Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #71
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18i4m6 View Post
I've always been a fan of the Supra flutter, open box for me lol... great product thanks for making it. I've added it to my future mod list!

Some of my limited reading says flutter (which is like blowback if I understand correctly) can be bad for the turbo itself, but they are fairly easy and cheap to source and replace right?
You have an interesting list of planned mods. I'd like to follow that. Keep us updated. I have the RaceChip products and the JacFab BoL but like to see how others are enjoying them. I'm mostly interested in what you do for the upgraded sound system.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #72
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
i'm not getting the flutter.
How do you like the BoL?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #73
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18i4m6 View Post
I've always been a fan of the Supra flutter, open box for me lol... great product thanks for making it. I've added it to my future mod list!

Some of my limited reading says flutter (which is like blowback if I understand correctly) can be bad for the turbo itself, but they are fairly easy and cheap to source and replace right?
Turbo flutter in a traditional system can cause turbo damage. In the recirculation system GM uses it's not going to hurt anything like it would in the traditional blow-off valve system. Jason put a lot of time and testing and had many prototypes made before he released his product.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #74
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
to Evils point the thing is a masterwork of precision and design.

Yeah I could tell right away it altered the feel. no measures yet til further down the road a piece. I did a jack bunny start on a piece of straight out of work. With out much effort I hit 6.5 to 60 w/o really thinking. I was logging 7 at the strip last week with a lot of effort. (the real pay off is turn off the brain at the strip).

Now before you start, remember I have a mid pipe so my power curve is shoved back a couple hundred rpm in this config.

No codes in the 100 or so miles tested so far- till I drive home today. lol.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:21 AM   #75
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
You have an interesting list of planned mods. I'd like to follow that. Keep us updated. I have the RaceChip products and the JacFab BoL but like to see how others are enjoying them. I'm mostly interested in what you do for the upgraded sound system.
Thanks, I should get the car any day now and I'll keep it stock for the break in but I'll be sure to document its progression here.

I was back and forth between a redline version and this one but this one had a sunroof and that ultimately was something I really wanted and couldn't reliably mod/aftermarket. The redline had Bose but I read that you can easily add speakers to the base system like mine has and get a similar/better effect. I'm excited for the racechip stuff too, I've never used anything like it before.

Also I see in your sig you are a motorcycle enthusiast, I've got a sportbike past but never had a (fun) car during that time. I always wanted one and here it is!

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:27 AM   #76
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Turbo flutter in a traditional system can cause turbo damage. In the recirculation system GM uses it's not going to hurt anything like it would in the traditional blow-off valve system. Jason put a lot of time and testing and had many prototypes made before he released his product.
I've been reviewing all the material he has put out and it looks solid. I can't wait to get one!

This video really did it for me lol
https://youtu.be/XFTczXT7nAE

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote