Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #15
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
FYI, PTC 97419 studs work too. I ordered them from Rock Auto $1.10 each (much cheaper than Dorman or ARP). They're ~ 15mm longer overall, but have ~24mm more thread engagement, due to being threaded longer.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...841348&jsn=254

Nice find. Looks like a quality part. Do you have any photos installed, i'd like to see if the shoulder pops through the brake hub mating surface?

There's two things that concern me just a bit about those is the knurl diameter is less than stock, not that .2mm is a deal breaker (OEM is 16.1mm) , but with a knurl designed with such tight tolerances i'd hate for you to spin it in the hub. Second is the shoulder length looks to be longer than stock.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #16
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Nice find. Looks like a quality part. Do you have any photos installed, i'd like to see if the shoulder pops through the brake hub mating surface?

There's two things that concern me just a bit about those is the knurl diameter is less than stock, not that .2mm is a deal breaker (OEM is 16.1mm) , but with a knurl designed with such tight tolerances i'd hate for you to spin it in the hub. Second is the shoulder length looks to be longer than stock.
I'll snap some pictures when I get everything put back together. I still have the front struts out from installing new springs.

When I measured the knurl diamater on the old ones that I knocked out, I got ~ 15.30mm...
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #17
JeromeS13

Quote:

I also gathered this information from ARP and PTC... The ARP part numbers are listed for the 6th Gen Camaro.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2019, 12:49 AM   #18
JeromeS13

Quote:

A little protrusion. But, everything fits just fine.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #19
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I run a square winter setup w 7mm spacers up front.

I just cut the "nose" off a set of arp studs, makes them about stock length but more threads so the studs can be used for the stock setup too.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:45 AM   #20
bereic

Drives: Camaro SS 2018 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
I use ET style lug nuts, has plenty of thread engagement with 5mm spacer and stock studs.
Which ones? Thx
bereic is offline   Reply With Quote