Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #309
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
.5 " less headroom
1" less leg room
.5" less shoulder room
2.5" less hip room

First 3 are o.k..... would have to eaae off the bacon and Jack Daniels for a few months to make that work....
less than what...C7?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #310
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
damn, length has jumped up to the 1982 Corvette
Old 07-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #311
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

This thing is an eyesore and an embarrassment. The Italians, Germans and Europeans in general are laughing their asses off at this poor attempt of copy of a REAL mid engine sports car.

There’s nothing unique about it. The front end looks like a Ferrari, the ass end looks like a Camaro , the sides look like an Aventador, and the top slopes like an R8. The cockpit is for horse jockeys...really.

Performance...old people don’t drive fast.....lol....but enthusiastic people will enjoy it.

And if it’s really gonna be $60,000....you’re gonna get a $60,000 car. I wouldn’t be excited about that. Like any new car...especially an attempt at a mid-engine sports car (Screen shot this so you can prove me wrong)...but this car...it’s gonna have problems out the ass.

There is absolutely nothing special about this car folks.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #312
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Front tires are skinny...
They usually are for a mid-rear engined car. They normally carry 40% or less of the overall weight, so sticking big tires out front doesn't do much.
Quote:
so "Dry Weight" 3366. Dry means no fluids at all? so what are we talking about another 50lbs "wet"?
It varies. I think normally the curb weight is around 200 pounds more than the dry weight for a car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #313
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

This thing is an eyesore and an embarrassment. The Italians, Germans and Europeans in general are laughing their asses off at this poor attempt of copy of a REAL mid engine sports car.

There’s nothing unique about it. The front end looks like a Ferrari, the ass end looks like a Camaro , the sides look like an Aventador, and the top slopes like an R8. The cockpit is for horse jockeys...really.

Performance...old people don’t drive fast.....lol....but enthusiastic people will enjoy it.

And if it’s really gonna be $60,000....you’re gonna get a $60,000 car. I wouldn’t be excited about that. Like any new car...especially an attempt at a mid-engine sports car (Screen shot this so you can prove me wrong)...but this car...it’s gonna have problems out the ass.

Does that Clemson game still have you all cranky?
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #314
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
so "Dry Weight" 3366. Dry means no fluids at all? so what are we talking about another 50lbs "wet"?
I have the press release. I states dry weight as 3,366. Add 7.5 qts of oil and I think passenger weight (an assumed number...something like 175 lb) to get to curb weight.

CORRECTION: Passenger is only included for GVW
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #315
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

Tell us what you really think about. No need to be shy.....
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #316
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Does that Clemson game still have you all cranky?
Hey Jimmy. Yes...but it didn’t affect this...to go from that beautiful C7 to this, is just terrible... and I’m incredibly objective because I strongly dislike corvettes... but I know a beautiful car when I see one...this ain’t dat.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #317
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
.5 " less headroom
1" less leg room
.5" less shoulder room
2.5" less hip room

First 3 are o.k..... would have to eaae off the bacon and Jack Daniels for a few months to make that work....
Funny, cause they said in the reveal last night that it offered more room.

Quote:
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

Yep, nothing special about a mid engine Corvette with 500HP that will compete with and beat other performance cars costing in the multiples of it's price. Nothing to see here folks.

May as well just buy a Civic and get it over with.

LOL. Can't please em all.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #318
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Quote:
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

I respectful disagree. under 60k, mid engine performance with 0-60 less than 3 seconds.....let me guess, you're also angry that it doesn't have a stick shift so its not "a real sports car"
Its a great evolution for the corvette. Can't wait to see one in person.
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #319
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
at 60K, they aren't trying to be an Ferrari or a GT or anything but a Corvette. It was fairly clearly stated, and I suppose they could be lying cuz they have to, but it was stated they have to go mid-engine in order to improve over the C7 performance. I think it clearly looks like a Corvette, yes, not nearly as "beautiful" as a $350,000 Ferrari, but I can't afford a Ferrari, so I'll take a C8 and have some fun.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #320

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I hope it has more room....I need it....Even the 6thGen Camaro is too tight...

I'll compare at a showroom once the dust settles...

For my money, I'll let the early adopters get the bugs worked out in the first year....If all good, a well-depreciated used one would be a good bargain. Keeping in Corvette tradition, I think the used prices will drop like a ton of bricks on these as well....Not a bad thing.

Always loved Corvettes, but just a little too impractical. Ironic that a mid-engine might be more livable with cabin and cargo space. Will take a serious look at these in the near future.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #321
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Hey Jimmy. Yes...but it didn’t affect this...to go from that beautiful C7 to this, is just terrible... and I’m incredibly objective because I strongly dislike corvettes... but I know a beautiful car when I see one...this ain’t dat.
To me, it mainly looks like a mid-engined C7. Not sure how you could love the styling of the C7 and then go on to hate this. I've never quite liked the looks of the C7 (its not bad, just a bit too busy) so I'm not in love with this. But again, that doesn't make it an abomination that deserves to cleansed from the earth as swiftly and as brutally as possible.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #322
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Yep, nothing special about a mid engine Corvette with 500HP that will compete with and beat other performance cars costing in the multiples of it's price. Nothing to see here folks.

May as well just buy a Civic and get it over with.

LOL. Can't please em all.
Also: when haven't the European supercar crowd looked down at Corvettes? Its always been that way, and it won't change as long as they see the Corvette as a cheap American car build by yokels. And since its affordability and 'Murica-ness are keys to its identity (being built by 'yokels' ... less so, but thats more a PR issue than anything based in reality), I can't see it ever changing.

Camaro Fest sub-forum