#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Riding Dirty

Drives: 19 ZL1 1LE
GT350 vs ZL1 1LE

Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
Sorry for ruining the thread with this question, but how did you like the GT350? I don't see the GT350 in the same league as the the ZL1 (and definitely not a competition to the ZL1 1LE), even though on the used car market they're priced similarly. I would be curious to hear your thought on the GT350 vs an SS 1LE (since that's more of a direct comparison). I've watched the YouTube videos with these 2 cars, but I was wondering more from an owners perspective...

This question came up in another thread. Someone spotted my garage profile car was a GT350 and made a Ford joke. I traded my GT350 which I owned for 3yrs for the ZLE. Profile is now updated lol.
Riding Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #2
Riding Dirty

From an owner's perspective? Hmmm.... First off the GT350R which is a little lighter with carbon wheels, sport cups, carbon wing, and slightly stiffer suspension would be a better comparison. The regular GT350 could definitely be cross shopped price-wise. I paid 60k for the GT350 vs 68k for the ZLE.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
Riding Dirty

The ENGINES: This is really biggest difference. The Voodoo all the power is from 5-8k. The LT4 makes power everywhere.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:15 PM   #4
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
I've tracked a GT350 and own a zl1 1le. Night and day difference. Interior goes to the ZL/E; Ride quality would go to the GT350; Power goes to the ZL/E and fun is about equal. The 350 does win in the "theater" department though. I'd say the GT350 is faster than a SS 1LE but was slower than my Z/28 and substantially slower than a ZL1. It would be mugged by a ZLE on a road course.

All that said, at the right price, it's a Very fun car. The one I drove was on super sports so could pick up some pace with tires. I really respect the car a lot and the sound is incredible (both inside and outside).
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
Riding Dirty

My ZLE sounds like a dump truck compared to the GT350.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:44 AM   #6
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Thanks for moving this over! Of course I'm curious about the GT350, but this time around I see myself owning a Camaro. The sound is intoxicating from the GT350, but the seats felt like I was sitting up too high. They were the Recaro's, but they sit up high in this car. I liked the notchy shifter, but I didn't like the light clutch uptake. I wasn't an owner, but I've driven a few. I wasn't comparing the GT350 to the ZLE, but I was comparing it to an SS 1LE or maybe even a ZL1.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #7
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I could not justify buying a GT350 R or non-R. I just couldn't. I tried talking myself into it. But at the price they come in at they just have some very tough competition. The ZL1 obviously comes to mind in which case neither 350s can match it. The ZLE takes things even further. Outside of Camaros tho you have used Z06s hitting the same price range as a new GT350R. There are C6 ZR1s and Vipers that are also in the same price range. So against everything in it's price range whether older or new the GT350s are just outmatched. Some other cars they can beat. But when you factor in that those other cars have a lot more quality and luxury and tech which adds to their price then the GT350s are still outmatched when all is taken into consideration.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:32 AM   #8
Riding Dirty

The clutch does feel weird in the GT350. I think there's a Steeda spring to fix it. I had the Recaros. The bolstering was great. They are narrow and your back will get hot. The ZL1 seats are air conditioned which sounds silly, but it really does help.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #9
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
A good owners comparison between the ZLE & 350R
https://youtu.be/OoCjmJX_ArA
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote