Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #29
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
There are several things that should be asked what the dealership your using says should be your go somewhere else or stay with them decision. Here's a few things I've compiled to ask if I was to buy a used LTG.

1. Was it a rental? Yes I know most rentals were V6's but there's always a possibility.

2. Was it at any time modified or tuned? They can check the flash counter for this there are some ghost tunes but if they checked hard enough they could pick-up obvious changes.

3. What's the warranty? I'd demand factory warranty extension but that's just me because your inherting someone else's possible mistakes.

4. Check the timing cover for oil seap. Some of these timing cover gaskets are poorly QC'd

5. If it's an A8 demand the TSB be performed on the car before signing also if it's 10k plus miles i'd have them check for TC damage or have it in the paperwork to be covered if shudder returns. The new GM 2019 Fix is a Band-Aid fluid excuse again but there's reports they are flashing TCM calibrations.

6. Do your own inspection of suspension and undercar parts and underhood parts.
Have some 2.0T issues been reduced through year to year improvements or are they consistent throughout the model run?
Old 01-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #30
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Have some 2.0T issues been reduced through year to year improvements or are they consistent throughout the model run?
Fairly consistent.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #31
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
IMO, if the car is tuned there is no warranty. The factory (all of them) have engineering derived white papers on the subject.

The service manager is NOT GM. The dealer charges warranty repairs to GM. What the SM says is meaningless and does not obligate GM to anything.

I would agree the SM is a bozzo, but that does not obligate GM to any warranty on a tuned car.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote