Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #43
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
If you cant pay cash you cant afford it.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
That's true, but sometimes it makes more sense to not use your cash.
My dad bought a new truck. He could have easily wrote a check to buy it ,but that 50k is making him good money and he got 0% for three years with his trade in he has equity in his new truck. Why use your money that is making you money when you can use someone else's that is costing you nothing to use. Ill always take the loan, rather than spend my cash if the cost of that money is 0.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #45
Teneck83

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Historically, 50k invested 10 years ago holds a value of $100,00 if invested in Large Cap Growth Type investment. We cannot say a $50,000 mass produced car will be worth the same. All day I opt for low interest loans.
Teneck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #46
Pollock
LT4 M6

Its your money. Do with it as you please. I dont like payments. I also dont want to buy something I cant pay cash or have to rely on my investments as an escape route to pay it off in case I became unemployed. To each thier own.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #47
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Its your money. Do with it as you please. I dont like payments. I also dont want to buy something I cant pay cash or have to rely on my investments as an escape route to pay it off in case I became unemployed. To each thier own.
It has nothing to do with relying your investments as an escape route, but the exact opposite. Its making your money work for you so the even unemployment won't bring you down. In my example above, my dad is retired and has been for a long time because he made his money work for him. If he or I would have used all our cash just to never have a payment neither of us would have anywhere close to the bank accounts we have now. I watch friends in business try to operate without any debt. They alway ask me how I buy new trucks or other things for my buiness every year. They can't afford it they say. I tell them that I can't afford not too.

Ill go one farther, just because you can pay cash for something like a car doesn't mean you can afford it either. Think about that a moment.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #48
Teneck83

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:

I have met many auto enthusiasts who lease/finance all of their vehicles. Anyone paying cash on a depreciating means of transportation should reconsider other payment modalities.
Teneck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #49
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It has nothing to do with relying your investments as an escape route, but the exact opposite. Its making your money work for you so the even unemployment won't bring you down. In my example above, my dad is retired and has been for a long time because he made his money work for him. If he or I would have used all our cash just to never have a payment neither of us would have anywhere close to the bank accounts we have now. I watch friends in business try to operate without any debt. They alway ask me how I buy new trucks or other things for my buiness every year. They can't afford it they say. I tell them that I can't afford not too.

Ill go one farther, just because you can pay cash for something like a car doesn't mean you can afford it either. Think about that a moment.
Nailed it, couldn't said it any better!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #50
Pollock
LT4 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneck83 View Post
I have met many auto enthusiasts who lease/finance all of their vehicles. Anyone paying cash on a depreciating means of transportation should reconsider other payment modalities.
Leasing is the most expensive way to own a vehicle.

If you guys like being in debt and paying out monthly payments go for it. Your not going to change my life style any more than I am going to change yours.