Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 01-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
kykid

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Coupe 6M Hyper Blue
BF GOODRICH COMP 2 A/S?

I'd like to hear from anyone here with experience running these. Tire life, road noise, feel, dry performance, bad weather performance (rain, snow, extreme cold, etc) because yes, I drive my SS year round and the weather gets ugly in the winter here sometimes. Supposed to get 6 inches of snow tonight as a matter of fact. The stock Goodyears are HORRIBLE in anything other than perfect weather, even in light rain they suck. For reference, '18 SS 6M with stock sizes front and rear.
kykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
These are the tires I replaced my OEM Pirellis with on my Gen5 SS. I've never used them in snow, but they are great in cold (mid '30s) rain, conditions which render summer tires useless.

Also they have great on-center feel, are quiet, and hook up quite well at the drag strip.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
Theres a thread about 20 posts down abut these tires. It has 14 replies.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl1982 View Post
Its as if the search function doesn't work, OP doesn't even try.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
I had BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S on my last car and I loved them! They feel like summer tires but offer more confident grip in the Cold/Wet over a standard summer tire. No issues with my set after 5,000 miles. I sold the car shortly after rolling over 5,000 miles on the tires. They launch hard and have lots of side wall stiffness.

I was running a size 275/40R18 on all 4 corners on my last car.

For my current car (16 Camaro SS) I decided 3 months ago to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Let me tell you that they feel almost identical to the BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S. The only differences between the two I can tell is that the Michelin's are quieter, a little bit softer side wall, and MUCH better in cold/snow. I still had a little wheel spin issue on the BFG's in snow but the Michelin's had no effect at all. It was like I was driving on dry ground. Sub 40 degrees the Michelin's still have tons of grip in sweeping corners and hard acceleration. The Sport Comp-2 A/S Will also do these things but take a little bit longer to get some head in them for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, the Sport Comp-2 A/S is still great all year tire even in snow and cold! The Michelin's are just a level up IMO. The extra $15 a tire is worth it if you ask me.

If you have any questions about either the BF-G Sport-Comp 2 A/S or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, or even the Conti DWS-06 please ask! I have experience with all 3 of the best (IMO and by Tire-Rack reviews) Ultra-High performance all season tires.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
kykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post
I had BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S on my last car and I loved them! They feel like summer tires but offer more confident grip in the Cold/Wet over a standard summer tire. No issues with my set after 5,000 miles. I sold the car shortly after rolling over 5,000 miles on the tires. They launch hard and have lots of side wall stiffness.

I was running a size 275/40R18 on all 4 corners on my last car.

For my current car (16 Camaro SS) I decided 3 months ago to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Let me tell you that they feel almost identical to the BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S. The only differences between the two I can tell is that the Michelin's are quieter, a little bit softer side wall, and MUCH better in cold/snow. I still had a little wheel spin issue on the BFG's in snow but the Michelin's had no effect at all. It was like I was driving on dry ground. Sub 40 degrees the Michelin's still have tons of grip in sweeping corners and hard acceleration. The Sport Comp-2 A/S Will also do these things but take a little bit longer to get some head in them for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, the Sport Comp-2 A/S is still great all year tire even in snow and cold! The Michelin's are just a level up IMO. The extra $15 a tire is worth it if you ask me.

If you have any questions about either the BF-G Sport-Comp 2 A/S or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, or even the Conti DWS-06 please ask! I have experience with all 3 of the best (IMO and by Tire-Rack reviews) Ultra-High performance all season tires.
Thank you for adding something useful. I've had the Contis on a previous vehicle, it was FWD though. May just go with the Michelins after your insight. What kind of mileage have you gotten out of them in terms of tread life?
Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
If you had simply gone to the already existing thread on the tires you were asking about, you could have learned more. It is here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458093

That is what those confusing remarks that didn't add anything "useful" meant.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #8
kykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
If you had simply gone to the already existing thread on the tires you were asking about, you could have learned more. It is here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458093

That is what those confusing remarks that didn't add anything "useful" meant.
Remarks weren't confusing at all, just people thinking they know everything. I read a few threads on it, not much useful information. Interesting how everyone assumes that I didn't read existing threads on the subject. Of the threads I read, half of the posts on them are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Completely useless unrelated information. The useful comment, that was in direct response to said person actually providing insight into the original question and not useless 'search' posts.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #9
kykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Its as if the search function doesn't work, OP doesn't even try.
On what basis? You say this as if you know I didn't search and read existing threads on the subject. Sorry to disappoint, but I did. Not a lot of useful information in them, in fact, half of the posts are useless and completely unrelated to the topic at hand.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #10
kykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl1982 View Post

Half of which are useless and completely unrelated to the topic at hand
Old 02-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #11
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykid View Post
Half of which are useless and completely unrelated to the topic at hand
I was actually just trying to help you out and not making a smart ass remark. I was searching for info on them too when I saw your thread.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #12
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Look at the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS as well, much newer tire.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote