Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2018, 05:42 AM   #71
the_swiSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
A loaded 2SS is half the price of a base M4 with cloth seats here. A loaded 2SS is still about 30k less than an M2 with some options. There are close to no 6th gens on the road here, while I see about 20 M2/M4's every day.

The performance, emotion, equipment, sound, design, engine/gearbox combo is what makes the 6th gen so special to me. It is truly a special car, every time I get in it I feel like "Yes, this was absolutely the only right choice for me".

Also, people don't judge you the same way they do when you're in a BMW here. None of the boy racer-nouveau-riche-eastern-european clichees apply. Every I've met loves the car, people on the road give me thumbs up all the time.

Black Bowties - GM Fuel Door - Black Camaro Fender Logo - K&N Air Filter - Katech ported TB - GM Dark Tail Lights - GM ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light - HRE FF04 - Eibach Springs
the_swiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #72
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I knew I was going to retire from GM sometime after my 55th birthday. A number of boring financial and tax considerations went into that decision. So since I would be turning in my company car, I would need to buy a car. I also knew it would be a V8 powered performance car. Since I had never owned a convertible before, I decided it would be a convertible. For my last 10 years at GM I was responsible for Powertrain Competitor Intelligence, so I had a good feel for the performance status of everything from Mustang to Porsche to McLaren. And since I reported our findings to all of the GM vehicle teams I was familiar with Camaro, Corvette, and V-Series models. I also knew as much as I needed to know about competitor vehicles. Mustang GT350 was NOT off the table. Mustang GT350 with ADM was off the table, especially considering I get a not too shabby GM discount.

I Borrowed Corvettes and Camaros from those vehicle teams to familiarize myself with my likes and dislikes as well as whether or not I NEEDED a ZL1 vert or Z06 vert (decided I didn’t). Then tossed around the idea of Grand Sport vs SS.

I decided to order a 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic SS Vert with white rally stripes. Wound up at the dealer before Christmas 2016 for routine service on a Cruze. They had a Fifty SS Convertible in the show room with a red Christmas bow on it [TLDR - it’s in my garage]

Decided I would order a Fifty SS Vert just like that one. Took a photo of the Monroney sticker to make certain I got the options right. Fast forward to January 2017...again at the dealer for service. GM is offering 0% interest for 72 months on 2016 Camaros. I had already decided I would pay cash for the car in March, but 0% interest would be a better plan if I could get it. My salesperson asked what he could do to get me to take the Fifty Vert home that day. I told him get me 0% and it would be a deal. He couldn’t make that happen, but he did find a credit union that would finance me at 2% and got the manager to reduce the price by enough that the payment at 2% would be the same as buying the car with my GM discount at 0%. Made the deal, took it home the next day.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #73
19coupe

Drives: '21 LT1 SSM 10spd
I've been into V8 Muscle cars since I was a kid in the 70's. My Dad raced Javelins & AMX's so that was the path to follow. They don't make them anymore so the Camaro took over.
I enjoyed both my 5th Gens but had a hard time adjusting to the 6th bodystyle. The 2019 came out & I didn't like the front end in the pics, so I went to see one in person & liked the detail.
Now that I'm actually driving one, I love the way it handles even better than my 5th Gens. No regrets. I love this chassis!
19coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #74
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
pure, unadulterated, consumerism.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #75
Nrfd79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
To be honest... I've always been a Mopar guy. I've had multiple 70 Challengers and 70 Road Runners. Back in 2014 I ordered a New Hellcat. My dealer which the owner is a good friend promised me that they would get me one. Well after waiting for what seemed like for ever I had enough. I drove by a Chevy dealer about 60 miles from the my house and saw a 2014 2SS 1LE Summit White. I went a drove it. I remember the salesman telling me how fast it was and how good it handled. I drove it and fell in love with the handling of the car. I told the salesman that it was kind of a pooch. It wasn't the fastest car but wow did it go around the corners. So long story short I bought it. The next day I took it to my buddy at the Dodge dealer parked it right in front of his window walked in and I asked him what he thought of my Hellcat? He didn't find the humor in but I thought it was pretty funny. I've had 3 Hellcats parked out in front of my house over the last couple years since then. I beat the Hell out of all 3 of them. I actually almost thought about getting one until I got the ZLE . I'll have this car for a very long time. Probably my favorite car of all time so far.
Nrfd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #76
ChildhoodMuscle

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Before the 2016 SS I daily now, the only GM car I ever owned was a 1985 Pontiac Fiero which was my very first car.

My second car was a Porsche 944, then a 968, and 3 911's after that. Through those years I also owned an M3 & other BMWs, a Jag XK & other Jags, and various family haulers.

