Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #57
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
DorkMissile, absolutely fantastic job and pictures! Thanks for sharing
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:51 PM   #58
Cujo159

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm dragging this up from the dead.

I too have the E2-X can and am seriously frustrated with the lack of completeness of the "Kit" and utter lack of directions from a 6th gen camaro application. Thank you to everyone in the various forum posts that have either helped or come up with solutions.

I found a place on the back of the radiator fan to mount the Can but I'm not convinced it won't start to rotate with miles and vibrations. For now, I'm leaving it there until I decide what a better solution is prior to completing my install.

For the following, please see my attached picture. My goal is to minimize the number of extra parts I need and neither drill nor remove anything from the OEM system while maintaining all possible OEM lines in place.

Theoretical Solution:
There are the 2 "extraction" ports for the system; #1 is for the PCV system and number #2 for the CCV system. Can I connect #1 and #2 to the Catch Can intake line via a "T" connection, or are the pressures at these two ports different enough as to not allow proper function of the can when a vacuum is maintained on the can? If I were able to "T" these lines together, my plan would be to plum the exit lines as shown; one would go to the port behind the throttle body and one would go to the port behind MAF. The configuration would allow me to keep the sound tube and not have to find a way to cap it and prevent the need to drill an extra port into the intake tube. This would also remove the need for the clean-side oil filler cap replacement.

If the above "T" line solution is not possible due to pressure differences, do you have an adaptor to connect a Catch Can exit line to the existing sound tube elbow? Will this opening be too large to provide sufficient suction? Would it be beneficial to add one of your 1-way check valves to the clean-side extractor to the vacuum port behind the MAF?

Thanks in advance for the community's continued help.
Attached Images

Cujo159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #59
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
just got mine installed by lsxdr last week! it was a 3 port for a supecharger setup i got off a forum member but he made it work!
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #60
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
just got mine installed by lsxdr last week! it was a 3 port for a supecharger setup i got off a forum member but he made it work!
I'd be careful with this configuration, I had one set up just like that on my twin turbo car and ended up blowing out a rear main seal because there wasn't proper crankcase ventilation. I ditched it and bought a Mighty Mouse Wild.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #61
kropscamaro16

thanks but lsxdr does ls/lt builds all the time so i trust him hes one of the best go to guys in socal ...
Old 07-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #62
Umbriel

Quote:
thanks but lsxdr does ls/lt builds all the time so i trust him hes one of the best go to guys in socal ...
Disregard, I read your post wrong. I thought you had a supercharger not using one from a car that had a supercharger, and my dumbass didn't even notice it being N/A in the pics. You will be fine with yours.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #63
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Disregard, I read your post wrong. I thought you had a supercharger not using one from a car that had a supercharger, and my dumbass didn't even notice it being N/A in the pics. You will be fine with yours.

haha thanks you scared me for a minute i was going to say i emailed elite before i got it installed to ask them and they said it would be fine lol had to custom make the mount/bracket but it all worked out looks pretty oem
Old 07-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #64
Umbriel

Quote:
haha thanks you scared me for a minute i was going to say i emailed elite before i got it installed to ask them and they said it would be fine lol had to custom make the mount/bracket but it all worked out looks pretty oem
Yeah looks good and will be perfectly fine, I guess it's just a Monday for me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2021, 01:35 PM   #65
kropscamaro16

haha all good thanks!