Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #43
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Norm do you spend anytime on the Mustang forums? Ha I'm so sick of the JD Power adds I just flip to another channel.The Camaro has never been promoted properly. Mustangs get plenty of advertising and Mopar hardly does any adds unless it has their high performance products in it. GM obviously doesn't care and expectspeople to buy cars just from those stupid JD Power adds. If I wasn't a full fledged GM groupy and I was looking for a new car or truck it would be hard for me to buy GM just based on their advertising. They just suck and its too late to save the Camaro with adds, its going to have to survive on its own, GM is not going to do it. Hey Norm, nice to have you on the forum. You must have a Vet or Camaro hiding in your garage, you just can't let the Ford guys know it. Love your input and unbias posts.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #44
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Took a walk up to Chevy dealer to see the 2019 in person since I haven't seen one on the road or out n about. The tail lights aren't that bad, especially next to a 2018 Hot Wheels with smoked lenses. They had four new ones and the salesman said they hadn't sold one yet. The new blue is an acceptable color, 2 shades darker than HB.

Last edited by 18LTLoveIt; 12-15-2018 at 12:41 PM.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #45
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Hopefully they keep it around, but don't dick around GM, put in more liters and more hp/tq.

I was actually shocked the other day when I saw a Camaro commercial on TV... shocked I tell you, black ZL1 too.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #46
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Norm do you spend anytime on the Mustang forums?
At least as much time as I spend on Camaro5/6. More, if you're going by post count over about the last month.

Quote:
The Camaro has never been promoted properly. Mustangs get plenty of advertising
Agreed on Camaro advertising.

I don't see much Mustang TV advertising - the little scrap I do remember seeing a while back was where the camera caught sight of a Mustang way off to the left as it zoomed in on some SUV/CUV that was front and center. Not a word was spoken about the Mustang, all you got was a couple of seconds seeing it just sitting there. If you blinked, you'd have probably missed it.

I do have a bit of Chevy history; had a 305/4-speed 1979 Chevy Malibu (bought new) that I kept for 33 years. Gradually built it up, mainly in an autocross/corner-carving direction, which was very different from what most people did with those cars. Eventually put a SuperRam'ed 355 and a Tremec 5-speed in it. Pissed me off that Chevy stopped offering manual transmissions in their intermediates only a couple years after I bought it. I'd had this car a little over 25 years when this picture was taken.

Norm
Old 12-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #47
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Although not announced, I still doubt the base C8 is going to be $150,000 hyper car. My guess is 6.2L base engine to start. Plus as long as there are truck V8s, you can have a high performance variant for not much more capital.
I don't expect the car to be that expensive either, but the rumors I keep hearing are an LTx engine as the base for a couple years, then everything after that will be TT DOHC V8s.

Sure, but the truck engines are 5.3 or 6.2. So, unless they can make a 5.3 put out as much power as Ford's 5.0, that engine is out. The only thing left is the 6.2 and I don't see GM doing anything more than that for Camaro.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #48
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
That's product.

Understand I know the people you are criticizing and married to the former Corvette Brand Manager.

You may not like the "real people" ads but we have opinions, GM has data.

And JD Power has much less to do with marketing, although marketing quality helps, oh wait that's what the Real People ads do, that is simply product quality and usability.

And the Cadillac move simply didn't do what they had hoped. Not sure how that even comes into the discussion of advertising. That move was not about advertising it was about culture.

Cadillac’s move to NY was marketing symbolism.

Real people ads actually produces a negative reaction.

Camaro has its shortcomings but it also has transformative performance properties that R&T literally said redefine the brand. Crickets from marketing.
Quote:
Cadillac’s big adventure in the Big Apple is coming to an end. The General Motors luxury brand is moving its headquarters kit-and-kaboodle — including even its worldly-wise marketing people — back to the brand’s roots in Detroit.

...Carlisle’s symbolism can’t be missed: He’s indicating that the shaky brand’s future must be rebuilt on excellent products — actual sheet metal and tires and chips and cup holders — rather than on relatively ethereal efforts to make well-heeled luxury-car buyers believe that driving a Cadillac makes a statement about their sophistication and lifestyle.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebus.../#6b2742555034
Quote:
...Despite being aware that almost everybody is annoyed by Chevrolet’s “Real People” series of advertisements, the automaker isn’t planning to stop anytime soon.