At some point in my life I decided to put my money elsewhere other than luxury cars. But I still loved spirited driving, with the occasional track day.

Then I had a Honda Civic SI (interestingly, that car really taught me how to drive properly), modded Subaru Wrx, modded Mitsubishi Evo X (still have it, light power mods, coilovers that make it handle like a dream).

Never really considered American muscle cars but heard about them making good progress in handling, so wanted to rent a Mustang to try it out on vacation, but ended up with a V6 Camaro. I was so surprised by the handling that I started reading about the gen 6. I was amazed that I never realized how good the gen 6 Camaro was. I must have come across the Camaro SS-M4 comparison before (I read all the car news usually), but for some reason I never actually viewed that head-to-head video... in the end that video was what sealed the deal for me.

Coming back from vacation I test drove all 3 engine variants and ended up with the 2016 2SS, and I'm so happy with it! It's the best bang for the buck in the market (especially since I bought it used), and it's outright one of the best cars I've owned at any price!

With the mods, the Evo still slightly outhandles the SS, but not for long, as I plan to put the 1LE suspension (minus the eLSD) on the SS.

Considered trading for a 2018 2SS 1LE, but there are no deals on them in Canada and people are snapping them up quickly so decided it's not worth it to trade.
ChildhoodMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #77
chiefmg

Drives: 2016 2SS vert (wife's)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
My wife really wanted the red interior. Would it be a crime against humanity to put the red Coverking seat covers on the 2SS leather seats?

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...camaro-ss.html

My attitude has always been if it's your car, you do what you want. Especially if a wife is concerned...
chiefmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #78
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
My wife really wanted the red interior. Would it be a crime against humanity to put the red Coverking seat covers on the 2SS leather seats?

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...camaro-ss.html
Have you seen this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541508 ?

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #79
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
The fire started when I got involved with the designing the engine assembly line for the LT1 and LT4. Years later I started reading reviews on the 6th gen, seemed very positive and everyone made it seem more superior as a sports car than the competition, so the fire got even hotter. I was sold then but had to pay off my truck first. When I saw what they were doing for the 50th anniversary, I knew what I wanted.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:24 AM   #80
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
Went to the Indy 500 this year with my two brother inlaws. One of them is a Corvette junky and I was a Ford guy being drug through the Chevy compound. Noticed a red car with a substantial aero package, huge brakes and wide tires behind me that really caught my eye. Turned out to be the new Camaro ZL1 1LE. Started looking closely at the car. Really liked the interior, body design and the fact they fixed the tail lights and interior/gauges over the 5th gen. Was going to replace my black 03 Cobra vert anyways but wasn't sure with what. Then made the mistake of sitting in the Camaro. 100% found the replacement after I spent a couple days researching what Camaro I had just found. Had to have it in NFGM. Found the last NFGM 2018 in Ca. Hopped on a plane a week later and drove it home from LA area to SF area. Sold the Cobra a few weeks later. The Cobra was black on black with 31k miles. Was just done having a black car and a convertible plus wanted something with much more tech and more track focused. I don't miss the Cobra at all and feel the Camaro is the perfect car for me. Just bought the wife a Volt so I can confirm not being a Ford guy anymore. LOL! I also was contemplating the GT350R. The combination of the lack of interior features and back seat, motor issues and crazy dealer price adjustments just turned me off to it. I'm not a huge fan of how the new mustangs look either.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:37 AM   #81
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Wow. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #82
Zboy136

Drives: Red Hot 17 1LE
My car is a tribute car, even though I was always a Mustang guy, my brother loved Camaros. After he past away I wanted to do something that I know he would like, and something that would make me feel closer to him. So I got the 1LE, and have enjoyed every second I have had with it. I entered it into the last car show I took my brother and got 1st place last April, had it modified at HPA because I know how much he liked what I had done to my previous cars.

Thats also where I got my name on here, as it was his email address, because he loved camaro z28's.
Zboy136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #83
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Do yourself and your family a favor stay out of debt. Your in a better position than 98% of the struggling public......
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #84
boosedep3

Drives: 2018 SS1LE
ChildhoodMuscle, what are your thoughts of the SS compared to the Evo X. I had an Evo X on ohlins and that car was amazing, miss that car and how it handled. I sold that car to try something else and now have an STI, really kind of disappointed with the handling and performance compared to the Evo. Been thinking about throwing Ohlins on the STI but have recently stumbled across a 2018 1ss 1LE and have been thinking about making the switch to the Camaro.
boosedep3 is offline   Reply With Quote