Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Infotainment/HUD Issues w/ Android Phone

I'm posting in the hopes that someone else -with an Android phone- may have encountered any items like this and may have a fix:

- Phone connects correctly to Android Auto via USB, does not always connect to Bluetooth for phone audio. Infotainment screen will show indication of incoming call, but you can't actually answer the call and talk with the caller.

- No audio from the audio system. Have to force the Infotainment system off (long press the "power" button for more than just mute) and then back on again multiple times to get audio. When it does finally begin working, volume level has been set to 0.

- I have the HUD set to show speedometer plus audio info. Incoming calls will show the phone number here during the call. Upon hanging up, audio info is not restored (phone number remains).

- Forcing power down of the Infotainment system will show "Audio off" in the HUD. Powering the system back on does not update the HUD info and continues to show "Audio off." Cycling through the secondary data items in the HUD will show correct audio info upon returning to that screen.

- Android auto will attempt to do initial setup even though the phone and Infotainment system have a saved entry for "the other" device.

- I have a thumb drive connected with a large number of MP3 files. Selecting USB as the audio source does not always restore the "Shuffle" setting (which I always use). Leaving the USB as the source and turning the car off and back on will also sometimes result in the Shuffle setting getting disabled.

I've added the HUD and USB items predominantly because of the chance that they are interrelated because I do use Android Auto which operates over USB.

I have personally done software updates on the car 3 or 4 times. My phone is exactly the same phone (Google Pixel 3 XL) that I owned when I first bought the car and have kept its software up to date throughout the course of time as well. Aside from the monthly security and feature updates that I install when Google releases them, I have only done one overall Android update from Android 10 to Android 11 in the September 2020 timeframe. Largely, the issues (aside from the Shuffle option) had gone away after a couple of months of owning the car. But, they're all back and with a vengeance and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and fixed them (especially the ones related to the phone).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #2
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Have the same issues with my Pixel 4. I think it is all about infotainment 3 system bugs. Have Mylink before, no such issues.
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTwin86 View Post
Have the same issues with my Pixel 4. I think it is all about infotainment 3 system bugs. Have Mylink before, no such issues.
What do you have plugged into the various USB ports?
Old 06-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #4
LTwin86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
What do you have plugged into the various USB ports?
I have only server phone in USB to make a wireless android auto.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
I have only server phone in USB to make a wireless android auto.
Server phone? Meaning a phone connected to be a "passthrough" for Android Auto so that your phone connects to it wirelessly?

Are you having the same sort of lack of audio from the phone through BT, issues with HUD display, or anything else?
Old 06-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #6
LTwin86

Quote:
Server phone? Meaning a phone connected to be a "passthrough" for Android Auto so that your phone connects to it wirelessly?

Are you having the same sort of lack of audio from the phone through BT, issues with HUD display, or anything else?
Yes, with server phone which lives in the car i connect to Android Auto wirelessly. After a few weeks this feature will arrive, and no more server phone inside the car.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...te&utm_term=#/
Yes, lack of audio sometimes and issue with HUD. You can kill HUD bug if just put INFO button on HUD button slot. After that HUD will become normal.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Yes, with server phone which lives in the car i connect to Android Auto wirelessly. After a few weeks this feature will arrive, and no more server phone inside the car.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...te&utm_term=#/
Yes, lack of audio sometimes and issue with HUD. You can kill HUD bug if just put INFO button on HUD button slot. After that HUD will become normal.
is the Pixel 4 the phone you're leaving in the car? Or is that your actual phone that you use as a phone?
Old 06-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #8
LTwin86

Quote:
is the Pixel 4 the phone you're leaving in the car? Or is that your actual phone that you use as a phone?
Pixel 4 is my main phone, server phone is a cheap HTC.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Pixel 4 is my main phone, server phone is a cheap HTC.
There are no HTC phones on Chevy's BT compatibility list. I would suspect similar for USB connectivity / Android Auto functionality, but there appears to be ZERO information available around this aspect. And, transparently, it's the USB support and connectivity that I believe is at the heart of most of the issues.