Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #99
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
What if they want to take it in for a lemon law case? Could they argue that?
If they desired to go that route. I’d rather wait for the fix and have a better car but to each his own.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #100
FL Scooter

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
My TC is broke so THEY ARE REPLACING IT cause it's not working. Not the 2019 fix. will still have the shudder later on.
FL Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:38 PM   #101
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I don't quite understand why there isn't more outrage at GM's general lack of commitment to their customers. Seriously, a 3 year plus issue without resolution? A BS band aid fix / excuse around friction modifiers? Making people wait for what they say is a resolution until the first quarter. Who will get the repair? What is it? When in the first quarter?
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #102
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
I was told January. Whether that happens or not, we will see. I have had the flush once. I will give them 3 shots at this which is 2 more than they deserve. After that, if no beuno, it goes to Vengeance.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #103
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Angry

Well, went in for my "Shudder Fix" today, and also another (2nd) differential fluid change for the rubbing sound.

Right out of the gate, the service girl said "well we can't do the differential because you drove the car here, and it needs to be checked cold". I said well, I drove it here last year at this time and you did it, so humor me here and let's check it.

Long story short - they told me my car was "done" and when I pressed them on it they said "oh, yeah we couldn't recreate the issue". I said look, we know there is a service bulletin (in my hand) for this, and we know that this car had the issue a year ago. Are you telling me that I'm making this up now?

We went back and forth, the service guy came out and I dropped a few F bombs, and then I ended up talking to the manager in his office. He assured me I could come back any time, but if they did the differential fluid now "it creates exposure for the dealership". I said first of all you did it once, and second of all I can't keep taking days off to sit here - I'm here today to get this done.

I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere and decided to leave before they called the cops. I wasn't threatening anyone but I was definitely getting louder than everyone else there was comfortable with
Old 10-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #104
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Well, went in for my "Shudder Fix" today, and also another (2nd) differential fluid change for the rubbing sound.

Right out of the gate, the service girl said "well we can't do the differential because you drove the car here, and it needs to be checked cold". I said well, I drove it here last year at this time and you did it, so humor me here and let's check it.

Long story short - they told me my car was "done" and when I pressed them on it they said "oh, yeah we couldn't recreate the issue". I said look, we know there is a service bulletin (in my hand) for this, and we know that this car had the issue a year ago. Are you telling me that I'm making this up now?

We went back and forth, the service guy came out and I dropped a few F bombs, and then I ended up talking to the manager in his office. He assured me I could come back any time, but if they did the differential fluid now "it creates exposure for the dealership". I said first of all you did it once, and second of all I can't keep taking days off to sit here - I'm here today to get this done.

I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere and decided to leave before they called the cops. I wasn't threatening anyone but I was definitely getting louder than everyone else there was comfortable with

I been pushing my service date due to the fact of the rear diff needing to be cold from the start. To replicate it they had to keep my car over night and see the next cold morning what it did. This is the only way for them to hear it unless its present and 24-7 noise which its not. The shudder is getting worse as i drive it more but i will be damned to make 2 trips for the diff and shudder. 1 month left on my 3 year warranty which i dont think it matters as its power train.

Feel bad for anyone getting into a used A8 Camaro not knowing the issues GM has with no fix till next year is total BS. I want a reliable car, this definitely has not been for me. I will need good luck showing them the Brake Assist failure shit that happen last week too. Almost hit the car in front of me for no reason other then a electronic failure i could only think. 2 times my car overheated in a traffic jam and had to tow twice after no start due to a failed cooling fan they replaced. If this is any indication of a great car then i don't know what one is!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:17 AM   #105
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I don't know what frustrates me more, GM not addressing and fixing these issues properly and in a timely fashion or the damn dealerships who try and get out of attempting to fix things that they know are well known issues that are widespread!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:39 AM   #106
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I don't know what frustrates me more, GM not addressing and fixing these issues properly and in a timely fashion or the damn dealerships who try and get out of attempting to fix things that they know are well known issues that are widespread!
GM has addressed the issue and a fix is coming. I don't think you all understand what's involved in finding out the root cause of a problem, finding a solution and designing updated parts and programming, testing to see if it fixes the problem, finding vendors to make new improved parts, making enough parts to fix all the affected vehicles out there (in the 10's to possibly 100's of thousands of vehicles), stocking all the parts depots and dealers, updating all the dealers software, making new repair procedures and warranty claims and extensions possibly, then rolling it out to the customers and dealers.

I understand everyones frustration, I drive the same car with a A8. But a "fix" is not something that happens in a few months, or even a year or 2. It's a huge undertaking to redesign, test, and manufacture a part to fix 4 years worth of cars and trucks. It's also bad on the dealers who can only do what GM allows them to do to fix the problem.

Just be patient people, A fix is hopefully coming.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:22 AM   #107
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Very well put Matt. It is very frustrating for everyone but you have to keep a level head about things. Going full retard on the service writers and or managers will get you nowhere. All Cars and manufacturers have problems, some just get the problems solved quicker than others.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 PM   #108
mako22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
GM has addressed the issue and a fix is coming. I don't think you all understand what's involved in finding out the root cause of a problem, finding a solution and designing updated parts and programming, testing to see if it fixes the problem, finding vendors to make new improved parts, making enough parts to fix all the affected vehicles out there (in the 10's to possibly 100's of thousands of vehicles), stocking all the parts depots and dealers, updating all the dealers software, making new repair procedures and warranty claims and extensions possibly, then rolling it out to the customers and dealers.

I understand everyones frustration, I drive the same car with a A8. But a "fix" is not something that happens in a few months, or even a year or 2. It's a huge undertaking to redesign, test, and manufacture a part to fix 4 years worth of cars and trucks. It's also bad on the dealers who can only do what GM allows them to do to fix the problem.

Just be patient people, A fix is hopefully coming.
While that is all true, its far from the point. The point is to build the car correctly with the right expertise and workmanship so that you dont have to go through this whole process laid out above. Chevy created a faulty product that I spent $42K on, and youre asking me to appreciate how hard it is to fix their mistakes???

Thats like a murderer on the stand trying to defend himself by saying "wait, you guys have no idea all the planning that went into this. And man did this guy struggle! He didnt die until like 5 hours of stabbing! This murder was no walk in the park, so please be lenient with my sentence ok?"
Old 10-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #109
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
While that is all true, its far from the point. The point is to build the car correctly with the right expertise and workmanship so that you dont have to go through this whole process laid out above. Chevy created a faulty product that I spent $42K on, and youre asking me to appreciate how hard it is to fix their mistakes???

Thats like a murderer on the stand trying to defend himself by saying "wait, you guys have no idea all the planning that went into this. And man did this guy struggle! He didnt die until like 5 hours of stabbing! This murder was no walk in the park, so please be lenient with my sentence ok?"
I understand your frustration. You spent $42k on a GM product with about 30 years of build quality issues and said to yourself "This is gonna be my year, GM is gonna build a car with ZERO issues now!" Then you had a problem... so you went in the dealer and started throwing F-bombs because they didn't make a perfect car. It's rough I know.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:50 PM   #110
mako22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I understand your frustration. You spent $42k on a GM product with about 30 years of build quality issues and said to yourself "This is gonna be my year, GM is gonna build a car with ZERO issues now!" Then you had a problem... so you went in the dealer and started throwing F-bombs because they didn't make a perfect car. It's rough I know.
eh...yeah. cool. Actually this is my 6th Camaro and I have had zero issues like these. If the Camaro was truly 30 years of build issues, we wouldnt be in this forum right now.

So yes am frustrated, and no I dont have any sympathy for how much work it takes to come up with a fix. Any questions?
Old 10-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #111
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
“I dont have any sympathy for how much work it takes to come up with a fix”

Fully agree. GM just reported another huge quarter $$...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM   #112
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
eh...yeah. cool. Actually this is my 6th Camaro and I have had zero issues like these. If the Camaro was truly 30 years of build issues, we wouldnt be in this forum right now.

So yes am frustrated, and no I dont have any sympathy for how much work it takes to come up with a fix. Any questions?
Oh so the 3rd gens didn't have any problems? No paint issues, plastic pieces cracking and failing inside and out, rear main seal, t top and hatch notorious for leaks, heater cores always fail, steering box cracking, headliners sag, and the car was a squeak and rattle trap from the factory.

Or maybe you meant the 4th gen? water pump and Optispark failures, rear main seal, 4l6e failures, 10 bolt failure, rear pinion seal, window lifts fail, front turn signals all get water in them and die, brake rotors warp by design, alternator, along with the squeaks and rattles also.

You're very ignorant to believe Camaros haven't had quality issues over the years.