Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #13133
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer_911 View Post
Another day of doctors visits and small errands. So let’s make it better by NOT taking the truck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Camaro tends to make any day a little better!

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #13134
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy View Post
Camaro tends to make any day a little better!

Heath

Agreed!

3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:40 PM   #13135
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Another day of doctors visits and small errands. So let’s make it better by NOT taking the truck....

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #13136
BZSS

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Finally part of F1FTY

Hey guys - I have finally made it to the elite F1FTY club about two weeks ago and I love love LOVE this car. I traded in my '13 BRZ for a used 50th 2SS coupe with the M6, NPP, MRC and ~25k miles. I pined for this car when it first came out, but just couldn't justify the price tag especially when I was planning my move from MA to NC. In the last 6 months I have been searching for one and finally found the right car pretty close to where I live. I actually bought it at a Nissan dealership that offers a lifetime power train warranty on every car they sell. It covers quite a bit and made me feel a bit better about buying my first used sports/muscle car. The BRZ and my previous 3 cars (don't ask, they were embarrassing) were all bought new. What always made the F1FTY special to me is that my dad has a year 1 '67 RS with the 327 and 2-speed powerglide. All numbers matching and just a gorgeous car. I just had to have this car.

What I have installed already:
F1FTY Floor Mats
ProClip Console Mount - They must have tweaked the design because mine is staying in solid even without using the tape
Red Tow Took - This one was a lot cheaper than the ZL1 one and supposedly can still function as an actual tow hook for autox days

Pending Delivery / Install:
ZL1 Start Button
Mirror Mount for Radar Detector
Radar Detector Mirror Harness with Extra Leads for Dashcam Install
Fuse Box Cover from Chris
A sh*t ton of Adam's car care products

I am really torn on the blacked out taillights and 3rd brake light upgrade. The mod looks awesome on your cars, but I really do like the red. Same goes for the F1FTY center console. I'll probably pull the trigger on the console soon enough though.

I wanted to read through the whole thread before asking questions, but I only made it to page 480 so far (you guys have a lot to say!).
Do you guys have this mat in your trunk? Not sure if the previous owner added it.
What are your under the hood washing techniques? I may be a little late for for the show scene, but I still want to enter her to a few shows around Charlotte.
If I put on a Borla Atak or similar system, do I keep the same silence in stealth mode? I would like to respect my neighbors while terrorizing the texting drivers on I-77.
And has anybody else noticed the F1FTY in the orange decal on the hood? I saw it on a YT video and didn't notice it before then. I thought that was really cool.
I have a ton on the "to-do" list as well. The main ones being fixing the splitter that was cracked before I purchased it and a bit of road rash on one of the rims. Ceramic coating is high on the list as well, but the Mrs. has given me the look a couple of times when I've been talking about what I've been planning. We're looking to move a bit outside of the city so it already took some convincing just to get the car. I don't want to push it too much right now.

I was fairly active in the FT86 community and can't wait to get to know you guys. Adam, I'm very excited in your build (cam'd, dirty exhaust, headers, etc.). My issue is that I don't want to risk that warranty. I'm sure it will only take a year or two before I say F it though . Obviously a thread is useless without photos, so here's a couple of my girl.

-Brian
Attached Images

BZSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:11 PM   #13137
Kaizer_911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZSS View Post
Hey guys - I have finally made it to the elite F1FTY club about two weeks ago and I love love LOVE this car. I traded in my '13 BRZ for a used 50th 2SS coupe with the M6, NPP, MRC and ~25k miles. I pined for this car when it first came out, but just couldn't justify the price tag especially when I was planning my move from MA to NC. In the last 6 months I have been searching for one and finally found the right car pretty close to where I live. I actually bought it at a Nissan dealership that offers a lifetime power train warranty on every car they sell. It covers quite a bit and made me feel a bit better about buying my first used sports/muscle car. The BRZ and my previous 3 cars (don't ask, they were embarrassing) were all bought new. What always made the F1FTY special to me is that my dad has a year 1 '67 RS with the 327 and 2-speed powerglide. All numbers matching and just a gorgeous car. I just had to have this car.

