Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
Power Steering Assist Recall Notice

Just took my 2016 Camaro in for this recall. They had to replace the bolts that attach the electric power steering motor to the steering gear and add a protective wax coating to each bolt and the seam around the electric power steering motor. This now makes the 3rd factory recall on this car in less than 3 years. I'm beginning to wonder how many more recalls will be issued in the future to correct defects.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post
Just took my 2016 Camaro in for this recall. They had to replace the bolts that attach the electric power steering motor to the steering gear and add a protective wax coating to each bolt and the seam around the electric power steering motor. This now makes the 3rd factory recall on this car in less than 3 years. I'm beginning to wonder how many more recalls will be issued in the future to correct defects.
When did they make a recall for this and is replacing the bolts the only fix they have for it?

If there really is a recent recall, I'm half wondering if the run around I gave GM (over 5 shop visits and 2 GM techs flew in, lemon case / lawyer) was the culprit that ignited the spark for them to realize this really is an issue.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
never had one recall yet 2016 ss manual car
Old 11-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
No, you didn't have 3 recalls. You had three problems fixed with a service bulletin. There is one... only one recall for all 2016 Camaros, for an audio warning.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #5
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post

working in this industry(not chevy) you have to understand that they HAVE to make these recalls. They don't want to get in a situation where they did nothing, it becomes and issue and then they get sued(IE the ignition switch issue they had years ago). Its not a chevy thing its an industry thing!

Some things you can't test and come up after the public has owned them for years.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote