else is trying to run me over...
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Wow, that car took a massive hit. Look what it did to that curbside concrete planter. I also note the time was after midnight and this was a minor. I realize that's not real late for many young people, but as they say, 'nothing good happens' that late at night.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Mass and speed are deadly every time. :(

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #9
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
My BIL was killed by a DUI illegal running a red light as he was leaving his son's wedding reception. The rest of the family was in the car behind and watched him bleed out on the street. Another person in the back seat was ejected out the back window and died. A third person required multiple surgeries and survived.

The illegal had two prior drunk driving convictions without being deported. He got 56 years in the state pen (before "good behavior" cuts that in half). The boy that got married ended up divorced in a year because they could not put the tragedy behind them.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Sad so young. If all that was said was true about the explorer driver they need to go away for a very long time.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
I think my state has the most lienient DUI laws. I worked with a guy that got a DUI on a Saturday, No insurance and expired registration, (so suspended license immediately until court date) got busted the next Wednesday going 104 MPH with a BAC of .21. Once again ticketed and held in jail for 2 days until the judge didnt see him as a flight risk. 2 weeks later got another DUI. All he got was time served in jail a total of 2 weeks and he had to wear a ankle monitor (house arrest and work) for 60 days and license suspended for a year. Thats all he got for 3 DUI's thats pathetic.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
That's horrible, Indydriver! I have no tolerance or understanding for those who get drunk and get behind the wheel because that's a very simple choice. We moved to CO from NM where people roll around on their 16th DUI offense! How on earth does that even happen? We thought in CO (with their much more strict enforcement and laws) would have been better, but it looks like no location is immune.

My little sister was stopped at an intersection in her G35 when she was hit 3 years ago by a drunk driver who was in a Toyota Tundra going 70 mph the wrong way. Nailed her head on and then somehow kept going for another mile before eating a wall. This was in a residential area! One of her legs was crushed. She's still going through surgeries and will never be 100%, and is now crippled for life. This guy was on his 6th DUI offense. He was sentenced 1 year ago and they actually had this guy up for parole this year already. He was double the legal limit when he hit her. His family had the audacity to plea for this "really good man" who "made a mistake" and won't EVER do it again. The fact he didn't enroll in a treatment plan or counseling until days before his hearing, and the fact he was already on his 6th offense tells me he didn't really care at all and would definitely do it again. She's already blown through all the award money she got from the lawsuits, towards medical bills. For people who question those "large settlements" let me just say $500K does not go very far after a dozen reconstructive surgeries.

All I can say is watch yourself out there. You never know when a drunk in a vehicle is going to come at you head on. Even when my light is green I still check to the sides when crossing an intersection, you just never know.
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
I think my state has the most lienient DUI laws. I worked with a guy that got a DUI on a Saturday, No insurance and expired registration, (so suspended license immediately until court date) got busted the next Wednesday going 104 MPH with a BAC of .21. Once again ticketed and held in jail for 2 days until the judge didnt see him as a flight risk. 2 weeks later got another DUI. All he got was time served in jail a total of 2 weeks and he had to wear a ankle monitor (house arrest and work) for 60 days and license suspended for a year. Thats all he got for 3 DUI's thats pathetic.
That IS pretty ridiculous, but shows that laws don't solve a problem. Especially one where you release an offender and expect them to abide by laws that they've shown a history of not respecting.

Hope this kid's family finds peace somehow. I know I sure wouldn't be able to.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
Always drive as if the other person is going to do the wrong thing. I drive my car like I ride a motorcycle, like everyone else is trying to run me over...
ditto!
I used to get s frustrated with the husband for "trusting" the other drivers...

prayers and thoughts with the kids family :(