We’ve taken issue with these ads time and time again, but if you’ve so far been spared the misery of seeing people mistake a Chevy Malibu for a BMW or Audi, or gasp at how many meaningless awards Chevy flaunts for, like, first-90-days new car quality, then go ahead and check one out:
https://jalopnik.com/somebody-from-c...HQxWndQdWRvaTU.
Quote:
Although the ads have inspired parodies that poke fun at the concept of using real people, Chevy is sticking with them.

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...-still-running

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The only consolation to the Real People, Not Actors ads, is that they do not showcase the Camaro....If they featured a Camaro in those ads, likely sales would be worse.

The most cringe-worthy commercials ever made, yet GM sticks with it. smh...Maybe they translate better into Spanish or Chinese.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #50
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel19 View Post
Forgive me as I don’t know how to include the link on YouTube with this title. IS CHEVROLET KILLING THE CAMARO. However “Chevy Dude” on his channel has this title suggesting the demise of the Camaro. Any thoughts out there on this video?
OK here goes

(Start Rant) This guy is trying to build a YouTube Channel to make money and sell cars. Ever since the 6th Gen came out he's spread false click bait info for this purpose. Insider information claims are complete BS and as time goes by none of it comes true but by then it's on to the next rumor and everyone forgets the last one. This guy is a car salesman for crying out loud. GM does not share this kind of information period.

The list of cars getting cut has been published... Camaro is not on it as he said it would be last summer. I heard this rumor being passed around at CFest. Again, complete BS. But what a great way to get subscribers and make money. Gotta luv it. (End Rant)

Camaro is not going away, but then who knows what the future holds. Certainly not me or any car sales person.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #51

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel19 View Post
Forgive me as I don’t know how to include the link on YouTube with this title. IS CHEVROLET KILLING THE CAMARO. However “Chevy Dude” on his channel has this title suggesting the demise of the Camaro. Any thoughts out there on this video?

Yeah, a thread asking our opinion on a click-bait YouTuber's video in another thread....These click-bait YouTube videos, and the members who create them, are like a rash that should be stopped.

We need a thread to see if anybody has an opinion of what ChevyDude has to say about Mlee's posts...lol..
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #52
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
That's product.

Understand I know the people you are criticizing and married to the former Corvette Brand Manager.

You may not like the "real people" ads but we have opinions, GM has data.
You know how much you sound like “Baghdad Bob”?

“Baghdad is safe, trust me, I know for a fact there are no Americans here” while an Abrams A-1 rolls right past the office

You remember how each press conference he had more and more microphones on his podium? That’s you. Seriously.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #53
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The only consolation to the Real People, Not Actors ads, is that they do not showcase the Camaro....If they featured a Camaro in those ads, likely sales would be worse.

The most cringe-worthy commercials ever made, yet GM sticks with it. smh...Maybe they translate better into Spanish or Chinese.
How great would this real people parody ad have been in 2017?

Have the real people focus group guy sitting in the passenger seat of a SS 1LE as the driver weaves through a field of Porsche, BMW-M... passing a GT350 with its hood up with overheating steam rising…

Change scene to a SS pulling four car lengths on a GT as the light turns green at a drag strip...
All while the focus group guy rattles off statistics about 2016 Motor Trend car of the year, consecutive 10Best, Nurburgring times, 0 to 60...

Then scene changes to the guy driving down a back road with his girl in the passenger seat.
The product far exceeded its domestic competitor's as an affordable performance car reaching the performance levels of Germany’s best. What a Camaro is changed. That wasn’t messaged well.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #54
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Cadillac’s move to NY was marketing symbolism.

Real people ads actually produces a negative reaction.

Camaro has its shortcomings but it also has transformative performance properties that R&T literally said redefine the brand. Crickets from marketing.
Awesome! Please share the GM data. Links to articles (opinions)in the enthusiast press are interesting and all, but it's kind of like using an Op/Ed piece as News..
Old 12-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #55
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
NASCAR vehicles are no where close to any street car they try to represent. Nothing but decals on hand built vehicles to make them look like a Camaro, Mustang, or some Dodge. I used to watch NASCAR to lead me to a Sunday afternoon nap. Haven't watched in years. It's in real decline with more seats covered by tarps than those with fans in them.
Same here

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #56
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Awesome! Please share the GM data.
The same data that says Baghdad is safe.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote