Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #15
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Question1: because there isn't much low signal going to the rear speakers to begin with. Most of your low signal is already filtered or processed to go to your front speakers by the factory amp. No point in filtering out what's already filtered out.

Question2: I'm not running a 5000W amp. It's a 250W amp. There's not much cabin space in there so, you don't need a lot of power to get a nice clean thump. If you're going to put in some kind of competition system, then you may want to think about upgrading the battery or adding a cap. Otherwise, all is good as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAss View Post
How come you only add the 200 hz high-pass filters only to the front speakers, but not also the rear ones?

Any idea on how safe is this for this kind of car - without any kind of battery upgrade? i.e. what's a safe subwoofer power level to run.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Darth Martel have you made a sound clip of your upgraded system yet?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #17
CleanAss

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Another question mate,

What did you use for accessory power to run the "remote" wire to the amp?
CleanAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #18
CleanAss

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I can confirm that I have followed this guide and successfully installed a system. I didn't use a remote wire for the amp as I have a JL amp that can turn on by sensing signal input. Overall system is 600W with 10" JL sub that hits incredibly hard I am afraid I might go deaf.

I haven't used the filter for front end speakers to reduce the bass on them, but that does seem to be the first limit in the system. A guy at a shop told me they might damage the factory amp. Have you had any issues?
CleanAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #19
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
Darth Martel have you made a sound clip of your upgraded system yet?
No sound clips, sorry. I just don't think Iphone vids capture the sound detail enough. The way I setup my sound systems though is when I'm done, I can close my eyes and not tell from what direction the sound is coming from. I'm enveloped in sound and I hear full range of the music and feel the punch of the bass. I plan on upgrading my front speakers at some point to get a better reproduction of the source but, for a mostly stock setup, I'm pretty happy.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Quote:
Another question mate,

What did you use for accessory power to run the "remote" wire to the amp?
The amp I'm using, also a JL Audio has a signal sense feature so it turns on just from that. It shouldn't be a problem though to tap off from that wire on the factory amp.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #21
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Quote:
I can confirm that I have followed this guide and successfully installed a system. I didn't use a remote wire for the amp as I have a JL amp that can turn on by sensing signal input. Overall system is 600W with 10" JL sub that hits incredibly hard I am afraid I might go deaf.

I haven't used the filter for front end speakers to reduce the bass on them, but that does seem to be the first limit in the system. A guy at a shop told me they might damage the factory amp. Have you had any issues?
The filter will not damage the factory amp. It will produce the same power and send it out to the speakers. It simply filters out frequencies lower than 200Hz. They should help the front speakers longevity as they won't be straining to reproduce those frequencies which they can't really handle to begin with. Instead those frequencies are handled by the sub.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #22
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
No sound clips, sorry. I just don't think Iphone vids capture the sound detail enough. The way I setup my sound systems though is when I'm done, I can close my eyes and not tell from what direction the sound is coming from. I'm enveloped in sound and I hear full range of the music and feel the punch of the bass. I plan on upgrading my front speakers at some point to get a better reproduction of the source but, for a mostly stock setup, I'm pretty happy.
I hear ya. Thanks for replying. I plan on running one 12" or two 10" subwoofers. I plan on upgrading all speakers this winter while the car is in storage. Thanks for the step by step DIY and pictures!

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Old 06-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #23
Hyper1SS

Have you thought about adding a pair of 6x9 speakers to the rear deck Darth Martel?

Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #24
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
Have you thought about adding a pair of 6x9 speakers to the rear deck Darth Martel?
Sorry man, was on vacay and have done minimal browsing around here since my last post.

No, I don't plan on adding anything to the rear deck. Hell, the other rear speakers are practically silent as is due to how I've got the fader setup. The front speakers carry the brunt of the load while the sub obviously takes care of the low end of the load very well. As long as you can close your eyes and not really tell where the sound is coming from, you're just kind of surrounded by it, then your setup is on the money. From that standpoint, front speakers and the sub is all you really need. I think, down the line, I may upgrade the front speakers and possibly get something that separates the channels and an amp for the fronts but, I'm fairly satisfied with the current setup. It's by no means awesome or amazing. Except for the sub, it's still just the stock system so let's not have false expectations. It's good enough, for now, until either the encoded output of the MyLink gets figured out or I want to spend the money on the hardware necessary to do what I want.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #25
JM2016

Drives: 2016 1LT Black Beauty
Darth Martel, NICE INSTALL! Did you connect your power wire (leading to the amp) to the 100amp screw coming off the positive battery terminal?
JM2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #26
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I want to say yes but honestly I can't remember. I think it was the 100A. It wasn't the 250A.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:07 PM   #27
JM2016

Drives: 2016 1LT Black Beauty
Ok. Thanks for the Pics.
JM2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #28
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
I went with speaker-level. Also unanswered is the question of what wires feed the exhaust tone into the amp. I verified that the signal does exist in the 1SS. When I first installed the amp/sub combo, I tested it with the engine off and everything sounded fine. When I fired the car up, the low exhaust rumble was amplified through the subs. It was unpleasant to hear. Unplugging a connector removes it.

Which one should i unplug to prevent this? Sorry if you have answered this already.
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote