Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
LT1 Emblem

Just curious, has anybody put the LT1 Sick and Twisted emblems on their Camaro. I saw them on EBay so I purchased a set just for giggles. I just got them in the mail and they are pretty cool. I'd post a pic for those of you who have not seen them but I have no idea how to do that. Nonetheless less, they are much nicer than I thought they would be. If you have them on your Camaro just wondering where you put them. Thanks for your time.

Peace,
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Upload a pic to Imgur and post the embedded link.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
mjross

I'm sorry but I do not know anything about Imgur but thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by mjross; 08-02-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
mjross

This is a test
Old 08-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I think he means these:
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #6
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
WTF is sick and twisted?
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:29 AM   #7
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl1982 View Post
WTF is sick and twisted?
Putting that on a Camaro!
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2SS View Post
Putting that on a Camaro!
Than I would not put them on my car if I were you. Your taste is not the same as others. I do not put down people for there personal modifications. Some mods I do not like and would not go that route with my car. However It's their car and their business. People probably do not like some of the aspects of your car but that's your business. What counts is, do you like it.

Peace,
Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #9
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
I thought Sick and Twisted was like the brand.

I'd have to pass.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #10
mjross

They are not for everybody! Just wondering if anyone has used them and if so, where did you install them. Not endorsing anything, just wondering if anyone has used these on there Camaro and where they mounted them. I originally thought they might be amusing in the engine bay where they would be hidden most of the time. However, I ended up putting them on my tool box. Gives it a few more horsepower!

This is not ment to be a pissing match! I just asked a question in regard to location. I hope this forum is not like the Corvette forum where people constantly get on each other's case for the most petty things. When I bought my C7 I hoped things on that forum would be peaceful. Guess again! I still check it out to see if there are any new mods that I might be interested in. It's just not a fun place to be because of all the attitudes. No respect on that forum. You would think it was a bunch of grade school kids some times.

Nonetheless, some may think the emblems are cool and some my not. Bottom line, you do not have to buy them or install them on your car.

Peace,
Old 08-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #11
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I don't like "comments" on my car, or a lot of badges mostly because they're plastic, just stuck on the surface with no sheet metal indent by the manufacturer to show that they should be there, like the front bowtie, or the flags on a C7, front roundel on a BMW, The sheet metal is changed For the insignia, they are meant to be there. However if I was to mount this, it would go in place of the chiclet on both front fenders.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #12
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I think they are stupid and I would never put that on my car. In fact I think adding more badges to any car looks stupid. But its only my opinion. Do what you like, its your car.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #13
mjross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I don't like "comments" on my car, or a lot of badges mostly because they're plastic, just stuck on the surface with no sheet metal indent by the manufacturer to show that they should be there, like the front bowtie, or the flags on a C7, front roundel on a BMW, The sheet metal is changed For the insignia, they are meant to be there. However if I was to mount this, it would go in place of the chiclet on both front fenders.
Someone makes a very nice metal set on eBay. They look more like OEM and have the 1 in either blue or red. Little more pricey, I think about $70 but much better quality.

I have to agree. Emblems should look like they were ment to be there, not an after though. However, I'll see a car that has added an emblem and it just looks right. Not very often but occasionally. My problem is when it is over done. Too many emblems can really junk up a nice vehicle.

By the way, I taped one of the emblems over the chiclet just for chuckles and it looked pretty cool. However, if I was to do something like that, I'd get the nicer metal emblems.

Nonetheless, loving this SS, maybe more than my C7, maybe. Traded my 13 ZL1 for the 17 SS after driving it. This thing appears to be as fast as the ZL1. Loved the Z but this car just feels right and love the exhaust note. YMMV...

Peace,
Old 08-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #14
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
If you really want to put something like this on, EmblemPros one looks much better IMO. I don't get the "sick and twisted" thing. I thought that was the manu. Personally, I have thought about getting one from EP, but I don't know if i really like the look. But, at the end of the day, its your car and your decision.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote