Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #29
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezl2576 View Post
Apologies for the delayed response all. Here is the final outcome. Tire shop screwed me, they denied my claim, all 4 rims are destroyed, had to replace all 10 front lug studs and then i replaced both rear hub bearing assemblies. All in all a $1500 loss including the rims.

After i was able to get them all off, I took one of the new ET lugs I still had and tried to fit it through the rim lug hole on the backside (which tire shop did not do when I went to them to buy the lug nuts, I was not as educated as I am now, so that's on me) it would not fit , but if you angled it right it would kind of go in.
When I installed these, I hand tightened with a manual lug wrench then torqued to spec with a digital and manual torque wrench. Never felt any resistance whatsoever.
There were no spacers used at all.
Front Rim's were 20x9 ET 18(245/35/20) and rear were 20x10.5 ET25 (285/35/20).

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and input, it was truly appreciated.
Thank you for the follow-up. Bummer of a situation but nice work getting things off. Sucks to lose the wheels but better than destroying the rest of the car!

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:02 PM   #30
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Unbelievable! It's a weird situation and certainly their fault for giving you lug nuts that ended up getting pressed into the wheels. This seems enough for them to take responsibility. OTOH, their point would be the installer should have figured out something was amiss and never installed them. Unfortunately it's you who pays the price, not only money but time and stress. Glad to hear it's resolved!
Old 11-15-2022, 12:12 PM   #31
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Future reference - drill THROUGH the lug nut using it as drill guide. Step up in drill bit sizes until all the way through or close enough that you can TIGHTEN the lugnut to break end of stud off.

Use a large drill bit that is close to size of stud through lug nut to help center your drilling efforts. This will help create a cone somewhat centered on the stud.

That should at LEAST help save your wheels.

For anyone who didn't catch the note - those are WRONG lugnuts.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/

Last edited by Vtor_ZL1; 11-15-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote