#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2023, 04:44 PM   #15
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
Jealous of your location and the opportunity of ripping a new ZL1 down the Inland Autobahn to Nanaimo or Hwy 28 into Gold River.

Carry on...
Thanks. It's beautiful country for sure. I'm an Alberta immigrant but my wife was born & raised here. I made a deal with her a long time ago that when our youngest graduated she wanted to move "home" to Campbell River. I never figured I'd live that long so said "sure!".

On a different note I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but my Dad sold GM vehicles back in the 90's after he retired. I knew a few of the salesmen back then and figured I'd call one I knew pretty good back then and quiz him on ZL1 allocation. It turns out he is still working at the same dealership. He's been there close to 40 years now selling cars. Unbelievable! He said normally Camaros are automatically allocated, except ZL1's. Those get manually allocated, same as the Z06. He also said just because you're first on the list for a car that doesn't mean you get the next one. If a good customer comes in that buys their fleet vehicles there, gets their fleet serviced there, and he wants a Z06 or a ZL1 he will be the first one to get their allocation regardless of your order status. He said that was their choice at the dealership level, other dealers may do it differently. He is going to put in another order for the ZL1 I want but there are enough guys ahead of me that he figures I'll never get one from them as they will probably only get 1 or maybe 2 more before January and he has 10 orders in. He said it doesn't hurt to put in another order, if nothing else it shows GM there is demand.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote