Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Can you see where it ends or is it noticeable?
You really can’t. There are seams on the front fascia but they are in areas where you don’t notice. The installer seamed it into the strips (preserve matte finish) and wrapped the edges around. You couldn’t tell anything is there.

I paid $1,500 this time for front fascia, hood, mirrors, door cups and the area ahead of the rear tires. I did the same on my ZL1 plus both front fenders for $2,000.

Todd at Clearbra Wisconsin.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #30
Mosaic6SS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I’ve put Xpel on my last three cars. It works.

I bought my 18 HW last August and have driven it daily to work on a highway project that is expanding from three to four lanes. Literally torn up everywhere with tight lanes ...plus the abuse of Wisconsin winter. I have no damage on the warped areas after 6k miles
I also have NoviStretch and I like it. My hood is wrapped so with the two I have a good amount of protection. I am interested in the PPF but want to get the right installer and the right protection film.

I have a few questions about the Xpel.

My question is how is the reflective quality (shine) in comparison to the paint? I’d also like to know how is the durability, if a rock hits it will it remain sealed?

** Highly recommend NoviStretch for low cost front bumper protection option **
Mosaic6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic6SS View Post
I also have NoviStretch and I like it. My hood is wrapped so with the two I have a good amount of protection. I am interested in the PPF but want to get the right installer and the right protection film.

My question is how is the reflective quality (shine) in comparison to the paint? I’d also like to know how is the durability, if a rock hits it will it remain sealed?

Watch this

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I consider Xpel and Novistretch to be two different decisions that sort of overlap. For bug protection and some light debris protection, especially on road trips, Novistretch is a great choice. I’ll be using my Novi on the drive to CamaroFest. Xpel and other PPF type solutions are probably the best bet for everyday “$#!t happens” sort of situations.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #33
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
My question is how is the reflective quality (shine) in comparison to the paint?
Suntek Ultra is generally regarded as best in appearance overall; better than Xpel Ultimate and 3M Pro for orange peel and haze.

Pics here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=301

Quote:
I’d also like to know how is the durability, if a rock hits it will it remain sealed?
Small pea gravel sized and stuff that sticky ZL1 tires kick up: yes.

>1/2" rocks falling off the backs of dump trucks on the highway at 70+mph: no.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #34
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
You really can’t. There are seams on the front fascia but they are in areas where you don’t notice. The installer seamed it into the strips (preserve matte finish) and wrapped the edges around. You couldn’t tell anything is there.

I paid $1,500 this time for front fascia, hood, mirrors, door cups and the area ahead of the rear tires. I did the same on my ZL1 plus both front fenders for $2,000.

Todd at Clearbra Wisconsin.
And it really does prevent rock chips? The hood on my car looks like a minefield from rocks
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #35
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
And it really does prevent rock chips? The hood on my car looks like a minefield from rocks
That’s my thing. Aren’t u guys having the rocks penetrating the film any way? Yeah it helps and make the chip smaller, but I still got chips through the premium 3m film(2013). I said I wouldn’t do it again and just put the money toward a repaint it when the time comes.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
That’s my thing. Aren’t u guys having the rocks penetrating the film any way? Yeah it helps and make the chip smaller, but I still got chips through the premium 3m film(2013). I said I wouldn’t do it again and just put the money toward a repaint it when the time comes.
My hood probably has 20 little chips in it. Filled some in with touch up paint and jut today noticed 3 or 4 new ones
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #37
nelsont

Drives: 2018 2SS Hot Wheels Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I live in SE NC and we get a lot of bugs 6 months out of the year. They are difficult to clean off and will damage the paint if left on too long. So, I am considering getting a Bra for mine. What are the downsides as well as the upsides of these? What experiences have anyone here had? I very rarely drive in the rain and it is stored under cover. Suggestions, please? Thanks.

used the Novi stretch on my 5th Gen. great product. had clear paint protection on my 6th gen. Love it, clean up is a breeze. Novi stretch will certainly help with the bug intake though!

Tim
nelsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #38
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I consider Xpel and Novistretch to be two different decisions that sort of overlap. For bug protection and some light debris protection, especially on road trips, Novistretch is a great choice. I’ll be using my Novi on the drive to CamaroFest. Xpel and other PPF type solutions are probably the best bet for everyday “$#!t happens” sort of situations.
I traded my RS and forgot to remove the hardware for my Novistretch. I contacted the company and they sent me new hardware for my SS free!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #39
XPEL

Drives: All Makes and Models
XPEL

Quote:

The XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS PPF is designed to match your paints finish so that there will not be a noticeable difference between panels that are protected and panels that are bare paint. The video below that hotlap posted will help explain this better.

Quote:
Watch this

Thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
We couldn't agree more.

If any of y'all are going to be at Bloomington Gold this week, stop by the XPEL booth as we'll be doing on-site installations in the garage on Corvette and Camaro.
XPEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #40
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned Xpel Tracwrap for trips. I'm going to be putting it on one of my cars for a 5k mile road trip this year so I don't have to clean it during the trip. When I get home I'll remove and trash it
Old 06-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #41
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Spent $2K to put on 3M Pro and never looked back. Best $$$ I ever spent.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #42
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Clear bra on my 2010 and no damage after 8 years even with some serious rocks on a track. Only paint chips were on the top of the fenders and where I was a bone head and gouged it. Basically covered my 2018 except for the wrapped hood. No chips so far but I consider the hood wrap as sacrificial. These tires are nuts for tossing small rocks around and get them all over. I even get rocks in the cockpit going through the parking lot, Modern paint sucks and chips easily. Clear bra lasts, but recommend paint correction first.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote