Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-20-2021, 06:29 AM   #1
Buteman

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LT 6.
Wink It was a hell of a car ,,

It was the " good old days " as far as I'm concerned ,, but that's another story.
Well it took a while but finally I have a Camaro ,, always wanted one but never took that big step.

My wife and I found what we were looking for in a dealership in Calgary Alberta. It had practically everything that we wanted with the exception of sat.nav.

We live in central B.C. ( Kelowna ) and the dealership delivered the car a couple of weeks ago. Technology plain and simple intimidates me ,, if I switch a device on and it works then I'm a happy senior.

The car, a 2021 1LT six cylinder, RS Package, 20" wheels, 10 speed auto. Riverside Blue Metallic. I think this is the best car I've ever owned ,, with one exception.

In 1965 I bought a 1958 Chev. Impala two door hardtop for $ 1500.00 from a workmate of mine the car was in mint condition with only 32,000 miles on it. Single, good job, my own place and a Chevy. Impala in fire engine red ,,,, hello ladies.

I have the premium infotainment package ,, I have the " Apple carplay and the Android auto " hopefully I'll figure out how to use either one of them to simply have some form of navigation eg. Google maps.

Technology is wonderful and easy to figure out ,, as long as you know how !!
Buteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:39 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yeah,i have that problem too.got my first smart phone about 3 weeks ago.just keep practicing and things will get better.my daughter said when i sent my first text to her an oldies(70s) song"i believe in miracles" by hot chocolate came on the radio and she and her husband had a good laugh.congrats on the car,if i were to trade in my 5th gen you have the specs and color i would want...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Congratulations with the car!

Don't worry about the navigation. I think the Apple Carplay and Android Auto navgiation works a lot better than the built in one.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #4
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Congrats on the car! These cars look beautiful no matter the color.

Glad to see another manual!
Old 07-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #5
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Congrats now let's see a picture of it
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:02 AM   #6
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Congrats! I have a 2018 1LT/RS V6 with the A8 myself. These 6 bangers have come a long way, and make for a great daily driver
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Congrats, tech can be intimidating but if you have an IPhone the integration is seamless and painless. just plug into the USB port and off you go. Work your phone Nav just like normal and it comes up on your screen. I know at my local dealer they have an in house IT tech who will spend as much time as you need teaching you how to use the tech. Enjoy your Camaro.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I don't really understand why companies even offer built in nav anymore, Carplay/Auto are so much better and give you the best route based on traffic conditions. Anytime I've ever used a built in nav it takes me all over the place.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #9
Buteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I don't really understand why companies even offer built in nav anymore, Carplay/Auto are so much better and give you the best route based on traffic conditions. Anytime I've ever used a built in nav it takes me all over the place.
Yes indeed ,, it's called the joy of knowing what you're doing ?? ,,, I'm clueless when it comes to technology ,,,
Old 07-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #10
Buteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Congrats now let's see a picture of it
I tried ,, no idea how to do it ,,
Old 07-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #11
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
As I've stated a few times, I still prefer my built-in nav overall because of its nice DIC and HUD integration, and quite interestingly, it doesn't ever lead me astray, unlike google that did it a few times already. Before anyone calls me a luddite, I bought and installed a wireless Android Auto solution, so I don't even have to plug the phone in anymore. Google Maps and Waze are definitely a nice alternative, no question about that.

Nav integration is superior idea, its main downfall is manufacturers' unwillingness to provide very frequent updates, both in terms of data as well as graphics and rendering. It would be hilarious if it weren't simultaneously sad. It's these penny-pinching, customer-frustrating strategies driven by the MBA mindset that enabled the cult of Teslaism, and the truth is Elon Musk definitely got this aspect right from day one.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #12
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buteman View Post
I tried ,, no idea how to do it ,,
Several possibilities exist, some easier to deal with than others (I'm 73 and not a tech guru by any stretch of the imagination just so you know)

Scroll down below the box you're typing tour message in and you'll find an "Attach Files" option. Click the button and (I imagine) follow the directions.

Or you could open your own Album, which can be found in the menu that drops down when you click on the "User CP" button that's top center above everything but the Camaro6 picture on the left. Once loaded there, you should be able to click on the picture and copy the picture's link into your post.

It works similarly with 3rd party image hosting sites (sometimes including other forums). Just be aware that 3rd party sites such as Photobucket and imgur have been restricting embedding options and even image quality, probably in the interest of extorting bigger fees.

Norm
Old 05-10-2022, 06:56 AM   #13
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buteman View Post
It was the " good old days " as far as I'm concerned ,, but that's another story.
Well it took a while but finally I have a Camaro ,, always wanted one but never took that big step.

My wife and I found what we were looking for in a dealership in Calgary Alberta. It had practically everything that we wanted with the exception of sat.nav.

We live in central B.C. ( Kelowna ) and the dealership delivered the car a couple of weeks ago. Technology plain and simple intimidates me ,, if I switch a device on and it works then I'm a happy senior.

The car, a 2021 1LT six cylinder, RS Package, 20" wheels, 10 speed auto. Riverside Blue Metallic. I think this is the best car I've ever owned ,, with one exception.

In 1965 I bought a 1958 Chev. Impala two door hardtop for $ 1500.00 from a workmate of mine the car was in mint condition with only 32,000 miles on it. Single, good job, my own place and a Chevy. Impala in fire engine red ,,,, hello ladies.

I have the premium infotainment package ,, I have the " Apple carplay and the Android auto " hopefully I'll figure out how to use either one of them to simply have some form of navigation eg. Google maps.

Technology is wonderful and easy to figure out ,, as long as you know how !!
Congrats on the car. Sounds awesome. Pics would have been nice. lol

I have a 2017 F1FTY and never use the sat nav. The maps are outdated the day you take delivery. Using Carplay with Waze for me paired with my radar detector has served me well.

Enjoy those winters!! I had to move south from Canada to get more top down time.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #14
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Congrats!

Also:
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote