Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #29
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
I have Suntek installed on my SS (full front coverage, hood, entire front fenders, rockers, door sills & rear bumper behind rear wheels) & I also have it on my '15 Durango R/T (my daily driver/work vehicle--installed entire full front coverage, halfway up the hood and front fenders & rocker panels). The stuff is is worth every penny! My Durango is 15 months old, has 34K miles and the front end looks fantastic.

I'm getting CQuartz UK applied this spring to exterior & CQuartz applied to interior as well (did same treatment on my Durango).
Nice to see a positive review on Suntek film.

My car has been coated with two applications of Kamikaze Miyabi. I had Opti-Coat on my previous ZL1. I'll be interested to see how the Miyabi compares. Just from the photos, the Miyabi appears to provide a higher gloss.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #30
Johnnysflooring

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray M6
I ordered my Zl1 this weekend in the nightfall gray but really wanted the black. Everybody told me I would be sorry with the black but these cars look so mean in black! I can still change the color. My question is does the process and film make taking care of a black car easier mad more manageable? I don't want to be a slave to the color.
Johnnysflooring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #31
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Nice to see a positive review on Suntek film.

My car has been coated with two applications of Kamikaze Miyabi. I had Opti-Coat on my previous ZL1. I'll be interested to see how the Miyabi compares. Just from the photos, the Miyabi appears to provide a higher gloss.
Esoteric is one of the best anywhere. Excellent choice. I can give you some feedback on the Miyabi coat as I coated my car with it. I did however use Kamikaze infinty wax as the second layer. Very impressive and top quality products and after a year (garaged car) looks as good as the day I installed it.

My biggest tip is more in the area of after care. For regular washing I use Gyeon Bathe+, which is a product the Esoteric also carries.

I do mostly rinseless or waterless washes on the coating and have found that Car Pro ECH20 works very very well with the Kamikaze products. It has 3 dilution ratios and can be used as waterless, rinseless, or detail spray. It is also developed specifically for coatings and man o man I love this product. It also works amazingly over PPF films. Can't say enough good things about this product. Works equally well over Gtechniq, and Blackfire crystal coat.

Another winner for cars that have been coated is Car Pro's essence+. It is designed to correct any small issues should they occur, with out removing the coating. It also has proven to work well over the few brands that I have used with out any issues. Here are the links if you want to have a look into them.

http://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-q2m-bathe-plus/

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ech20.html

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus.html

Here are a few shots. The one of the gill area shows how well ech20 work on PPF. Almost undectable.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nor Cal ZL1; 01-30-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #32
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysflooring View Post
I ordered my Zl1 this weekend in the nightfall gray but really wanted the black. Everybody told me I would be sorry with the black but these cars look so mean in black! I can still change the color. My question is does the process and film make taking care of a black car easier mad more manageable? I don't want to be a slave to the color.
Depends on your level of OCD. Both will make the car easier to clean, and less dust to stick. So yes it will make it much easier to clean, esp if you adopt to rinseless and waterless washing using the products I posted in my other response above. But nothing is going to stop dust, just makes it easier to deal with. Here is a guy demoing the new ech20 product on a super dirty car that would fall deeply into my pressure washing zone. But he pulls it off. Keep in mind a car with garage dust will take a fraction of the time that he has to take in the video. Mine takes waterless about 10 minutes. Rinseless which I use after driving, about 20 minutes. The wheel take the longest, so I usually blast them off with a hose then do them when I pull in the garage and start the rest of the process. Also coat the wheels makes cleaning much easier as well.

https://vimeo.com/198527630
Old 01-30-2017, 11:09 PM   #33
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Esoteric is one of the best anywhere. Excellent choice. I can give you some feedback on the Miyabi coat as I coated my car with it. I did however use Kamikaze infinty wax as the second layer. Very impressive and top quality products and after a year (garaged car) looks as good as the day I installed it.

My biggest tip is more in the area of after care. For regular washing I use Gyeon Bathe+, which is a product the Esoteric also carries.

I do mostly rinseless or waterless washes on the coating and have found that Car Pro ECH20 works very very well with the Kamikaze products. It has 3 dilution ratios and can be used as waterless, rinseless, or detail spray. It is also developed specifically for coatings and man o man I love this product. It also works amazingly over PPF films. Can't say enough good things about this product. Works equally well over Gtechniq, and Blackfire crystal coat.

Another winner for cars that have been coated is Car Pro's essence+. It is designed to correct any small issues should they occur, with out removing the coating. It also has proven to work well over the few brands that I have used with out any issues. Here are the links if you want to have a look into them.

http://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-q2m-bathe-plus/

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ech20.html

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus.html

Here are a few shots. The one of the gill area shows how well ech20 work on PPF. Almost undectable.
Thanks for the after care product recommendations! I will definitely check them out. Your car looks amazing.

Curious how you know about Esoteric Detailing?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #34
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Thanks for the after care product recommendations! I will definitely check them out. Your car looks amazing.

Curious how you know about Esoteric Detailing?
Just through research on coatings. I did quite a bit of it before taking the plunge. After trying some other brands which work very well, I decided on Miyabi coating for my Z, as it had a decent working time vs some of the others which can have some timing issues. They are very well known in the detailing world. He is one of the best detailers, anywhere, period.

My after care routine was mainly concerning garage dust, and my car spends most of its time there. It is often dirtier from sitting than driving. Many rinseless or waterless products do not play well on coated cars, so a regular two bucket wash just to get the car clean before taking a drive seemed to be too much, esp when it was just cleaned before parking it.

Then Car Pro released ECH20 exactly what I needed. A rinseless after a drive, and a quick waterless during the summer months before heading out on a road trip. I also carry waterless for on the road touch ups. I usually cover somewhere between 300 to 1000 miles when I take it out, so having some on hand takes care of any issues. Detail spray dilution is so good it is hard to believe, esp if you add some Car Pro Reload, or Gyeon cure, then its is insanely good

I rarely use the standard wash anymore, car hardly gets dirty enough to warrant it. When I do a standard wash it on one of the daily drivers which are coated as well. Each one has a different coating and thus a good test bed for product trial. All of them have great results to the Car Pro Ech20 when dirt levels are acceptable, or Gyeon Bathe+ when they have a level of dirt or contamination above my comfort level.

Anyhow hope I could provide some feedback and present some ideas. Look forward to seeing your results, and hearing how it all goes. There seems a million ways to do this.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #35
jesusmetal777
noob

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I started out looking to get XPEL film installed. The first two installers I visited preferred Llumar over XPEL. I had never heard of Llumar prior to my visits. I went home and started to do research on Llumar, and in my searching ran across a lot of high praise for Suntek. Just like the Llumar, I had never heard of Suntek prior to this. When you start to search for paint protection film, XPEL and 3M seem to grab most of the results.
OP what made you choose Suntek over XPEL? At a minimum I will be doing PPF in the spring, and possibly coating as well.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #36
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
OP what made you choose Suntek over XPEL? At a minimum I will be doing PPF in the spring, and possibly coating as well.
The reviews I found on Suntek said it had better self-healing properties, a smoother and better looking finish, and didn't stretch as much as other films.

You're probably splitting hairs at the differences between films. XPEL seems to do the best job marketing their product.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:56 PM   #37
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

I Picked up my car this afternoon and it's now safely parked in my garage.

I took some photos outside the detailer's shop before heading home.

Can't say enough how pleased I am with the results. Car looks fantastic. Now the fun begins trying to maintain the finish.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2017, 04:04 PM   #38
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Looks amazing.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #39
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
WOW. That looks incredible
Old 01-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #40
Nor Cal ZL1

Looks killer man! Congrats. Hit me up anytime if you have any detailng product questions. If I have used it I will give you feedback. If not I know someone who most likely will. If your on Facebook be sure to join up at Zl1 exclusive, a real cool group, with out the forum drama that sometimes occurs. Feel free to send me a pm if you have any troubles joining, or have any other questions detailing, or road course set up. My speciality is suspension and alignment tuning, and OCD paint care.
Congrats again your going to love it!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #41
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Looks killer man! Congrats. Hit me up anytime if you have any detailng product questions. If I have used it I will give you feedback. If not I know someone who most likely will. If your on Facebook be sure to join up at Zl1 exclusive, a real cool group, with out the forum drama that sometimes occurs. Feel free to send me a pm if you have any troubles joining, or have any other questions detailing, or road course set up. My speciality is suspension and alignment tuning, and OCD paint care.
Congrats again your going to love it!
Thanks. Appreciate the offer. I just created a Facebook account over the weekend so I will definitely check out the ZL1 group.

Esoteric Detailing highly recommended applying Kamikaze Overcoat after every 3rd or 4th washing. Have you tried it? Shit was $50 for a 100 mL bottle.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 PM   #42
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Can't beat the shine of a black car. Yours is drop dead beautiful.

ps. This is a lot of money, but this or something like this will do a lot to protect your paint. Many swirls are introduced not during washing but rather during the drying process. I paid a lot less, but have had my Master Blaster with a black car for more than a half a decade.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-MB-3CD-...+blaster+dryer

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote