Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #71
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Not worrying one bit, don't think the Camaro is going away anytime soon.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #72
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Not sure what the big deal is with sales. It's a kicka$$ car inside and out, period!! If they quit making them, I'll still be driving mine years down the road and smile doing it too.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It didn't seem to hurt the Camaro in the previous years since it came back though? Camaro actually has had pretty solid sales # in the winter months in years past
The entire segment always dips in the winter months. Maybe not this much - but the added pressure from an anti-car market isn't helping...it's hard to see the big picture when we're in the middle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
In January of 2010, when the economy was in the toilet, car sales were down and people were losing their asses all over..the 5th Gen sold well over 5,000 units.

Now in 2018 the 6th Gen, in a much better economy, is only selling a hair over 50% of the 5th Gen's numbers.

It's the car.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. In mine, you're leaving out a LOT of factors. The fact that the economy is in a better condition right now is part of the reason people are choosing SUVs over cars as a trend. So, in fact....the good economy could be concluded to be hurting the segments sales.

I don't believe it's the car. Certainly not as the only reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob GTO View Post
The Viper has NEVER sold that many units in a month. Lots of misinformation in this thread.
You're right - I completely mis-associated the numbers in my head. I thought the 1000s figures I remember reading for Viper where monthly...in fact, they were annual. My bad!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #74
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Want to know the difference between mustang and Camaro owners?

As much as I like Camaro and enjoy the rivalry I have never wished for the mustangs demise or furd.

People drooling hoping the Camaro gets axed. My my did the Camaro touch you in your private place as a child ? I mean my god how ridiculous can you be?

The rivalry as heated as it gets is one of the great things about these cars. It also makes them all better. Only a narcissistic fool with a screw loose would literally yurn for a car or companies demise because it hurts your ****** too much.

I would hope someone would put me down if I ever become so idiotic and childish
There is just a lot if bitterness about the Camaro outperforming the Mustang. Ford threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Mustang for 2018 and the only review so far says how far behind Mustang still is. It makes them bitter. I bet Ford sees a drop in Mustang sales in a few months. Lots of cheaper 2017s and early adopters.

Camaro still outsold the Challenger last year and I bet it does again. I've said it a million times, but why does no one think the Challenger writing is on the wall too? The 2018 Challenger shares nothing in common with a 2009 either, so save that excuse.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #75
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
There is just a lot if bitterness about the Camaro outperforming the Mustang. Ford threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Mustang for 2018 and the only review so far says how far behind Mustang still is. It makes them bitter. I bet Ford sees a drop in Mustang sales in a few months. Lots of cheaper 2017s and early adopters.

Camaro still outsold the Challenger last year and I bet it does again. I've said it a million times, but why does no one think the Challenger writing is on the wall too? The 2018 Challenger shares nothing in common with a 2009 either, so save that excuse.
Follow Challenger sales and Camaro sales sine 09. Challenger has made steady inclines overall and Camaro has delcined overall and at times has kisses challenger numbers and in this month under challenger numbers. That very old chassis has made improvements years after year in their sales. Camaro peaked with the Gen5 and has been falling ever sense.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #76
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
low sales, but what's the profit margarin? GM should know what they are doing...but, 3 things would help:

More marketing like a commercial that vin diesel does with dodge.

better price point....how about 29,995$ for a base V8....

hand brake is just so much cooler in a "sports" / "muscle car" than a electronic brake....

hope the refresh is great and sells well... or no 7th generation Camaro...
Wishful thinking with this profit margin stuff. The other points I completely agree on.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #77
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The entire segment always dips in the winter months. Maybe not this much - but the added pressure from an anti-car market isn't helping...it's hard to see the big picture when we're in the middle of it.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. In mine, you're leaving out a LOT of factors. The fact that the economy is in a better condition right now is part of the reason people are choosing SUVs over cars as a trend. So, in fact....the good economy could be concluded to be hurting the segments sales.

I don't believe it's the car. Certainly not as the only reason.

You're right - I completely mis-associated the numbers in my head. I thought the 1000s figures I remember reading for Viper where monthly...in fact, they were annual. My bad!
While the segments do drop in the winter months, the other two vehicles did not see as significant drops year over year
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #78
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
The Mustang has been ahead of Camaro because of it's lower price. However, for 2018 the Mustang GT base price (with freight) is now $35,995 vs $32,465 for the '17 model.
Load up an '18 Mustang GT Premium Coupe with the Performance Package, mag ride, active exhaust, digital dash, shaker stereo and now you are at 50k or more MSRP. So, no longer is Mustang a cheaper alternative to Camaro.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #79
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
I'm not sure what all the whining is about exactly - lots of speculation, pointlessly "discussed" and argued with no real answer. So, to add to it:

I wonder if the 6th gen Camaro is actually *too* good. I'm originally from the UK. American cars are generally considered to be big, wobbly, poor handling beasts in probably just about any country outside of the USA. Classic muscle cars are thought of as cool, but a novelty. Engines too big, guzzling gas like there were a hole in the tank, filling two lanes if driven anywhere but this in their home country. A stereotype for sure, but some truth in it to the extent that most people want a car to be "easy". An extension of their couch that they can just waft to work and back on. A to B and back again without any feel for it or notice of it. Not noticing the car at all is what they want, and anything available to shut it out is more important. If there is any love for the vehicle, it's as an accessory, not the joy of the drive.

The 6th gen Camaro SS isn't that at all. It's a driver's car. To get the best of what it offers, you have to love driving. It's not a car for people who cruise along in traffic with their face half in their phone, music blaring, arguing with their passenger/child in the back, or gossiping about the latest issue they feel the need to blabber about. It's not for those who are distracted. It's a true sports car, not at all acting like it's weight. It has dexterity, and enough torque to take any corner sideways whenever you want, if you want, or to be perfectly balanced even on the limit. It's an awesome achievement for what it costs, better than cars twice it's price. Unfortunately, those people who buy the cars twice it's price want the prestige and the label that those cars hold. A Camaro simply isn't serious enough. It'll put many cars to shame, but the buyers of those cars don't even consider it. The majority probably don't even know it exists. Other people simply don't get it. They don't know how to *really* drive a car, and don't see how good it is. For them, it's nothing special. For that money, they want something more comfortable, with a factory sub, and lots of cup holders and floor space for their collection of cups and fast food wrappers, year old mail and used tissues.

The kind of people who would probably love the current Camaro are those who drive cars such as the Miata and the 86 GT. They likely "get" a more involving driving experience, and the Camaro destroys those cars in performance. Such people likely also forgive any odd noises, minor body/paint issues, and loose trim. They're used to it, and will fix it themselves if it's too much of a bother to just put up with it, therefore giving them more time to simply enjoy the car. However, it's also a huge step up in price point, and they probably wouldn't look at it for both that reason and the fact that they don't believe it can actually handle like it does. They assume it's for straight lines only, and guzzles gas to boot.

So, in summary, the 6th gen is pretty cool. Perfect? No, but a fantastic platform on which to build to perfection with minimal changes (the stock throttle sucks, but that's standard in these times of electronic everything, and an easy fix).

My point is, I think... that I have no point. I'm just rambling, like everybody else. Enjoy your cars. They're awesome. All of them.

Note: I have a fully loaded 6spd 2016 Camaro 2SS. I have no idea what any other Camaro is like to drive. Mine is simply outstanding, though. And yes, I have track experience and a lot of miles under my belt. Thank you, drive through.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #80
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
I'm not sure what all the whining is about exactly - lots of speculation, pointlessly "discussed" and argued with no real answer. So, to add to it:

I wonder if the 6th gen Camaro is actually *too* good. I'm originally from the UK. American cars are generally considered to be big, wobbly, poor handling beasts in probably just about any country outside of the USA. Classic muscle cars are thought of as cool, but a novelty. Engines too big, guzzling gas like there were a hole in the tank, filling two lanes if driven anywhere but this in their home country. A stereotype for sure, but some truth in it to the extent that most people want a car to be "easy". An extension of their couch that they can just waft to work and back on. A to B and back again without any feel for it or notice of it. Not noticing the car at all is what they want, and anything available to shut it out is more important. If there is any love for the vehicle, it's as an accessory, not the joy of the drive.

The 6th gen Camaro SS isn't that at all. It's a driver's car. To get the best of what it offers, you have to love driving. It's not a car for people who cruise along in traffic with their face half in their phone, music blaring, arguing with their passenger/child in the back, or gossiping about the latest issue they feel the need to blabber about. It's not for those who are distracted. It's a true sports car, not at all acting like it's weight. It has dexterity, and enough torque to take any corner sideways whenever you want, if you want, or to be perfectly balanced even on the limit. It's an awesome achievement for what it costs, better than cars twice it's price. Unfortunately, those people who buy the cars twice it's price want the prestige and the label that those cars hold. A Camaro simply isn't serious enough. It'll put many cars to shame, but the buyers of those cars don't even consider it. The majority probably don't even know it exists. Other people simply don't get it. They don't know how to *really* drive a car, and don't see how good it is. For them, it's nothing special. For that money, they want something more comfortable, with a factory sub, and lots of cup holders and floor space for their collection of cups and fast food wrappers, year old mail and used tissues.

The kind of people who would probably love the current Camaro are those who drive cars such as the Miata and the 86 GT. They likely "get" a more involving driving experience, and the Camaro destroys those cars in performance. Such people likely also forgive any odd noises, minor body/paint issues, and loose trim. They're used to it, and will fix it themselves if it's too much of a bother to just put up with it, therefore giving them more time to simply enjoy the car. However, it's also a huge step up in price point, and they probably wouldn't look at it for both that reason and the fact that they don't believe it can actually handle like it does. They assume it's for straight lines only, and guzzles gas to boot.

So, in summary, the 6th gen is pretty cool. Perfect? No, but a fantastic platform on which to build to perfection with minimal changes (the stock throttle sucks, but that's standard in these times of electronic everything, and an easy fix).

My point is, I think... that I have no point. I'm just rambling, like everybody else. Enjoy your cars. They're awesome. All of them.

Note: I have a fully loaded 6spd 2016 Camaro 2SS. I have no idea what any other Camaro is like to drive. Mine is simply outstanding, though. And yes, I have track experience and a lot of miles under my belt. Thank you, drive through.

Those are some great points man. I agree with everything you said. I have a V6 Camaro with the six-speed manual and rs package and mine is outstanding as well. I've had the 4th 5th and 6th gen Camaro I've had one since my twenties and I'm pushing 40 these days. I have to say this is by far hands down the best off the lot.

You're absolutely right about the handling. people will never believe it until they try it. I just happened to stop in at a dealership while driving by and decided to test drive a turbo 4 and I was blown away how it handled. So much so that I put in my factory order for my car

Again good wright up man I don't think there's any need to be overly afraid of the Camaro going away anytime soon I think it's here for a while
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #81
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head. The days of driving enthusiasts and people who love driving are few and far between these days, it seems. Most people just want a vehicle to go from point A to point B.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #82
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Follow Challenger sales and Camaro sales sine 09. Challenger has made steady inclines overall and Camaro has delcined overall and at times has kisses challenger numbers and in this month under challenger numbers. That very old chassis has made improvements years after year in their sales. Camaro peaked with the Gen5 and has been falling ever sense.
Fake news 🤔

Camaro “interest and excitement” peaked in 2010 (which is the 5th gen). This was due to its restarted production after a seven year absence! I’m sure the whole “Transformer movie” hype helped too.

GM needs to advertise it better. The 6th gen is world class and most of the public still sees it as a strait line hp machine.

That all being said, IT ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE! 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #83
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Fake news ��
����
What is fake about it? The data is posted here and on C5 every month and its complete clear back to 2009. They even include total sale of Mustang and Camaro since the beginng.

Just because you dont like the facts doesnt make them fake. Too many people think that way these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #84
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
In January of 2010, when the economy was in the toilet, car sales were down and people were losing their asses all over..the 5th Gen sold well over 5,000 units.

Now in 2018 the 6th Gen, in a much better economy, is only selling a hair over 50% of the 5th Gen's numbers.

It's the car.
In January of 2010 Chevy sold 22,772 Silverados ,in January of 2018 Chevy sold 40,716 silverados . It’s a different market right now , and it’s a much much better Camaro then in 2010 .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote