#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
Need rear suspension toe adjust bolt part number

I have a wheel alignment question for my 2016 SS, I get it done at an alignment shop, I get as many as I want until mid 2020, there alignment machine tells them to replace driver side rear suspension toe adjust bolt, the current toe numbers are 0.21, should be 0.20, It’s a torque-to-yield or single use fastener bolt. I went to a Chevy Dealer and asked them about this, they didn't have a suspension tech to talk with about what bolt this is. Anyone have an idea what this is.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Curious about this too. Just got street tires put on 2 weeks ago and had the alignment done on my ZLE. Pretty sure they just put the original bolt back in. A week later and my car is wandering all over the place and the steering wheel is no longer at noon ( leaning left to the 11 o colck position). I think the toe is just too far to the right on all wheels, but im wondering if they screwed up by reusing the original bolts.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
bryguycbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguycbr View Post
I have a wheel alignment question for my 2016 SS, I get it done at an alignment shop, I get as many as I want until mid 2020, there alignment machine tells them to replace driver side rear suspension toe adjust bolt, the current toe numbers are 0.21, should be 0.20, It’s a torque-to-yield or single use fastener bolt. I went to a Chevy Dealer and asked them about this, they didn't have a suspension tech to talk with about what bolt this is. Anyone have an idea what this is.
Talking with other folks, bolt #6 is needed, to replace issues.Name:  IMG_3170.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  225.9 KB
Old 06-13-2019, 10:26 PM   #4
bryguycbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N MUSCLE View Post
Curious about this too. Just got street tires put on 2 weeks ago and had the alignment done on my ZLE. Pretty sure they just put the original bolt back in. A week later and my car is wandering all over the place and the steering wheel is no longer at noon ( leaning left to the 11 o colck position). I think the toe is just too far to the right on all wheels, but im wondering if they screwed up by reusing the original bolts.
The alignment shop you used should of replaced parts. This is a quote from another forum I've been chatting with " These are what they look like they are kinda like egg shaped washers ,factory one,s are built on the bolt aftermarket are not like picture as you move bolts when loosened ,the egg shape gives neg or pos camber depending left or right turn , the reason for new is any suspension bolts always requires new per OEM manufacture specs & a lot of alignment shops don’t but should"Name:  62475225_2389364704453298_2494065797727518720_n.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  111.9 KB
Old 06-14-2019, 05:45 AM   #5
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguycbr View Post
The alignment shop you used should of replaced parts. This is a quote from another forum I've been chatting with " These are what they look like they are kinda like egg shaped washers ,factory one,s are built on the bolt aftermarket are not like picture as you move bolts when loosened ,the egg shape gives neg or pos camber depending left or right turn , the reason for new is any suspension bolts always requires new per OEM manufacture specs & a lot of alignment shops don’t but should"Attachment 991406
SPC makes good stuff. The egg shaped bolt is called a cam washer 👍🏻
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i got them from my chevy dealer they were like 22$ each lol pricey ass bolts