F1FTY Floor Mats
ProClip Console Mount - They must have tweaked the design because mine is staying in solid even without using the tape
Red Tow Took - This one was a lot cheaper than the ZL1 one and supposedly can still function as an actual tow hook for autox days

ZL1 Start Button

I am really torn on the blacked out taillights and 3rd brake light upgrade. The mod looks awesome on your cars, but I really do like the red. Same goes for the F1FTY center console. I'll probably pull the trigger on the console soon enough though.

I wanted to read through the whole thread before asking questions, but I only made it to page 480 so far (you guys have a lot to say!).
Do you guys have this mat in your trunk? Not sure if the previous owner added it.
What are your under the hood washing techniques? I may be a little late for for the show scene, but I still want to enter her to a few shows around Charlotte.
If I put on a Borla Atak or similar system, do I keep the same silence in stealth mode? I would like to respect my neighbors while terrorizing the texting drivers on I-77.
And has anybody else noticed the F1FTY in the orange decal on the hood? I saw it on a YT video and didn't notice it before then. I thought that was really cool.
I have a ton on the "to-do" list as well. The main ones being fixing the splitter that was cracked before I purchased it and a bit of road rash on one of the rims. Ceramic coating is high on the list as well, but the Mrs. has given me the look a couple of times when I've been talking about what I've been planning. We're looking to move a bit outside of the city so it already took some convincing just to get the car. I don't want to push it too much right now.

I was fairly active in the FT86 community and can't wait to get to know you guys. Adam, I'm very excited in your build (cam'd, dirty exhaust, headers, etc.). My issue is that I don't want to risk that warranty. I'm sure it will only take a year or two before I say F it though . Obviously a thread is useless without photos, so here's a couple of my girl.

-Brian

Awesome post! Welcome to Club F1FTY!

I haven’t modded mine (yet) with headers or exhaust. Medical issues this year took a toll on my mod money. Still stock on those, for now. Mainly cosmetic mods for me at the moment. I can list them if you’re interested.

Heath (KYBoy) has most of the awesome mechanical mods so far. And some great videos on installing and post thoughts on his installs. Lol that reminds me of when Heath and I met at CamaroFest and we installed my dark tail lamps in the parking lot since I bought so much that year. It was easier to wear the mods home than haul them lol.

The BRZ was a cool little car. But I think you will enjoy this much better. Very awesome about your Dad’s 1967. That’s rare these days for matching numbers.

And very impressive list so far. I love my proclip mount, as well as a few of the other small touches I’ve added over the years. Mine will be 4 next year. Wow time flies.

And yes we have a lot to say here lol.

But yes post often, ask questions, it’s all good. And pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #13138
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:

F1FTY Floor Mats

ZL1 Start Button

-Brian
Congrats on your acquisition. My mods are listed in my signature and are mostly cosmetic, except the GM-CAI. If you can get through the entire thread then you’re doing pretty good. We ARE pretty chatty at times.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #13139
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Quote:

F1FTY Floor Mats

ZL1 Start Button

-Brian
Adam (Kaiser_911) covered most of what I had to say. Good guy right there.

Welcome to Club FIFTY and congrats on your FIFTY!

Here is a link to a video of some of my mods. I've done a few more since then and probably forgot some. Take a peek at my channel for more up-to-date mods.

https://youtu.be/yK1nvkmh314

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #13140
BZSS

Quote:
Awesome post! Welcome to Club F1FTY!

I haven’t modded mine (yet) with headers or exhaust. Medical issues this year took a toll on my mod money. Still stock on those, for now. Mainly cosmetic mods for me at the moment. I can list them if you’re interested.

Heath (KYBoy) has most of the awesome mechanical mods so far. And some great videos on installing and post thoughts on his installs. Lol that reminds me of when Heath and I met at CamaroFest and we installed my dark tail lamps in the parking lot since I bought so much that year. It was easier to wear the mods home than haul them lol.

The BRZ was a cool little car. But I think you will enjoy this much better. Very awesome about your Dad’s 1967. That’s rare these days for matching numbers.

And very impressive list so far. I love my proclip mount, as well as a few of the other small touches I’ve added over the years. Mine will be 4 next year. Wow time flies.

And yes we have a lot to say here lol.

But yes post often, ask questions, it’s all good. And pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

I've watched most of Heath's videos up to page 480 something haha. He's got an awesome build as well. I'd love to see either car in person. The BRZ was a great fun little car though. My dad traded his M3 in for a C7 M7 Vette and he always says how he missed the Z3 because he could put it to the boards all the time and not be afraid of it. I can definitely sympathize now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Congrats on your acquisition. My mods are listed in my signature and are mostly cosmetic, except the GM-CAI. If you can get through the entire thread then you’re doing pretty good. We ARE pretty chatty at times.

I'm halfway there! I've been following a lot your builds, at least the ones that post heavily in this thread. My car came with a KN intake, but I have no idea if it was tuned after the previous owner put it on. One of the joys of buying a used car I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 10-02-2019, 08:01 PM   #13141
BZSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy View Post
Adam (Kaiser_911) covered most of what I had to say. Good guy right there.

Welcome to Club FIFTY and congrats on your FIFTY!

Here is a link to a video of some of my mods. I've done a few more since then and probably forgot some. Take a peek at my channel for more up-to-date mods.

https://youtu.be/yK1nvkmh314

Heath
Thanks Heath! I have subscribed to your channel as well and will definitely be following your videos
Old 10-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #13142
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
I have that trunk mat.. I love it. Stuff does not move.

Welcome.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #13143
BZSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
I have that trunk mat.. I love it. Stuff does not move.

Welcome.

Did you buy it separately? Not sure if it came with the car or not.

SOLD - 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary - H50, M6, NPP, MRC
Old 10-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #13144
Kaizer_911

Quote:
I've watched most of Heath's videos up to page 480 something haha. He's got an awesome build as well. I'd love to see either car in person. The BRZ was a great fun little car though. My dad traded his M3 in for a C7 M7 Vette and he always says how he missed the Z3 because he could put it to the boards all the time and not be afraid of it. I can definitely sympathize now .

I'm halfway there! I've been following a lot your builds, at least the ones that post heavily in this thread. My car came with a KN intake, but I have no idea if it was tuned after the previous owner put it on. One of the joys of buying a used car I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The C7 M7 is nice. A friend of mine has one and I’ve driven it a few times.

And I give you credit for reading 480 pages so far. Just a “few” pages here lol.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #13145
BZSS

Quote:
The C7 M7 is nice. A friend of mine has one and I’ve driven it a few times.

And I give you credit for reading 480 pages so far. Just a “few” pages here lol.

I’ve been lucky enough to drive the C7 and it’s one hell of a car. I can’t wait to drive it again after owning the Camaro, but my next visit will be Xmas time to Mass and his car will be hibernating for the season. I’ll be making a summer trip next year from NC to get pictures of the ‘67 and ‘17 together though.

SOLD - 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary - H50, M6, NPP, MRC
Old 10-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #13146
Kaizer_911

Quote:
I’ve been lucky enough to drive the C7 and it’s one hell of a car. I can’t wait to drive it again after owning the Camaro, but my next visit will be Xmas time to Mass and his car will be hibernating for the season. I’ll be making a summer trip next year from NC to get pictures of the ‘67 and ‘17 together though.

That will make a great picture!

And I will say the clutch and gearshift in the C7 feels the same as the M6 for those of us who have manuals (Ric, Heath, Myself are the manual guys lol).

Tags
50th, club fifty, f1fty, fifty