Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2019 Camaro Refresh?
Love it! Best refresh yet! 42 6.50%
Hate it! What were they thinking? 345 53.41%
Meh, I'll reserve judgement when I see it in person. 259 40.09%
Voters: 646. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #85
BuckeyeROC
 
BuckeyeROC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 & 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The Camaro always had a great combination of a Pretty/Aggressive look. Where's the pretty in the new refresh?
Yeah, and I would ask where is the aggressive in the refresh? The ZL1 looks aggressive. The refresh looks even less aggressive than the current SS.
BuckeyeROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #86
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Yeah, and I would ask where is the aggressive in the refresh? The ZL1 looks aggressive. The refresh looks even less aggressive than the current SS.
No doubt.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 AM   #87
JaxChris

 
Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,185
Air curtains are GM's new shtick that they will apply ad nauseam to any vehicle they reintroduce from 2019-on, until people finally tell them they are turned off by it.

I have a feeling we'll see a 2021 Silverado refresh, just like the 2016 NNBS.

Also, I hope if Al O. sees one thing on this site this year, it is the results of this pole. If he sees anything else on the internet, I hope he searches for "2019 Camaro" and sets the filter to recent results before watching the top 20 results. The front end just looks like someone at GM lost a bet and was forced to put that hideous T5 movie front end onto the car. Didn't they see the 100 pages of hate about that vehicle when the movie came out? There was still plenty of time then to correct it.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #88
Martinjlm
Retired from GM
 
Martinjlm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Air curtains are GM's new shtick that they will apply ad nauseam to any vehicle they reintroduce from 2019-on, until people finally tell them they are turned off by it.

I have a feeling we'll see a 2021 Silverado refresh, just like the 2016 NNBS.

Also, I hope if Al O. sees one thing on this site this year, it is the results of this pole. If he sees anything else on the internet, I hope he searches for "2019 Camaro" and sets the filter to recent results before watching the top 20 results. The front end just looks like someone at GM lost a bet and was forced to put that hideous T5 movie front end onto the car. Didn't they see the 100 pages of hate about that vehicle when the movie came out? There was still plenty of time then to correct it.
Not a GM thing. In order to achieve NHTSA mandated, IIHS influenced 5-star ratings, every car sold in America (and Europe, based on their similar requirements) will have air curtains eventually. Most are being added at the vehicle’s next major. 2019 was the major for GM Pickups and large utilities. Expect for Camaro 7.
__________________
2017 CAMARO FIFTY SS CONVERTIBLE
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | Thinkware F750 front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties |Novistretch bra and mirror covers |Tow hitch for bicycle rack |


Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #89
'01LS1
 
Drives: 2003 Pete
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Not a GM thing. In order to achieve NHTSA mandated, IIHS influenced 5-star ratings, ...
How do they affect safety? Was thinking it was more of a aero-dynamics thing?
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #90
OMEN
 
OMEN's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2017 2SS RedLine
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oman
Posts: 327
i vote to for charger
__________________
2017 2SS RED HOT
Instegram: #o.c.t
Oman Camaro Team
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:28 PM   #91
x55cam
 
x55cam's Avatar
 
Drives: Super Sport
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hudson, Fl
Posts: 15
Horrible update....
I think a designer from the Silverado dept got transferred to Camaro's design mgt. team and the result is obvious.
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #92
Stex

 
Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South texas
Posts: 1,348
The public will be the final arbitrator. Let us see what the sale numbers are later this year. Latest Pics (grey and silver) on the buying thread makes the 2019 look nice.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #93
lt4camaro

 
Drives: 2016 1lt v6 manual
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
The public will be the final arbitrator. Let us see what the sale numbers are later this year. Latest Pics (grey and silver) on the buying thread makes the 2019 look nice.


The outcome of this vote is 90+ percent either hate it or its a MEH, 6% love it. The rest of the public probably feels the same way. None of the pics make it look any better, that's the 1 eye open and 1 eye closed or squinting way of looking at things and hoping your mind says " well its not to bad "
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #94
yankee
 
Drives: 2015 Mazda 3
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
The outcome of this vote is 90+ percent either hate it or its a MEH, 6% love it. The rest of the public probably feels the same way. None of the pics make it look any better, that's the 1 eye open and 1 eye closed or squinting way of looking at things and hoping your mind says " well its not to bad "
I don’t like the SS design at all but the RS seems ok. I think it will attract some people. This poll should have the RS option too.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #95
lawguy85
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Smyrna, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
The public will be the final arbitrator. Let us see what the sale numbers are later this year. Latest Pics (grey and silver) on the buying thread makes the 2019 look nice.
Mustang sales have been down since the refresh and that was way less controversial (while having more of a difference between the outgoing model as well). Whether it's market factors or pushback, who knows. But doesn't bode well for the Camaro.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:15 PM   #96
BuckeyeROC
 
BuckeyeROC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 & 2013 Super Bee
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
Mustang sales have been down since the refresh and that was way less controversial (while having more of a difference between the outgoing model as well). Whether it's market factors or pushback, who knows. But doesn't bode well for the Camaro.
Both the Camaro and Mustang screwed up their refreshes looks-wise IMHO. I was never a fan of the catfish S550 Mustang to begin with, but they made it look completely catfish-like now, whiskers and all.
BuckeyeROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #97
DiGiam
 
DiGiam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Valdosta
Posts: 396
You can set a coke can on the blacked out part of the 19’s bumper. It looks like bubba from Forrest Gump. Doesn’t matter where you put the bow tie. I will buy the car if it turns out that the rs front will bolt up easy or someone figures out how to retrofit the 16-18 front end on it. Other than that, I’ll just have to wait until the seventh gen.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8. Pray ported intake manifold, Rotofab dry cai, kooks 2" catted longtubes, E85,
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #98
RealG
 
Drives: 1969 RS 350
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
The outcome of this vote is 90+ percent either hate it or its a MEH, 6% love it. The rest of the public probably feels the same way. None of the pics make it look any better, that's the 1 eye open and 1 eye closed or squinting way of looking at things and hoping your mind says " well its not to bad "
Quoted for future reference when the actual sales numbers come out.
__________________
Waiting to order 2019 Camaro V8 no options
50th anniversary of the best Camaro ever
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.