Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
WhiteSS6

Drives: 2017 2SS
Picking Up 2017 SS Tomorrow

I'm going to check out a 2017 SS tomorrow, coming from a 2011 Mustang. It's a CPO with 6k miles. As long as everything checks out, I'll be driving her home

Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there is anything specific I should look out for? Thanks in advance, and look forward to joining the community!
WhiteSS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
Mlbraptor

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Welcome. I hope you enjoy it..
Mlbraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
There's a ton of stuff to check. Good luck

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ight=checklist

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508200
Old 09-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Let me guess...uh, bet its white. Confirm with pics later.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:19 PM   #5
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

The white ones are the fastest, lol.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
If it is a stick, get a skip shift eliminator immediately
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Let me guess...uh, bet its white. Confirm with pics later.
What's wrong with white lol?
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #8
WhiteSS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to have this with me tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Well how'd you do?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #10
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Well how'd you do?
He seems to be busy driving it nonstop to post on here 😂
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
WhiteSS6

Quote:
Well how'd you do?
Drove 3.5 hours. Got to the dealership, and the car wasn't clean. Negligent since they knew I was coming days in advance, but no big deal. Has 1,000+ miles more than advertised, okay no big deal.

I understand this is a pre-owned with almost 8k miles on it so I expect little things here and there. I start going over the car and notice multiple things.

Two rough spots on the rear bumper that stick out like a sore thumb, one with multiple chips all the way through the paint:

Keep looking and notice some chipping near the tail light:

Lower rear fascia not clipped on one side:

Spots on BOTH driver and passenger side front quarter panel, chipped through the paint (only got pic of one side):

Assuming those were from a poor removal job of badges?

I point these out to the him. Of course, he acts dumbfounded and states something along the lines of "I looked the car over yesterday and didn't notice any of that!"

At this point I already have a bad first impression. I try to make the best out of the situation and ask him if he has a detailer available to take a look and see what he can do.

Takes the car around and comes back. Says they need an hour. I'm frustrated at this point because I just drove 3.5 hours, but I say no problem and accept. I go grab some food and come back in an hour.

They were able to "mostly" buff it out. Of course the chips were still an issue but they used some touch up paint on it. I say fine, and go on a test drive. Car seems to run fine, didn't notice any of the issues in the link you provided.

He brings up KBB to show me the trade-in value range on my car. Comes back with a range of $10,300-$12k. They go and inspect my current car for an offer.

While this is happening, I'm giving the car a final look over. Notice the passenger side door has fitment issues when comparing it to the driver side (and other Camaros on the lot):

Driver Side (fine):

Passenger Side:

At this point, I'm about ready to just cut my losses and take the long drive back home without the car. But, I really want the car even after all of this. We go inside and run some numbers.

Camaro's price stays the same, and they lowball me on my car 10k flat. I express that I'm not exactly happy with the points I made above, and the fact that they're offering me $300 less than the minimum value HE showed me.

I tell him that's not going to work, but I am willing to negotiate. He goes on to rebuttal my displeasure of having to wait to "fix" the issues with the car after being told via email the car is immaculate by saying his time was "wasted" as well because I took my time looking over the car.

Really??? Goes back to the manager to give me a new offer. I'm not expecting much, but don't insult me by offering below the KBB range for my car OR not knocking a little off the price of the Camaro. My car is clean, only 49k miles on a 2011 Mustang. Has less minor imperfections than the Camaro did from the jump.

I go outside to touch base with my fiance on the phone. Apparently my conversation wasn't complete fast enough and while I'm on the phone, he literally takes the car from the customer area and parks it back in the show lot. I'm in awe at this point. Finish my conversation and go back inside.

They won't budge a single cent on EITHER car, "This is the deal". At this point I'm done and tell him no thanks. While I'm walking out he makes some sort of smart ass comment about manners or something, I didn't fully hear. I was nothing but patient and polite to this guy, especially given the circumstances.

Wasted gas, miles on my car, and 10+ hours overall today. Absolutely terrible experience to say the least.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 PM   #12
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

That sucks, but at least you knew your stuff and didn't give those jokers any $ for a car that was rough. These cars showing up used with less than 10k is the first red flag. Hope you find a good one.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:25 AM   #13
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Hope you're not done with the dealership yet. Keep your pics and start a paper trail.
Contact the general manager with the intent of filing a complaint with corporate. Point out to him that their false advertising was misleading, then show him pics and anything else that will validate how you were mislead and the way you were treated once you got there. Let him know that your trip was an entire waste of your time and that you have contacted the State Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission with the intent of filing complaints with these agencies in lieu of this matter and that you were treated unfairly and taken advantage of. Furthermore, be glad that you didn't settle for that piece of crap car! The time you wasted that day would just be the beginning of your headaches.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:33 AM   #14
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Great call to walk away on that one! Have you been watching your local dealers for great deals on the remaining new 17s? We bought our 2SS last october for like $13k below msrp
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote