Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Have you experienced the Camaro A8 Shudder
Yes 21 70.00%
No 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
A8 Shudder by The Numbers - Let's Get Percentages!

As some of you may have seen I've had a severe shudder. Chevy attempted one fluid flush, and the issue is back again.

Long story short they won't cover the repair because I'm out of warranty. I know there's a few class action lawsuits going around, and I think it would really help the community if we could get some numbers on how common the A8 shudder is.

So, if you have an A8 transmission, have you had the shudder?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Now that you're out of warranty, have you thought about getting the car tuned? You don't have to do additional mods but getting the trans tuned in this car really makes them a lot better. I am having mine done next week and I have been in a few cars with the tune and they ride so much better. Just a thought if you're comfortable doing it
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I had the shudder. I got the new flush. I don't have the shudder now.
Have you considered paying for the flush on your own - or trying another dealer?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
Now that you're out of warranty, have you thought about getting the car tuned? You don't have to do additional mods but getting the trans tuned in this car really makes them a lot better. I am having mine done next week and I have been in a few cars with the tune and they ride so much better. Just a thought if you're comfortable doing it
I’d be interested. My main concern is ensuring that reliability doesn’t go down and there’s no premature failures because of the tune. I’m also worried that I’m going to need a new torque converter, since the service techs actually said (to each other) that this was the worst they’ve ever seen. And then I saw what Al said about ongoing issues with the torque converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
I had the shudder. I got the new flush. I don't have the shudder now.
Have you considered paying for the flush on your own - or trying another dealer?
Thank you for the feedback! Hope it doesn’t come back again. I could do that and probably will have to, but I don’t think it’s right. I’m going to fight to get this covered and want to explore legal options as I have a serious problem with a car from this decade having such serious issues. I’m also concerned that the flush might not fix anything but just put the problem off by a couple of months.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #5
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Search this issue... there have already been polls done. Total BS that the “latest” flush is not covered.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Search this issue... there have already been polls done. Total BS that the “latest” flush is not covered.
I agree! But I’ve spoken with the dealer and Chevy and they were crystal clear that they will do nothing give me the option of signing up for the cost assistance program.