Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Hooker Headers cat-backs

Hey folks, who out there is running a cat-back from Hooker, and which one? There are two (if keeping the stock headers), and I'm leaning towards the dual-transverse option because it just looks a bit nicer in my opinion. But, I'd like to hear about experiences with either.

Also, is there much drone? I regularly drive long distances and the fatigue caused by a droning exhaust would not be ideal - my Eagle Talon TSi AWD had a terrible drone to it, and I don't really need to face that again. I don't know what exhaust was on it, but it looked like an HKS design. I used to run a Mongoose on my old s13 and that thing had zero drone yet still set car alarms off whenever I rolled by.

I'm not particularly interested in other options, unless drone is a big issue with Hooker. Borla certainly spark an interest, but at this stage I want a Hooker...

Thanks!
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
This one below? I looked and read and started a thread and came up with this choice. But if you want loud this one is not it. But with loud can come drone. Even Hooker says this one just amps up NPP, nothing crazy. I was going to buy one but now going in a different direction to get good sound. LTs + cats going through the stock NPP muffler.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
This one below? I looked and read and started a thread and came up with this choice. But if you want loud this one is not it. But with loud can come drone. Even Hooker says this one just amps up NPP, nothing crazy. I was going to buy one but now going in a different direction to get good sound. LTs + cats going through the stock NPP muffler.

Yeah I think I followed and commented on your thread. That one is the single-transverse, I'm thinking I want the dual-transverse. I'm also after the full cat-back rather than just the axle-back. I've watched their videos and like what I've heard, but haven't seen/heard anything from anybody who actually has one fitted.

I'm actually quite happy with the stock NPP, but my car was in a wreck a few weeks ago and there is a small chance I may actually need a new exhaust as it was pushed in at the back. If that rings true, I may as well grab something aftermarket rather than just buy a new stock NPP. Probably same cost I'd imagine. The body shop is certainly happy to work with me.

Good luck with your new setup! Looking forward to seeing all the results when they post them up.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote